IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

No clue if you guys have spotted this before, but I randomly saw this release of Attack on Titan season 1 coming in the guise of "Ultimate Fan Edition", with the absolutely ridiculous price tag of $489.99 on Yesasia 🤣
https://www.yesasia.com/global/attack-on-titan-season-1-blu-ray-ep-1-25-9-disc-ultimate-fan-edition/1112489568-0-0-0-en/info.html

That doesn't bode well for a complete set of AoT when it finishes up 💸

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Awards

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

No clue if you guys have spotted this before, but I randomly saw this release of Attack on Titan season 1 coming in the guise of "Ultimate Fan Edition", with the absolutely ridiculous price tag of $489.99 on Yesasia 🤣
https://www.yesasia.com/global/attack-on-titan-season-1-blu-ray-ep-1-25-9-disc-ultimate-fan-edition/1112489568-0-0-0-en/info.html

Holy Mama!!!... I need to translate that!!...😅

It looks great but yeah, $389.00 is a lot... But maaaan!!... I really really want something like this for Attack on Titan... 🥰🥰😍😍

@ksosk Can you check if we can get a better price somewhere else for this edition?? You may know as it's Korean... 9_9

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/28/2022 at 7:53 PM, LeGonze said:

By the way, just got an email from sentai that we're getting new pre-sale items... And I'm very interested on this one, but it has an Aniplex price tag!!!... WTH??!!!... Can't spend that much on this one... I'll wait for a future discount (Hoping it doesn't get OOS).

image.thumb.jpeg.4174ef900219fddc2426ee6ab7ec7c36.jpeg

There are a lot of new stuff in there if you want to check. ^_^

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-order

MVM are also releasing this in the uk so there might be a cheaper alternative soon. Also my shinkai titles arrived the other day along with two collections of full metal panic novels and goblin slayer and berserk steelbooks.

2B3C45D1-4B4A-4EED-98D4-6F2185856BC3.jpeg

D8E77951-8BE4-40C7-8452-8BCDF1F1803C.jpeg

37D340D9-BE9C-4FBE-8690-31EEA7124CC0.jpeg

03DD5E3B-0AB8-4849-B778-066DFF15700E.jpeg

ABE3EE93-43F9-4D0A-9A5F-32399A228DB1.jpeg

1AE79159-A050-4259-BEAF-4787AEFC8C3B.jpeg

B6C9745D-B5FB-4E9D-8689-B34BE40A0709.jpeg

2B9209FE-D74E-44C1-BAE9-9798FCD0F140.jpeg

DE928D64-AC19-40BD-818C-0BED907322D3.jpeg

CCFAA204-54C9-41CA-81CB-BB457C442118.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

😲 wow that price is really an absolute joke. 1 Book, 1 Poster, 6 cards and a Full-Slip and they have a retail of $ 229.98 even with reduced price that is still over $100 more than the regular version.

Well... The goodies are waaaaaay way better than Aniplex America's.

The book is 176 pages, so it's a big one. Compare it to Aniplex 12p "booklet". xD

No posters nor Artcards anymore from Aniplex.

It still waaaay better than what Aniplex gives, but this price coming from Sentai is a real shock and that's why I'm waiting for a discount, praying it doesn't get OOS. xD

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

MVM are also releasing this in the uk so there might be a cheaper alternative soon.

Well... Let's wait for this one then... Hahaa... Thanks!!! xD

27 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

Also my shinkai titles arrived the other day along with two collections of full metal panic novels and goblin slayer and berserk steelbooks.

All these are beautiful!!!... Awesome man!!... ^_^^_^

• Like 3

16 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

😲 wow that price is really an absolute joke. 1 Book, 1 Poster, 6 cards and a Full-Slip and they have a retail of $ 229.98 even with reduced price that is still over $100 more than the regular version.

Welcome to our little Anime Corner @nathan_s82. Macross yeah, Ghibli OMG, Gudam awesome, Kenshin nice, you like lots of stuff I like too. I really hope that someday we will finally get more of the Macross stuff outside of Japan released as Blu-ray with subs.

I'm doing an Ultimate Macross project at the moment, revisiting everything in chronological order 😃. Currently at Macross Frontier, and I still love the series so much, have to say that it is truely one of the most amazing Series ever made. The action, characters, story and the amazing Music together with some of the very best animations created make it a true masterpiece. The Songs are simply perfect. 1 episode of Macross Frontier has more stuff going on than most new series combined in their entire run 😅. I finally want this on Blu-ray.

39261ff9e138a67f51631f7c6fad79f3.gifmacross-frontier.gif

I loved Frontier way more than Delta, but am glad we are getting a new Delta movie at least. The Frontier Zentora Mori Complete Blu ray set has subs as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

I loved Frontier way more than Delta, but am glad we are getting a new Delta movie at least. The Frontier Zentora Mori Complete Blu ray set has subs as well. 

Delta is okay, but Frontier is simply the best.

Do you have that Set? Because when I researched this years ago I could not find any mentioning of subtitles for the Series/Release. I just looked and no mention of subtitles where I looked.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 2:21 AM, tr0llhatt said:

Hey guys!!

I asked @SquidGame to check if he could look for some local prices there in Korea and he found it at $271 plus shipping.

He can help anyone if you guys want it but please confirm in the next 24 hrs as is about to get Sold Out.

NOTE: No English Subs or Dubs. Only Korean.

Region A.

NOTE: Anyone can ask for this item, not only those I tagged. 😅😅😉😉

@ksosk @Grendel @extantsrevenge @tr0llhatt

Edited by LeGonze
  • Thanks 3

On 4/26/2022 at 5:36 PM, AndroiDad75 said:

My youngest wants me to start One Piece with him.  That's going to be a commitment for sure, as he told me it has something like 1K episodes.... YIKES....

@AndroiDad75 @LeGonze
Hey guys! Yeah, One Piece is a very lengthy series, but it is a series that I keep going back to... it has a lot of charm and heart, in my opinion. I initially wrote it off, because the idea of an anime about pirates fighting sounded boring; but a friend of mine challenged me to watch the first 100 episodes... I was hooked after the first 30!

The later seasons feel like they drag on and the 1000 episode list looks overwhelming, but what I've done is watch it in chapters/ seasons. After I feel a chapter ends, I take a break and watch some other stuff, and then I go back... it seems far more manageable that way. What ends up happening though, is that I get hooked and eager to watch the "next" episode, so I sometimes end up binge watching some more 😄 I'm currently in the late 800's of episodes, is anyone else watching it besides me?

Can you imagine an Ultiate Box Set of Blu-Rays for One Piece?!?! The price would be something nuts! Anyways, I'd say give it a look, it has easily become one of my favorites of all time 😍

luffyop.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Diamond One Piece is one of the Animes I never tested. Like you wrote the idea behind the series is not so interesting for me. And now with so many episodes it would be to big of a commitment. I still need to continue with Gintama that also has many episodes (by far not so much like One Piece). But I'm really impressed by the popularity and longevity of the series.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Diamond One Piece is one of the Animes I never tested. Like you wrote the idea behind the series is not so interesting for me. And now with so many episodes it would be to big of a commitment. I still need to continue with Gintama that also has many episodes (by far not so much like One Piece). But I'm really impressed by the popularity and longevity of the series.

I couldn't get into OP but I'd like to get into Gintama because of it's extreme randomness lol 😆 

Monkeybooger GIF by Big Up! Hosting

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• ★ Administrators ★
18 minutes ago, Squeegie McGee said:

I couldn't get into OP but I'd like to get into Gintama because of it's extreme randomness lol 😆 

Monkeybooger GIF by Big Up! Hosting

Gintama is hilarious, some filler episodes are not so great, recently had a complete story arc I did not like (that is why I'm currently taking a break). But it is most of the time super funny.

animesher.com_fun-wait-sorry-kintama-114

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Gintama is hilarious, some filler episodes are not so great, recently had a complete story arc I did not like (that is why I'm currently taking a break). But it is most of the time super funny.

animesher.com_fun-wait-sorry-kintama-114

I like completely random humor in anime... I've seen 2 episodes and it reminds me of this other anime Cromartie High School

cromartie-cromartie-high-school.gif.34ccddce2b1534b38a5de200bd0899b0.gif

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I haven't been on in a while, but wanted to swing by and let everyone know that one of my favorite anime, Vinland Saga, has a limited edition set from Sentai available for pre-order!

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Vinland-Saga-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/products/816726029443-vinland-saga-season-1-limited-edition-blu-ray?_pos=1&_sid=0543e401b&_ss=r

Hoping the slip has a nice finish like some of Sentai's other LE stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Awards

On 5/1/2022 at 6:56 PM, LeGonze said:

Hey guys!!

I asked @SquidGame to check if he could look for some local prices there in Korea and he found it at $271 plus shipping.

He can help anyone if you guys want it but please confirm in the next 24 hrs as is about to get Sold Out.

NOTE: No English Subs or Dubs. Only Korean.

Region A.

NOTE: Anyone can ask for this item, not only those I tagged. 😅😅😉😉

@ksosk @Grendel @extantsrevenge @tr0llhatt

Last Call guys!!... 📣📣

If you want it please let me know ASAP...

Note that this one looks like a Premium Release, and Koreans know how to make Premiums... 😍😍😍

L_g0172278082.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:01 AM, Jiggy Higgins said:

Hi everyone! I haven't been on in a while, but wanted to swing by and let everyone know that one of my favorite anime, Vinland Saga, has a limited edition set from Sentai available for pre-order!

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Vinland-Saga-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/products/816726029443-vinland-saga-season-1-limited-edition-blu-ray?_pos=1&_sid=0543e401b&_ss=r

Hoping the slip has a nice finish like some of Sentai's other LE stuff.

Did you see this?? 🤓🤓

I haven’t watched S1 so I don’t really know how animation quality is.

Mappa can do some things better, but also some things worse, just like they’ve done with AoT.

I can’t believe Wit loses all these major Animes to Mappa. That’s really odd. I really love their work.😐😐

What are your thoughts on this?? 😬😬

Also, Mappa will be ultra busy this and next year with (Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen S2, AoT S4pt3, and others). 😵😵

68E66A08-1330-4488-8EF9-88E760E5CCDB.png

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

Did you see this?? 🤓🤓

I haven’t watched S1 so I don’t really know how animation quality is.

Mappa can do some things better, but also some things worse, just like they’ve done with AoT.

I can’t believe Wit loses all these major Animes to Mappa. That’s really odd. I really love their work.😐😐

What are your thoughts on this?? 😬😬

Also, Mappa will be ultra busy this and next year with (Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen S2, AoT S4pt3, and others). 😵😵

68E66A08-1330-4488-8EF9-88E760E5CCDB.png

I did see it, a bit disappointing. I've really enjoyed the animation on many Mappa projects but as you mentioned, much of their animation can be very poor (mainly their 3D work). Wit's Vinland Saga animation is beautiful and incredibly high quality, I hope Mappa can keep their artwork up to par for the second season.

• Like 4

Awards

On 5/2/2022 at 11:01 AM, extantsrevenge said:

Yes, it's crazy that the One Piece story has continued on for so long, and it stays consistent; you'll find that things that happen in current episodes can be related to something that happened 300 episodes ago (even further!) 😱 The writer has been able to expand upon the story very well and further flesh out the world and characters; I believe that the story is at least 3/4 of the way done by now, lol... 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys... Now that I Pre-Ordered that AoT Ultimate Fan Edition... I fell for something else...

My first Statue ever...

Couldn't pass on it... Only 188 gona be made... :x:x

I hid the pics for those that haven't watched the series... (But man... Why wouldn't you??... haha)

Spoiler

1_258a903b-802e-4439-bd01-ed52dc685224_1 3_3df69ed0-3591-4279-999a-ea39002321ff_1

4_046295a1-09a2-4bb0-bdee-4018c16760d0_1 5_d97cf675-c491-46ab-84e0-bda90128aa46_1

8_972d93d0-8e2e-4250-96a3-4cec05242e82_1 9_8c735d9b-e315-48db-b737-ba25c9df80a0_1

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★

Wow @LeGonze that statue looks great and very bloody 😅. Nice choice for your first statue.

I have still to watch Vinland Saga S1 (but I will start soon, a spot is opening up in a few weeks 🙂). Anyway if S1 Animation are great a change might not be that good. I like to have consitancy on a Series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Wow @LeGonze that statue looks great and very bloody 😅. Nice choice for your first statue.

Thanks Sensei!!…

It will be my first, and maybe my only… 😅😅🤣🤣 I can’t afford another Collectable hobby. And that’s the main reason why I haven’t bought any figure before… 🤓🤓

But I just saw this one and got super impressed… It looks amazing to me… Then I checked the price and was waaaay better than what I thought… So I pulled the trigger… 😬😬

Ill have to wait to receive it tho… Estimated Release Date: Q4 22 - Q1 23. 😅😅

• Like 3