IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

1 hour ago, tr0llhatt said:

So, don't take this the wrong way, but just adding more tierships at any level is kinda diluting the point of them. I realize Silver is now gone, but there now seems to be more tiered spots than before in total.

And I realize some might think this hypocritical of me as I got both Gold last time (as a new member) and Plat this round, but still :|

I kinda have to agree...I thought it will be more exclusive in terms of spots being offered (especially Gold which by now have so many open). It will effect on the gb's of course, which is 80% of why most people buy these memberships in the first place...

but again, i trust the manager's decisions 

• Haha 1

Awards

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, tr0llhatt said:

So, don't take this the wrong way, but just adding more tierships at any level is kinda diluting the point of them. I realize Silver is now gone, but there now seems to be more tiered spots than before in total.

And I realize some might think this hypocritical of me as I got both Gold last time (as a new member) and Plat this round, but still :|

This is the inherent problem with “elitism”.

Who knows, maybe in eight months time there will be another tier above Platinum for the even more elite, elitist.  :D

• Haha 2

tout à l'instant, DodgyDave a dit :

C'est le problème inhérent à "l'élitisme".

Qui sait, peut-être que dans huit mois, il y aura un autre niveau au-dessus du platine pour les encore plus élitistes et élitistes.:D

oh… 200$ ? 😉

I hope no… platinum is enough and price is expensive enough… maybe too much.

• Like 1

Awards

It's a tough one

Whilst those who have supported MP deserve reward for their loyalty, it cannot be a closed shop either (newer people need to be given a chance as well). 

I think the way MP are handling it is a pretty good way, it is a mix of both. 

There is never a perfect solution to fully satisfy everyone, but this is pretty close.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4kiraL said:

I believe in MP to make the right judgement.

Yeah, hopefully! Would be a shame if in near future you wouldn´t have a chance at (popular) releases without a (platinum) membership.

The membership should really focus on supporting MP and their awesome work imho. Maybe the "GB advantage" could be limited to a, let´s say, 3 time usage within a cycle? So in a cycle you can get a "bump" in 3 GBs of your choice. Regular members would´ve more chances to get popular releases as well and MP still gets enough support.

• Haha 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
15 minutes ago, KananJarrus said:

Yeah, hopefully! Would be a shame if in near future you wouldn´t have a chance at (popular) releases without a (platinum) membership.

The membership should really focus on supporting MP and their awesome work imho. Maybe the "GB advantage" could be limited to a, let´s say, 3 time usage within a cycle? So in a cycle you can get a "bump" in 3 GBs of your choice. Regular members would´ve more chances to get popular releases as well and MP still gets enough support.

It is going to be exactly the opposite to that really. 
Tier Membership will mean more Tier only GBs. You are supporting us, so we support you. 
Regular Members decide, for whatever personal reason, that it is not worth getting a Tier Membership. So they then have to take their chances. Sometimes, in fact quite often, they get lucky. But I see that happening less and less as Tier Membership grows. 
The world of collecting is going to change drastically with the advent of e-commerce taxes. It may be that some retailers will prefer to offset any extra work by unloading these problems to GB hosts/Forums. 
Certainly collectors need to get ready to pay more. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1