IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

vor 5 Stunden schrieb extantsrevenge:

@Blu Magic Ray

giphy-downsized-large.gif😜

The Hateful Eight is 168 Minutes, The Roadshow Version is 187, but that is not on the Disc, please explain 😅, or could you provide 1 more Movie over 3 hours, because this will be your 25th point and I want to give you the second award without any doubt in mind 🙏

Oh, that was a mistake on my part...

Then I'm also submitting Zack Snyder's "Justice League" here ... 242 MINUTEN !!

image.thumb.jpeg.2ae8b1b52e26a5b2e1056445a629f14f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eae6856bd7078e6f9740651906293578.jpeg

• Like 11

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Challenge #34

thank you for this new challenge @jwhitm3

here is a selection of

The island

Back To The Future

Edge of Tomorrow,

the film I want to see come true would be a film with a trip to the past at several times and to begin with, prehistory  with our ancestors, travel to the times of ancient Egypt and finally say hello to the Sun King 😄

20230523_172840.jpg

• Like 13

5 hours ago, jwhitm3 said:

@extantsrevenge oh I forgot to post @TechSpec924 got it with demolition man!!  Love that movie!  Only reason I didn't use it is cause I don't own but only cause I'm hoping for a special edition.

p.s.  I can't add any GIFs cause none are loading when I hit the GIF button.  Anyone else having this problem?

Glad to be of service! Demolition Man is definitely one of my favorite Sly movies as well. And I was also dumbfounded why GIFs suddenly stopped working for me as well. Thought it was just me.

I was actually afraid to use this movie because so little of it takes place in 1996, but I saw some other "partially takes place in..." films, so I figured WTH lol. I was going to use it anyway because when I first began collecting films for this challenge, I misunderstood it to mean films which take place in the future beyond this year (2023). And I actually don't have any more films I could have used except possibly BTTF, which I was trying NOT to use because I figured everybody would be.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TechSpec924 said:

Glad to be of service! Demolition Man is definitely one of my favorite Sly movies as well. And I was also dumbfounded why GIFs suddenly stopped working for me as well. Thought it was just me.

I was actually afraid to use this movie because so little of it takes place in 1996, but I saw some other "partially takes place in..." films, so I figured WTH lol. I was going to use it anyway because when I first began collecting films for this challenge, I misunderstood it to mean films which take place in the future beyond this year (2023). And I actually don't have any more films I could have used except possibly BTTF, which I was trying NOT to use because I figured everybody would be.

I think it's perfectly acceptable especially since the beginning was only 3 years into the future from when it was made and it was an utter hell scape.  Bold choice for a movie

• Like 6

@extantsrevenge @jwhitm3

Here are my choices for you approval

PXL_20230527_102449525_MP.thumb.jpg.4178ddc99a5d7be395c73bbfcc7b2c47.jpg

Predator 2  Made =1990 Set = 1997

Danny Glover much under rated as an actor absolutely nailing his footing as a Action super star .

Bill Paxton meating his end at the hands of a Pred . Making him one of the few managing the Holy Trinity of his characters demise at the hands of 3 of the GREATEST franchises ever.

Terminator = Street Thug

Aliens = Hudson

Predator 2 =

Strange Days Made = 1995 Set NYE = 1999

Ralph Fines and Angela Bassett kicking arse on New Year's Eve of 99.

Split Second Made =1992 Set 2008

Rutger at his total best 

Now he lives on anxiety, coffee and chocolate. If you ask me, he's nuts. That's what the doctors say.

Then then not being granted a licence for a Grande launcher 

Special Mention Sorry can not not leave this one out 

Time After Time Made = 1979 Set = 1979

The much missed exceptional talent of David Warner. If you haven't seen it give it a go an interesting and engaging take on Hubert G Wells The Time Machine and Jack The Ripper .

• Like 14

49 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

@extantsrevenge @jwhitm3

Here are my choices for you approval

PXL_20230527_102449525_MP.thumb.jpg.4178ddc99a5d7be395c73bbfcc7b2c47.jpg

Predator 2  Made =1990 Set = 1997

Danny Glover much under rated as an actor absolutely nailing his footing as a Action super star .

Bill Paxton meating his end at the hands of a Pred . Making him one of the few managing the Holy Trinity of his characters demise at the hands of 3 of the GREATEST franchises ever.

Terminator = Street Thug

Aliens = Hudson

Predator 2 =

Strange Days Made = 1995 Set NYE = 1999

Ralph Fines and Angela Bassett kicking arse on New Year's Eve of 99.

Split Second Made =1992 Set 2008

Rutger at his total best 

Now he lives on anxiety, coffee and chocolate. If you ask me, he's nuts. That's what the doctors say.

Then then not being granted a licence for a Grande launcher 

Special Mention Sorry can not not leave this one out 

Time After Time Made = 1979 Set = 1979

The much missed exceptional talent of David Warner. If you haven't seen it give it a go an interesting and engaging take on Hubert G Wells The Time Machine and Jack The Ripper .

If you are trying to get a gold star from teacher......

Then you have completely succeeded.

Excellent choices.  Though I've never seen time after time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jwhitm3 said:

If you are trying to get a gold star from teacher......

Then you have completely succeeded.

Excellent choices.  Though I've never seen time after time.

Time After Time is now a little well lot dated I have to admit.

Give it a go it's not one of those that it's time you are never going to get back . 

More I'll just pop that on 

https://giphy.com/gifs/warnerarchive-sci-fi-warner-archive-l0HlDGXhau0T8U3W8

• Like 5

Week 34!

Future is prologue... or something like that!

Stuff like "2001" and "Blade Runner" are played out, so I'm going with movies that apparently took place in futures that are now past.

IMG_20230527_195437.thumb.jpg.d853a33ab19f63c07a2c29fd6918a500.jpg

"A Clockwork Orange" (1971) - After the 1980s (Unless in this alternate timeline, a Durango 1895 looked that boss)

"Mr. Nobody" (2009) - I reckon somewhere in Nemo's middle age was somewhere during or after the 2010s

"War for the Planet of the Apes" (2017) - Someone did the math... It's 2023! So if you see a talking ape packing military-grade firearms, resist your instincts and run away!

As for my favorite accurate prediction, as a journalist, I have to say Sidney Lumet's "Network" nailed infotainment. I'm mad as hell about it, of course, but wow! Nailed it!

• Like 12

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

the-mandalorian-mandalorian.gif

is everyone already on summer break?

Nice submissions @CAYENNE-FAHRER @bilbon @Scary Hair very original entry 👍, you too @camwjohn95

@Blu Magic Ray thank you for providing the extra edition to complete challenge 33 and with that come your 2nd Award

MPChallenge2.png.fbf8600a842a2641ced2e693ceecbcdf.png

Now the question is, who could take on challenge 35 later today?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@R1s1ngs0n

giphy.gif

Be sure to check back and in the meantime submit for our awesome challenge 33 😀

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

CHALLENGE 35 - "FAMILY BUSINESS"

Post 5 editions of movies that star two (or more) members of the same family.

Besides acting partnerships I also accept filmmakers directing a family member (note: directing duos like the Coen brothers and the Wachowskis count as one family member).

The following family relationships are accepted:

Grandparents-parents-children-grandchildren.

Brothers-sisters.

Uncles-aunts-nephews-nieces-cousins.

Married couples (can be either before, during or after the film’s shooting, so divorced couples like Pitt-Jolie count as well).

In-laws and unmarried couples do not count.

An actor/filmmaker can appear in more than one movie as long as the other family member is a different person (ie. Francis Ford Coppola and daughter Sofia in Godfather III, plus Francis and sister Talia Shire in any of the other Godfather films).

And finally, name your favorite off-screen/on-screen couple.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Great challenge, Eli @R1s1ngs0n

So here are my choices for #35, Family Business:

Spouses:

Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany in Creation:

image.thumb.jpeg.c4df27bcc388cbb5ad84152ade21caa8.jpeg

Father & Son:

Martin & Charlie Sheen in Wall Street:

image.thumb.jpeg.27d823710379a83922e6fd32e90f2ac7.jpeg

Father & Daughter:

Ryan & Tatum O´Neal in Paper Moon:

image.thumb.jpeg.d9fff17653c99d21320c413491025662.jpeg

Sister & Brother:

Maggie & Jake Gyllenhaal in Donnie Darko:

image.thumb.jpeg.2e5f64252e46d4f996037b8a49f506af.jpeg

Brothers:

Sean & Chris Penn in At Close Range:

image.thumb.jpeg.e59ac6d7424d56c594903272a82a3585.jpeg

My favorite On & Off-Screen Couple is hands down:

image.thumb.jpeg.bab871670136fc07de00733fc20c1d2a.jpeg

• Like 17

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

Thank you for this interesting new challenge @R1s1ngs0n

Here is my selection

- The Place Beyond the Pines: Ryan Gosling plays together with his future wife Eva Mendes.

- Green Lantern: Ryan Reynolds plays together with Blake Lively, they marry a bit later and have now 4 children, looks like it was the only good thing that came out of this trainwreck of a movie.

- Big Fish: Tim Burton directs Helena Bonham Carter in this and other movies. I did include this as I was sure they had been married, but it looks like they never did and also recently split which Helena calls a divorce, also they have two children together, so I'm sticking with ths choice, if it is not good let me know.

- Underworld: Len Wiseman directs his future wife Kate Beckinsale, they are divorced since 2019 😅.

- Resident Evil: the Final Chapter: Paul W.S. Anderson directs his wife Milla Jovovich again (they made 7 movies together).

Challenge35.thumb.JPG.7144029bc7b100d46f1665746addccd5.JPG

As for my favorite off-screen/on-screen couple, that is difficult, I'm not following the stars so closely anymore. Back when Jennifer Garner came together with Ben Affleck after Daredevil and they married and got children, I thought "Damn Affleck is one lucky guy", but sadly he is just a stupid idiot as it turns out. Lost a lot of respect for him.

I think Rynolds and Lively are a great couple but the on-screen romance in Green Lantern surely is not a favorite of mine.

Michael Fassbender hit the jackpot with Alicia Vikander, but I'm more jealous here 🤣.

I think Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher belong together, so that had a happy ending. And The Americans stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys also are great together.

• Like 17

¡Somos familia! Any fans of Blood in, Blood Out may recognize my quite about family! Anyway, here are my choices:

Zoolander: Ben and Jerry Stiller; Ben Stiller's wife was in it, too!

Royal Tenenbaums: Luke and Owen Wilson together

Donnie Darko: been listed, but a favorite, Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal

A Quiet Place: spouses John Krasinski and Emily Blunt

And, I Am Legend: father/daughter Will and Willow Smith!

IMG_2922.thumb.jpeg.d18b6c7ba51c6d9e331024d8fea8cdc0.jpeg

Best couple for me would have to be the one I listed: John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. Thanks for looking!

• Like 16

CHALLENGE 35

IMG_3416.thumb.jpg.c5378cbd63b55264bddef75da6a5a788.jpg

1. The Giver (Alexander Jillings, James Jillings)

2. Paterson (Trev Parham, Troy T. Parham)

3. Groundhog Day (Bill Murray, Brian Doyle-Murray)

4. Star Wars: Revenge of the SIth (George Lucas, Katie Lucas, Jett Lucas)

5. The Fellowship of the Ring (Peter Jackson, Billy Jackson, Katie Jackson)

Favorite couple: I've always had a lot of respect for Denzel and Pauletta Washington. Here's a recent profile of them that highlights some of what I love about them: https://meaww.com/denzel-washingtons-marriage-magic-loop-de-looping-through-lifes-ups-and-downs-with-his-awesome-wife

• Like 17

CHALLENGE 35

The Life And Death Of Colonel Blimp starring husband and wife Roger Livesey & Ursula Jeans

Monty Python And The Holy Grail starring husband and wife John Cleese & Connie Booth

The King Of Comedy starring husband and wife Robert De Niro & Diahnne Abbott

Miller’s Crossing directed by Joel Coen and featuring his wife Frances McDormand

Un Prophète starring husband and wife Tahar Rahim & Leila Bekhti

image.thumb.jpeg.6c76feb2f5f3a9e6ec52de2fff129792.jpeg

My favorite off-screen/on-screen couple are probably Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn, most notably in their last film together Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.

• Like 13

CHALLENGE 35 - "FAMILY BUSINESS"  Thank you @R1s1ngs0n

1. Her: Joaquin Phoenix and his wife Rooney Mara

2. Good Will Hunting: Ben Affleck and his brother Casey Affleck

3. Fargo: director Joel Coen and his wife Frances McDormand

4. The Godfather Part III: director Francis Ford Coppola and his daughter Sofia Coppola

5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: Brad Pitt and his daughter Shiloh Jolie-Pitt

Challenge35.thumb.jpg.e9fd17eb25eff87142d2166c5fad23c2.jpg

Favourite off-screen/on-screen couple: Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara

• Like 13

Awards

🧋🤠 🎬 thank you @R1s1ngs0n for this challenge! :)

CHALLENGE 35 - "FAMILY BUSINESS"

Psycho - Caroline, Marion’s co-worker in Psycho (1960), is played by Patricia Hitchcock, the director Alfred’s daughter.

Iron Man 2 -   Director Jon Favreau's son, Max, played the little kid in the Iron Man mask in Iron Man 2. The character was later revealed to be a young Peter Parker.

Avengers Endgame - The girl who played Clint's daughter Lila in the opening scene of Avengers: Endgame was director Joe Russo's daughter Ava.

Home Alone 2 - Chris Columbus, who directed the first two Harry Potter films, used his daughter in his film Home Alone 2.

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith - George Lucas's son, Jett, played a pretty badass Padawan  in Revenge of the Sith.

FA6DFA61-F1E3-49FB-B9EE-C29570FDC60A.thumb.jpeg.f33cf90036bc3f69e5edbedacc9f7409.jpeg

One of my fav off-screen/on-screen couple is Tyrone Power and Loretta Young❣️

image.jpeg.fc4ff2ddc8a88c03bfc8e7bc1f533cdd.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 12

• ★ Administrators ★

CHALLENGE 35 - Family Business

1 - All The Colors of the Dark - Edwige Fenech (star).  Luciano Martini (Producer) - married.

2 - Trauma - Dario Argento (Director)/Asia Argento (star) - father/daughter.

3 -Evil Dead - Sam Raimi (dir)/Ivan Raimi (cast)/Ted Raimi (cast) - brothers

4 - Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom - Steven Spielberg (dir)/Kate Capshaw (star) - future married

5 - Dressed To Kill - Brian DePalma (dir)/Nancy Allen (Star) - married

Martino and Fenech are my favorite creator/star combo simply due to the number of classics they did together.  

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.3fb877103b5a1f0c9bae1799950c4dbc.jpeg

• Like 14

Challenge 34 - DAYS OF FUTURE PAST!!?

Thanks to @jwhitm3 for this challenge. It’s always fun when you’re watching a movie that at the time was set in the future but it’s now the past.

1. X-men Days of Future Past - Starting off with the titular title, filmed in 2024 and taking place now in 2023.

2. Riki Oh - filmed 1991 and taking place in 2001.

3. Predator 2 - filmed in 1990 and taking place in 1997. The future depicted, excessively hot due to “global warming” and outlandishly violent and pervasive gang violence, seemed almost like a sure-bet at the time. 

For the tech, there’s plenty that I would want but as I just picked up my Hot Toys Delorean from BTTF 2, let’s just say that!

IMG_1208.thumb.jpeg.6f7a98c3f540520698aa499c35462b0c.jpeg

IMG_1207.thumb.jpeg.1cbd6e91bd3978f6a564bfed47473085.jpeg

• Like 16

Media Psychos Weekly Challenge #34-  “…Days of Future Past  ……..”. ….

Thanks to @jwhitm3 for this week’s timely challenge… movies set in the future which has now become the past …so many titles to choose from , so with this week’s challenge … here are my choices….

1. Absolutely no apologies for choosing this one .. Bladerunner… released in 1982 and set in 2019.  …Perhaps realizing that we would not have lifelike, sentient robot "replicants" by the year 2019, "Blade Runner" actually got a sequel in 2017 that kicked things forward to 2049IMG_4409.thumb.jpeg.dc21fc34b22d9dc75d30da06440d22fe.jpeg
  2. Escape from New York - released in 1981 set  in 1997 John Carpenter's "Escape From New York" imagined that all of Manhattan has been turned into a giant, maximum-security prison to manage violence and crime run amok -- and that we'd realize this future by 1997.IMG_4408.thumb.jpeg.b7cdfda2ab12bbc272913cdf41939026.jpeg
  3. Terminator 2 - Judgement Day - released in 1991 set in 1995 ….The events of "Terminator 2" are set in 1995 with the expectation that Judgment Day and a nuclear apocalypse triggered by sentient machines was right around the corner in August 1997.IMG_4411.thumb.jpeg.e2eef177c5a69f5d5358fa3c1211e3f4.jpeg

IMG_4420.thumb.jpeg.bbd1fc87d24fa2e9d7f29a0b717ef555.jpeg

The tech I would like to see realised is Definitely flying cars like the spinner from Bladerunner …😃 

Edited by ukade2327
  • Like 16

CHALLENGE 35 - FAMILY BUSINESS

Thank you @R1s1ngs0n!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Ralph Fiennes & Hero Fiennes Tiffen (uncle, nephew). Hero played childhood Tom Riddle aka Voldemort in flashbacks.

Home Alone - Macaulay Culkin & Kieran Culkin (brothers). Kieran played Fuller, the bedwetter.

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - Angelina Jolie & Jon Voight (father, daughter).

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Carrie Fisher & Billie Lourd (mother, daughter).

Zoolander - Jerry Stiller & Ben Stiller (father, son).

20230528_143244.thumb.jpg.e6e07e958f71a3b8e35ea4430d908890.jpg

One of my favorite couples is Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis. I grew up with That 70's Show and really came to love both of these actors. Ashton will forever be immortalized in my book as Michael Kelso; no matter how many serious roles he tries to do, I can never take him seriously. And I love most everything Mila has done, not to mention that she's damn fine lol.

• Like 12