IGNORED

WCL Breakfast at Tiffany's (WCL Exclusive #27) (Scanavo Blu-ray Fullslip) [China]

ksosk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

There was a disc quantity issue and WCL couldn't supply us with our GB orders 😔

WCL deeply apologise for that and promised that it won't happen again.

After discussing with John, we have decided to do our very own fullslip for Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I will have printing effects on the slip, include a folder with cards plus a cardboard holder for disc. However, we will be unable to supply the bluray disc.

At this moment, I am unable to give the pricing for this as our print volume will be very low.

Remember, this is done due to the expected change of the GB. I will use this opportunity to try out some different print techniques which will raise the cost.

I will open a new GB for this product but it will not stay open for long!

If you are interested, do sign up when it is live.

Expect this to be at a price of a normal single edition (with disc).

@deckard99 

@Robertm89 

@ddeahl 

@cohelfer 

@Hollywood E Rock 

@somebodys_kid 

@Grendel 

@ProngstheWhovian  

@Carl 

@futurhythm 

@simba73 

@Cy1 

@Veum 

@Spainboy79 

@Casiusco 

@Angelfire011 

@Mattrivers95 

@bond1976 

@hal56  

@Horrorfan87 

@BlackWolf 

@Sriram 

@Morten Paulsen 

@j harman 

@mjk 

@Cheaptrick 

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Wow, you really got the rights to the Durieux art? That's amazing! While you're at it, you should see if you can print a run of posters that are normal-person price. It's one of my favorites, but way out of reach. This concept is looking a lot like the steelbook concept I did:

1048403894_BreakfastatTiffanysconcept1.thumb.png.c507c8537dee348ba4df8f7c4b1b9c0a.png

I think having a border around the image, as on the original poster, sets it off nicely with a more finished look. Also, like you, I couldn't figure out what to do with the back. With front art that's that good, you kind of don't want to cheapen it with unrelated clipart. When I couldn't find anything that paired well with Durieux, I just went ultra-simple.

One request: Any chance you could make the slip the right size to hold a steelbook? I'm sure there will be one eventually, and I'm sure it won't look great and so will need a beautiful slip like this. :) Thanks!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ksosk said:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

There was a disc quantity issue and WCL couldn't supply us with our GB orders 😔

WCL deeply apologise for that and promised that it won't happen again.

After discussing with John, we have decided to do our very own fullslip for Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I will have printing effects on the slip, include a folder with cards plus a cardboard holder for disc. However, we will be unable to supply the bluray disc.

At this moment, I am unable to give the pricing for this as our print volume will be very low.

Remember, this is done due to the expected change of the GB. I will use this opportunity to try out some different print techniques which will raise the cost.

I will open a new GB for this product but it will not stay open for long!

If you are interested, do sign up when it is live.

Expect this to be at a price of a normal single edition (with disc).

Thats unfortunate. However, when I look at your draft this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. It looks fantastic. Needless to say, I am in😊

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
20 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

Wow, you really got the rights to the Durieux art? That's amazing! While you're at it, you should see if you can print a run of posters that are normal-person price. It's one of my favorites, but way out of reach. This concept is looking a lot like the steelbook concept I did:

1048403894_BreakfastatTiffanysconcept1.thumb.png.c507c8537dee348ba4df8f7c4b1b9c0a.png

I think having a border around the image, as on the original poster, sets it off nicely with a more finished look. Also, like you, I couldn't figure out what to do with the back. With front art that's that good, you kind of don't want to cheapen it with unrelated clipart. When I couldn't find anything that paired well with Durieux, I just went ultra-simple.

One request: Any chance you could make the slip the right size to hold a steelbook? I'm sure there will be one eventually, and I'm sure it won't look great and so will need a beautiful slip like this. :) Thanks!

Hey @ethnosax,

Unfortunately, this is going to be a fan-made without approval 😔

Sorry.

This slip is not meant to be a profit-based product.

I chose that diamond back as it gives me a great opportunity to play with some printing techniques. The diamond will turn out extremely pretty, I hope 😃

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Hey @ethnosax,

Unfortunately, this is going to be a fan-made without approval 😔

Sorry.

This slip is not meant to be a profit-based product.

I chose that diamond back as it gives me a great opportunity to play with some printing techniques. The diamond will turn out extremely pretty, I hope 😃

Well, what you've got looks 1000x better than what WCL is doing, so congratulations! :) Tell me it'll fit a steelbook, and I'm in.

• Like 2

Thanks for the notice.  Below I express my opinion.  Media Psycho guarantees a lot of sales to WCL / MLIfe and, as far as I know, it is the only Group Buy that can be used by the rest of the world other than China for these items.  Therefore, if you have not already done so, you could directly ask WCL to print more copies of this edition (naturally numbered), in order to guarantee us collectors the copies ordered.  Your effort to produce an alternative version is to be appreciated, but for those like me who collect WCL, it certainly cannot replace it.  serious thank you and greet you.  SC

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, simba73 said:

Thanks for the notice.  Below I express my opinion.  Media Psycho guarantees a lot of sales to WCL / MLIfe and, as far as I know, it is the only Group Buy that can be used by the rest of the world other than China for these items.  Therefore, if you have not already done so, you could directly ask WCL to print more copies of this edition (naturally numbered), in order to guarantee us collectors the copies ordered.  Your effort to produce an alternative version is to be appreciated, but for those like me who collect WCL, it certainly cannot replace it.  serious thank you and greet you.  SC

I totally get it. 

WCL always print with us in mind  but the issue in this case is that the discs belong to a distributor that is handling the license to a nee company hence they arent able to supply anymore discs to WCL to increase printruns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

il y a 4 minutes, ksosk a dit :

I totally get it. 

WCL always print with us in mind  but the issue in this case is that the discs belong to a distributor that is handling the license to a nee company hence they arent able to supply anymore discs to WCL to increase printruns

@ksosk And the slip without the disk, as Blufans? 

Awards