IGNORED

Manta Lab MANTA LAB Exclusive Masterlist (including Manta CP & Manta Global)

extantsrevenge

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Theyll make just as much if not more from new movies and marvel is making them quickly enough to keep them busy, so again, no reason to assume theyll go backwards

I hope youโ€™re right, but weโ€™ll see. ย I canโ€™t imagine the premium market for The Eternals will be any more robust than the regular one. ย That would definitely be the only premium I would never open.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, maxpower1999 said:

I hope youโ€™re right, but weโ€™ll see. ย I canโ€™t imagine the premium market for The Eternals will be any more robust than the regular one. ย That would definitely be the only premium I would never open.

Can we just Thanos snap that movie and pretended it never happen?

ย 

Avengers Infinity War GIF

• Haha 2

What was wrong with Eternals?ย ๐Ÿคฃ I'll be honest and say the only attention gave to that movie was Gemma Chan and if I had known it was a MCU title before I started it... I wouldn't have started it.

ย 

22 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I thought you were taking the piss

ย 

WHAT?! I would never! ๐Ÿ˜‡

ย 

8 hours ago, AlexanderTheMan said:

but I think itโ€™s a bit alarmist to suggest theyโ€™d shelve their other partnerships/lines/releases.

Maybe, but Manta would have to seriously up their output/production numbers for any given year to do both, even if they wouldn't redo catalogue MCU titles there are how many MCU titles a year? 4-6?

ย 

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

I completely forgot about the Fox titles.

Have a look-see over at wikipedia for a list of Disney owned titles.

C'mon Manta, Pirates of the Caribbeanย  and Pixar titles! Come out the door swinging with massive non-MCU hits ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Haha 3

Awards

50 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

What was wrong with Eternals?ย ๐Ÿคฃ I'll be honest and say the only attention gave to that movie was Gemma Chan and if I had known it was a MCU title before I started it... I wouldn't have started it.

She was better in Captain Marvel as the right hand of the bad guy whose name I canโ€™t remember. ย I think the problem with Eternals was trying to stuff 10-12 brand new characters into one movie and expecting people to care about any of them with such limited development. ย The best part of that movie was the voice cameo of Mahershala Ali in the post credits scene.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

ย 

Here's what we're going to do, kompis.ย 

ย 

We're going to create our own label and call it Swedish House Media.

ย 

And under it, we're going to once and for all release The Rock in all its premium, prom-queen glory.

I got you now baby!

We gotta talk about the name though, I will not have my name sullied by any association with THAT country to my East ๐Ÿคฃ
ย 

ย 

33 minutes ago, maxpower1999 said:

She was better in Captain Marvel as the right hand of the bad guy whose name I canโ€™t remember. ย I think the problem with Eternals was trying to stuff 10-12 brand new characters into one movie and expecting people to care about any of them with such limited development. ย The best part of that movie was the voice cameo of in the post credits scene.

She was in Captain Marvel? I have no memory of this.
Well yeah, I can see how that might've been off putting for some people though it's just another ensemble movie if you ask me.

The Blade cameo of Mahershala Ali was awesome though, that is honestly pretty much the only MCU I'm looking forward to and subsequently care about! Purely based on the Wesley Snipes trilogy of course, I know nothing of Blade past that :D
ย 

• Haha 2

Awards

1 hour ago, maxpower1999 said:

She was better in Captain Marvel as the right hand of the bad guy whose name I canโ€™t remember. ย I think the problem with Eternals was trying to stuff 10-12 brand new characters into one movie and expecting people to care about any of them with such limited development. ย The best part of that movie was the voice cameo of Mahershala Ali in the post credits scene.

It should of been a Disney+ show to start with these brand new characters.ย 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Give me Star Wars 1-9, RO, and Solo. Please and thank you.

ย 

star-wars.gif

I have to say I agree with this request. I wouldnโ€™t even mind the same art as the latest 4K WWA line (with updated art for Ep 5, of course) but with Manta quality treatment for the steels.ย 

Edited by Erica F
  • Like 3

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
9 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

Does that mean Manta lost the Disney license already.ย  Boy that went quick.ย ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

ย 

Vanish Stock Market GIF by Travis

Might have been prematurely leaked. ย If the deal isnโ€™t quite done yet they could have removed the post made by a trigger happy social media employee while they finalize the deal. ย 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Erica F said:

I have to say I agree with this request. I wouldnโ€™t even mind the same art as the latest 4K WWA line (with updated art for Ep 2, of course) but with Manta quality treatment for the steels.ย 

Did you mean episode V instead?ย  You weren't a big fan of the floating Darth head that Disney used on the steelbook, instead of the artwork that everyone wanted.ย  I suppose you also weren't a fan of the complementary scratches on each of the first round of steelbooks either.ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

If Manta releases Star Wars premiums sign me up!Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, maxpower1999 said:

Gemma Chan was Minn Erva in Capt. Marvel. Agree that Movie wasnโ€™t great.

ย 

As for Eternals, it wasnโ€™t 10-12 new characters, it was 10 Original characters from the 70โ€™s. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคญ This movie was destined for bad reviews after Infinity War & End Game because people werenโ€™t invested in it. But if you watch it without over thinking all that had gone before, then itโ€™s not a bad movie at all. Itโ€™s just not following the trend of its predecessors (IMO). Much like the first Thor before this, itโ€™s setting a back drop before the masses that have bad mouthed it wind up loving the story arc and characters in it. Againโ€ฆ IMO. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

ย 

ย 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

Gemma Chan was Minn Erva in Capt. Marvel. Agree that Movie wasnโ€™t great.

ย 

As for Eternals, it wasnโ€™t 10-12 new characters, it was 10 Original characters from the 70โ€™s. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคญ This movie was destined for bad reviews after Infinity War & End Game because people werenโ€™t invested in it. But if you watch it without over thinking all that had gone before, then itโ€™s not a bad movie at all. Itโ€™s just not following the trend of its predecessors (IMO). Much like the first Thor before this, itโ€™s setting a back drop before the masses that have bad mouthed it wind up loving the story arc and characters in it. Againโ€ฆ IMO. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

ย 

ย 

I respect the opinion. ย For me though, having to watch an MCU movie without thinking of previous entries for it to be โ€œnot badโ€ is like having to load your beer with citrus and salt for it to be drinkable. ย Weโ€™ll see if it does get another standalone or those characters just end up inserted into other movies or shows. ย But no doubt it will get a Manta premium which will probably look inversely proportional to the watchability of the movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boilersteel said:

Did you mean episode V instead?ย  You weren't a big fan of the floating Darth head that Disney used on the steelbook, instead of the artwork that everyone wanted.ย  I suppose you also weren't a fan of the complementary scratches on each of the first round of steelbooks either.ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

If Manta releases Star Wars premiums sign me up!Yes Please GIF by MOODMAN

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Ah yes. My brain is finally turning into mush on my Friday (10 hour shifts) after a stressful week. Yes, Episode 5, I corrected my original post. Somehow my brain thought it was okay to say two because itโ€™s the second release of the OT. Is it time to go home and sleep yet?ย 
ย 

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

• Haha 1