• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ★ Administrators ★

@45Caliber oh i would be so mad i would go into BB and tell them you bought a NEW online and it came used and opened .  Let them just try to tell me i opened it and it is my fautlt and i cant return it... !!

Someone would either give me the money or a replacement!!  

But then again its only $10 LOL

@Masterblaster You know, I wasn't going to bother with it, but it's probably worth a call at least. They may give me a credit; if not, at least it will be reported that they shipped to me like that.

My feathers are still a little ruffled from having both copies of Ghost in the Shell I  preordered arrive with dents under the j-card and the same manufacturing defect (a small ding the front right edge on both copies). Interestingly, I saw one on the shelf in the store yesterday with the same ding so I'm guessing there was a bad batch sent to my area.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after getting this Email from Best Buy saying I wasn't going to receive my preorder of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2 SB I ordered 7 weeks ago…

IMG_0771.PNG

(sorry prematurely submitted when I put my phone down)

…I went online after midnight to do the early AM release day trick of ordering for in-store pickup. Titles that have been unavailable to order for weeks suddenly become available. Sure enough, they had it ready for me when I went to pick it up and the copy I opened was flawless (haven't been lucky with that lately). It seems they sent them all to the stores instead of fulfilling a lot of preorders. I finally got a shipping notice early this morning, but many others that preordered for shipping are still SOL. Anyways, here she is: 
@AU54

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

On 8/22/2017 at 11:19 AM, 45Caliber said:

(sorry prematurely submitted when I put my phone down)

…I went online after midnight to do the early AM release day trick of ordering for in-store pickup. Titles that have been unavailable to order for weeks suddenly become available. Sure enough, they had it ready for me when I went to pick it up and the copy I opened was flawless (haven't been lucky with that lately). It seems they sent them all to the stores instead of fulfilling a lot of preorders. I finally got a shipping notice early this morning, but many others that preordered for shipping are still SOL. Anyways, here she is: 
@AU54

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

I hate that they didn't ship your pre-order early, but I am glad that you found one in store. I noticed that my BB has them available for pickup now, but they didn't have that option a few days ago. I may go grab another one.

5 minutes ago, AU54 said:

I hate that they didn't ship your pre-order early, but I am glad that you found one in store. I noticed that my BB has them available for pickup now, but they didn't have that option a few days ago. I may go grab another one.

Watched it last night. It looks spectacular and that was a downscaled 4K. It may be the best looking disc I own now. Glad I was able to get it too!

2 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Watched it last night. It looks spectacular and that was a downscaled 4K. It may be the best looking disc I own now. Glad I was able to get it too!

I still haven't watched it. I guess I need to open my copy and go pick up a new one. lol

20 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

For my surprisingly growing Alien: Covenant collection. Got this today from a private seller at cost+fees after cancelling my preorder last minute and missing out. He even included a free SCF1!

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

Ordered and canceled this one. Nordic version. Seems pretty same.

On 8/18/2017 at 18:14, 45Caliber said:

I guess this thread actually belongs in the "Collectibles" section since I haven't received any GBs yet. Could @ukade2327 or @Scary Hair please help move it there?

So, I cancelled my Best Buy steel of this after joining the Manta GB. Still, couldn't resist the nice digibook at Target today!

IMG_0736.JPG

On 8/19/2017 at 06:39, nefilim said:

How is the book ?

So, I finally got around to opening this. The book's kind of cool, but very short. Of most interest are David's notes in it about his experiments, but apparently all this stuff is from a larger published work that is advertised at the end. I would say to go with that instead if interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Making-Alien-Covenant/dp/1785653814

At least between this and the Best Buy steel I got 2 digital copy codes for iTunes and Vudu. I hate when they make you choose like Fox does (here, at least).

Archived