• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got this pair of steelbooks from Zavvi today. The Thor: Ragnarok 3D Edition and Big Trouble in Little China. I'm disappointed the Thor isn't as nice as the pictures I saw for the Best Buy one, so I guess I'll be switching this one out next week. I'll get a cheap 3D disc later, if not just be happy with multiple Blufans. ? I got Big Trouble mostly just to not be shown up by @xSNAKExPLISSKENx.

Thor: Ragnarok - Zavvi 3D Steelbook - Front - Media PsychosThor: Ragnarok - Zavvi 3D Steelbook - Back - Media Psychos
Thor: Ragnarok - Zavvi 3D Steelbook - Spine - Media Psychos

Big Trouble in Little China - Arrow Films Steelbook - Front (Sealed) - Media PsychosBig Trouble in Little China - Arrow Films Steelbook - Back (Sealed) - Media Psychos
Big Trouble in Little China - Arrow Films Steelbook - Front (Open) - Media PsychosBig Trouble in Little China - Arrow Films Steelbook - Back (Open) - Media Psychos
Big Trouble in Little China - Arrow Films Steelbook - Inside (Contents) - Media PsychosBig Trouble in Little China - Arrow Films Steelbook - Inside (Empty) - Media PsychosBig Trouble in Little China - Arrow Films Steelbook - Spine - Media Psychos

3 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

@45Caliber always gotta grab that 1up haha. I'm waiting for my second copy to show up, the one today came what looks like scratch and dents free, however the glue job on the spine is a little off, yours seems that way maybe too. 

I didn't actually inspect it that closely. I was just happy there weren't obvious dents or scratches because I didn't opt for the backup. Now that I look at it though, you're right. Since we both have it, I'm not sure another copy would help. More like a heat gun and razor.

1 minute ago, 45Caliber said:

I didn't actually inspect it that closely. I was just happy there weren't obvious dents or scratches because I didn't opt for the backup. Now that I look at it though, you're right. I'm not sure another copy would help. More like a heat gun and razor.

You are likely right, but I ordered two because I was worried about dents and selling out so I might as well see. hopefully it shows up tomorrow

8 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

That 4 copies accounted for, not looking good. I've got a beat up steelbook or two I'll practice resetting the spines on. 1f600.png

I tried taking the spine off on a steelbook cause it faced the wrong way.  

Luckily it's a cheap one(MALL) and I totally trashed it.  

I think you have to start from one end and slide a blade under it as you go without pulling or bending the metal or it creases very easily.  

I'm not sure if they glued it on or if they used a very strong 2 sided transfer tape that we used to use in custom picture framing.  

6 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

Got this pair of steelbooks from Zavvi today. The Thor: Ragnarok 3D Edition and Big Trouble in Little China. I'm disappointed the Thor isn't as nice as the pictures I saw for the Best Buy one, so I guess I'll be switching this one out next week. I'll get a cheap 3D disc later, if not just be happy with multiple Blufans. ? I got Big Trouble mostly just to not be shown up by @xSNAKExPLISSKENx

Glad you both got BTILC :) and at cheap price compared to the original ;) 

I agree with you on the Thor..it's not good at all, not much thought gone into it, just seemed as though they couldn't care as long they were 1st off the bandwagon with a release imho

Got mine other day and I've sent it back as it was damaged too :(

5 hours ago, Rograt said:

I agree with you on the Thor..it's not good at all, not much thought gone into it, just seemed as though they couldn't care as long they were 1st off the bandwagon with a release imho

Got mine other day and I've sent it back as it was damaged too :(

The US one's at least glossed and debossed. I'll save the flat version to be hidden in an FAC slip. ?

FB_IMG_1519252982297.thumb.jpg.f4a9ea1a09b7d6b6b8b82c6499069612.jpg

7 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@Kingpin & @xSNAKExPLISSKENx Me too! And I said the same when I saw it, @Rograt! Really, I said, "Mine!"

I remember when I was a teen, and and had old school basic bitch cable. This used to play all the time on TNN I think and no matter what else was on usually and no matter what point it was in to movie I could do nothing but sit and finish it. Just to damn good.

Archived