IGNORED

Cine Museum The Thing (Cine Museum Art #03) (WWA 4K UHD + Blu-ray Steelbook) [Italy]

Caktus26

17 minutes ago, MadMatt86 said:

The slip looks damn good to me but I joined the CM Jaws group buy 14 months ago with no release date in sight…. So it’s gonna be a pass on this one 

I get that. Waiting sucks. I forget I’m on a few HD Zeta group buys then go “oh right! I already signed up for that!” Either way, I’d rather just secure a copy and possibly double dip with another retailer down the line, than risk not having one at all.

There’s a few movies I have double (or even triple+) dipped on. The Thing is definitely one of those movies for me. 

• Like 3

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, MadMatt86 said:

The slip looks damn good to me but I joined the CM Jaws group buy 14 months ago with no release date in sight…. So it’s gonna be a pass on this one 

Yup, signed up for Goonies a year ago, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood a year and 5-6 months ago and "It" Chapter 2, a year and 8 months ago.

Edited by mgurau
Fix a typo
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
22 minutes ago, mgurau said:

Yup, signed up for Goonies a year ago, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood a year and 5-6 months ago and "It" Chapter 2, a year and 8 months ago.

Pathetic.

I understand the disappointment but since MP doesn’t invoice until CM is almost done and ready to ship there really is no harm in signing up. I also think you need to remember that CM was basically shut down for the better part of the year due to Covid and is subject to the same problems as many other retailers right now (mainly getting discs into their countries). - Ken

p.s. I’m waiting even longer for editions from HDZeta, Blufans, and some others. 

• Like 5

😆😆….I really don’t understand some of you guys …. You moan and criticize when the same art is used all the time and you still moan when something new and refreshing comes along …🤷‍♂️…. I for one will be fully embracing this release … and will be adding it to the collection… the back art used is by an Italian artist Enzo Sciotti who sadly passed away a few years ago so it’s kind of a tribute to him that this art is chosen … say what you like at least CM bring something different to the  table …and don’t just go with the flow … this is probably what makes them so collectible… just look at the resale prices on the secondary market , and just you try getting hold of the lenticular version ….. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

say what you like at least CM bring something different to the  table …and don’t just go with the flow … this is probably what makes them so collectible…

They do, and hats off to them for that to be honest. That still don't excuse the use of 'bad' art to me, which of course is a subjective opinion. ;)  

I'll make an exception for their Gladiator release, I would not be entertained otherwise and Maximus would have my head.

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Awards

8 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

They do, and hats off to them for that to be honest. That still don't excuse the use of 'bad' art to me, which of course is a subjective opinion. ;)  

Its all personal opinion as with most things in life when buying something. As the saying goes one man's trash is another man's treasure.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

😆😆….I really don’t understand some of you guys …. You moan and criticize when the same art is used all the time and you still moan when something new and refreshing comes along …🤷‍♂️

I couldn't agree with you more. I've noticed this same thing. Personally I'll generally go for the unique/artist renditions for steelbooks instead of recycled movie posters and art. But I seem to often be in the minority for that. 

Also, I didn't know that about Enzo Sciotti. That makes this release more special. Thanks for sharing that.

• Like 6

On 10/22/2021 at 12:50 AM, deckard99 said:

I understand the disappointment but since MP doesn’t invoice until CM is almost done and ready to ship there really is no harm in signing up. I also think you need to remember that CM was basically shut down for the better part of the year due to Covid and is subject to the same problems as many other retailers right now (mainly getting discs into their countries). - Ken

p.s. I’m waiting even longer for editions from HDZeta, Blufans, and some others. 

Please stop defending them. You know as well as us that those delays with other retailers were not structural... ;) And covid is worldwide, not only in Italy

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, larson1977 said:

Please stop defending them. You know as well as us that those delays with other retailers were not structural... ;) And covid is worldwide, not only in Italy

Sorry, but I'm free to express my viewpoint just like any other member. I actually know a lot more than I'm allowed to say here, but in general some of the criticism has certainly been fair and some has not. My focus is the group buys we run here on MP, where I believe they run very smoothly. 

If you want to read non-stop slagging of CM there are other places for that 😉🤣 -Ken

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 6:50 PM, deckard99 said:

Yup. Who wouldve thought that CMA would match the speed of other retailers not by being faster but by other retailers being slow. Wheres FFH blufans, joker, BoP, ww84, zsjl, BvS hdzeta, les mis, fist of legend and like 4 others UHD club, scarface manta, etc

• Haha 2

The problem with CM is even before the pandemic they had super long delays…one of my direct orders took 15 months to arrive after payment was taken. Most had a poor opinion of them before the pandemic hit. To be fair Italy shut down 3 times in a year and a half. Had to be a nightmare trying to get all the components for a release. I have my last direct order from them (The Goonies Full slip B) on the way and will only purchase thru group buys from now on. I have right now 9 CM on order with group buys…will I live long enough to receive them all! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Awards

41 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Yup. Who wouldve thought that CMA would match the speed of other retailers not by being faster but by other retailers being slow. Wheres FFH blufans, joker, BoP, ww84, zsjl, BvS hdzeta, les mis, fist of legend and like 4 others UHD club, scarface manta, etc

I keep forgetting Scarface Manta is a thing. 😄

• Like 3

5 hours ago, deckard99 said:

Sorry, but I'm free to express my viewpoint just like any other member. I actually know a lot more than I'm allowed to say here, but in general some of the criticism has certainly been fair and some has not. My focus is the group buys we run here on MP, where I believe they run very smoothly. 

If you want to read non-stop slagging of CM there are other places for that 😉🤣 -Ken

Yeah right. You als approached me by pm to share your commercial view on CM. You have that right indeed.... But we were not disputing the GB's run here, they are top notch ;)

• Caktus26 changed the title to The Thing (Cine Museum Art #03) (WWA 4K UHD + Blu-ray Steelbook) [Italy]
  • 5 weeks later...