IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks;

For those Canucks that were too pre-occupied to get a chance to see/hear the game, The Winnipeg Blue Bombers won the Grey Cup over Hamilton Tiger-Cats;

33-25

It was an EXCELLENT game and very close, going into an overtime session, as it was tied at close of the 4th quarter.

I see there's already a few YouTube exhibits of the final so check it out!

I and some friends caught the game on a lovely big screen at The Legion, with cool prizes and yummy food provided.

Cheers Mates!  🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
Masculine MONDAY

Spoiler

Z8um1by.jpg

4CAfaLq.jpg

aOAJR6m.jpg

Dw0bTLL.jpg

mo7klLE.jpg

6hS0jCa.jpg

fFmIPsQ.jpg

3g0PvuV.jpg

pYOoXmn.jpg

dSVOGYZ.jpg

SDoNtPN.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for your whole week. See yourself getting stronger, & living a fulfilling, happier & healthier life.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Veum said:
Emily Barker
Emily Barker & Lukas Drinkwater

As you probably know by now, I'm back in Australia.

As part of the journey, Lukas and I had to quarantine in a hotel in Perth for two weeks. We thought a good way to kill the hours would be to set ourselves a goal, so Lukas suggested recording an album. We settled on the idea of recording an album of Australian covers. More on that later, but today we're releasing the first of those recordings: our version of Paul Kelly's 'Sleep, Australia, Sleep'.

Like most Australians, I’m a fan of Paul Kelly. I think of him as the Bob Dylan of Australia: a brilliant storyteller who never shies away from tackling the pertinent and sensitive issues of our times. He’s consistently uplifted burgeoning Australian songwriters such as a young Archie Roach back in the 80s and, more recently, Jess Hitchcock. In ‘Sleep, Australia, Sleep’ - released as a standalone single in 2020 - Kelly attacks the complacency held by corporations, government, and people in positions of power, with their stuck and endangering attitudes towards the climate crisis. The song is also an elegy to our precious native animals and plants: Australia has one of the highest rates of extinction in the entire world.

When it came to recording our version, I began by playing and singing it on acoustic guitar. In this stripped-back style, we realised just how devastatingly sad the lyrics are - something which is perhaps a little hidden in Kelly’s sardonic delivery and the waltzy, more uptempo production of the original. We initially intended to add double bass and lots of harmonies but realised this stark, unadorned version delivered the message with clarity.

Sleep, Australia, Sleep by Emily Barker

I know you're not in Australia, but please let all your Aussie mates know that we've just added an in-store appearance at Brisbane's Sonic Sherpa in the afternoon before our show at Can You Keep a Secret? and we'll also be appearing at Tamworth on the Toyota Fan Zone Stage on 20th Jan.

All the tour dates they'd need are here:

9 Jan (2pm): Sonic Sherpa instore, BRISBANE, QLD
9 Jan: Can you keep a secret? BRISBANE, QLD

14 Jan: Wooloweyah Hall WOOLOWEYAH, NSW
15 Jan: Valla Town Hall VALLA, NSW
16 Jan: 5 Church Street BELLINGEN, NSW
20 Jan: Toyota Fan Zone Stage, Tamworth Country Music Festival, NSW
23 Jan: Django Bar SYDNEY, NSW
27 Jan: Smith's Alternative CANBERRA, ACT
29 Jan: Vine Hotel WANGARATTA, VIC
30 Jan: The Macedon Hotel MACEDON, VIC

3 Feb: Archie's Creek Hotel ARCHIE'S CREEK, VIC
4 Feb: Music on the Hill RED HILL , VIC
5 Feb: George Lane ST. KILDA, MELBOURNE, VIC
9 Feb: The Wheatsheaf ADELAIDE, SA

4-7 Mar: Nannup Music Festival NANNUP, WA
11-14 Mar: Port Fairy Folk Festival PORT FAIRY, VIC

Hope to see you on the road!

Emily x

I'll meet you Australia brother.. 

Sh*t I

I'm at a party with the wifey I think I'm still in America but sh*t

@Basil

I think I'm in the UK

Naw I'm good

@CAYENNE-FAHRER

I might be in Germany

No I'm good

I'm just married in the USA 

@Veum

Role Playing Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Edited by ShadowWarrior
  • Haha 3

📺 just watching the footage of the tornadoes  🌪 damages and the emotional turmoil of the people that lost their loved ones and/or homes is so sad and upsetting for me. 😢 

Especially in the city/state of Mayfield, KY, seeing families going through their destroyed belongings looking for pictures of their family/loved ones is heartbreaking 💔 😢  

Please pray 🙏 for all the people that are affected from these awful disasters❣️

Edited by Veum
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Veum said:

📺 just watching the footage of the tornadoes  🌪 damages and the emotional turmoil of the people that lost their loved ones and/or homes is so sad and upsetting for me. 😢 

Especially in the city/state of Mayfield, KY, seeing families going through their destroyed belongings looking for pictures of their family/loved ones is heartbreaking 💔 😢  

Please pray 🙏 for all the people that are affected from these awful disasters❣️

Those storms honestly scared the BeJesus outta me.. where I live in Tennessee, there was a confirmed tornado 3 miles south of me, and another confirmed 1-2 miles north of me. Yeah... I was scared shitless....

al roker pooped my pants GIF

• Haha 2

On 12/11/2021 at 2:34 AM, Basil said:

good morning all gotten quiet in here this week 😒

Hood Goodbye GIF by HollyoaksDisappear Cate Blanchett GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

Sad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Where Are You Panda GIF

where are you? @Scary Hair @RileyLad @Robertm89 @Pbsw23 @Intentcoin @Caktus26 @RAK 

basil :D

Sorry @Basil with this Covid crap still going around, and no one wanting to work we have been shorthanded and I have been working 10-12 hrs/day 7 days a week. Thankfully I will get a little time off here soon around Christmas.

• Like 4