IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

7 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Yeah, it is. During the scene where...

Hide contents

Sator is abusing his wife before the truck chase takes place.

However, these cuts were also present in the theatrical showing in the UK, so it looks like it was simply carried over onto the 4K.

A few have also pointed out that there are certain cuts in the prologue on the 4K that are different from that shown in the theatrical presentation.

After watching a review, I’m a little reluctant on getting this because of the audio dialogue 😞 

• Like 1

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Veum said:

After watching a review, I’m a little reluctant on getting this because of the audio dialogue 😞 

It seems to have drawn a lot of mixed reception, but I'd the say there's a greater degree of audio clarity on the 4K/blu-ray disc.

They've cleaned up the background noises so that it's not as intrusive on the dialogue.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

It seems to have drawn a lot of mixed reception, but I'd the say there's a greater degree of audio clarity on the 4K/blu-ray disc.

They've cleaned up the background noises so that it's not as intrusive on the dialogue.

Yeah I’ll probably give it a go eventually, I’m sure. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

@Hollywood E Rock @Veum @Casiusco @LeGonze

So, someone made a trailer that turns "Tenet" into a 90s action buddy-cop thriller. xD

Interesting and fun.

I've been thinking for a long time that majors should take advantage of the big investments, and when they make such a big movie, with a big budget, make it two or three times at a time with different directors. In my opinion it would be a fantastic experiment.

Imagine "Tenet" in a triple release, Nolan's version, Jordan Peele's version, and David Lynch's version. 

And more, imagine one last Star Wars episode: the JJ Abrams version,  David Fincher version, and the Almodóvar version.

Or Parasites, with the Bong Joon-Ho version, the Michael Bay version, and the Paul Verhoeven version.

Even recently I read here or elsewhere that Fellini was offered to direct "Flash Gordon." It would have been so interesting to see what could have done...

PS: Watching the trailer, I have asked myself a question. If with "Mad Max Fury Road" was released a "Black & Chrome" version, will Warner release a "Tenet" version rewinding from the end of the film? Imagine it for a moment. Does this mean that there is a link between "Tenet" and Gaspar Noe's "Irreversible"? 

And as I saw on Twitter recently, is Spaceballs Dark Helmet the protagonist of the Tenet prequel?

spaceballs7.gif

PS: Whatever my admired Lynch says about creativity being best achieved from tranquility, nothing like a day of a lot of work, and a lot of stress, and pressure, so that the strangest -and creative- things emerge with each little break.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I've been thinking for a long time that majors should take advantage of the big investments, and when they make such a big movie, with a big budget, make it two or three times at a time with different directors. In my opinion it would be a fantastic experiment.

Imagine "Tenet" in a triple release, Nolan's version, Jordan Peele's version, and David Lynch's version. 

And more, imagine one last Star Wars episode: the JJ Abrams version,  David Fincher version, and the Almodóvar version.

Or Parasites, with the Bong Joon-Ho version, the Michael Bay version, and the Paul Verhoeven version.

I'd be the first person in line to see something like that.

I had a teacher in primary school who would make us do these creative writing exercises where one person would come up a story/premise and write the first third of it. They would then pass it onto a different person to write the middle third and then pass it on to another to write the third act.

It was a fun and interesting experiment, particularly when you got your story back after another two had continued it for you. 

I remember mine starting out with a wizard who enters a portal into another world and loses his wand along the way. He had 24 hours to recover it otherwise he would perish. That was the premise 9-year-old me started out with (and thought was really clever/cool at the time).

When I got my story back the wizard now had a sidekick in the form of a talking toilet (the person that wrote this segment was a fan of the Captain Underpants series of children's books) and both were now on some farm defending their property Home Alone-style after retrieving the wand in the third act. xD

Imagine what you could do with three majorly successful, talented, yet radically different directors backed by a big Hollywood budget.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I had a teacher in primary school who would make us do these creative writing exercises where one person would come up a story/premise and write the first third of it. They would then pass it onto a different person to write the middle third and then pass it on to another to write the third act.

It was a fun and interesting experiment, particularly when you got your story back after another two had continued it for you. 

I remember mine starting out with a wizard who enters a portal into another world and loses his wand along the way. He had 24 hours to recover it otherwise he would perish. That was the premise 9-year-old me started out with (and thought was really clever/cool at the time).

When I got my story back the wizard now had a sidekick in the form of a talking toilet (the person that wrote this segment was a fan of the Captain Underpants series of children's books) and both were now on some farm defending their property Home Alone-style after retrieving the wand in the third act. xD

Imagine what you could do with three majorly successful, talented, yet radically different directors backed by a big Hollywood budget.

Modern Family Cameron Tucker GIF

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Do you work at Disney or Lucasfilms?

Are you JJ Abrams or Rian Johnson? Maybe Kathleen Kennedy?

🙊

12 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

An interesting story. Although moving from one genre to another smoothly, and not out of tune, keeping the general pulse of the story, is very difficult; it's an art. This is why Parasites is so good.

Moving between various worlds and various types of history is really risky.

As about this wizard story, who knows. Maybe your life is a dream of him. 

:) 

PS: ¿A sidekick with form of a walking toilet? Did your parents know that you had those kinds of friends?

15 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

It would be interesting, and enriching, of course. In the past, it was easier to watch short story films in which several very important and famous directors contributed with one of them. But it's no longer done. Since "Eros", with Antonioni, Soderbergh and Wong Kar Wai, I don't remember another like it.

Still, putting different directors -but with talent- face to face, is always interesting and revealing. I have a collector's pack of famous auteur film directors where they exchange "video letters", sharing their reflections with each other. And those frictions, those shocks, they are very productive, creative sparks always escape.

Or remember "The Five Obstructions", by Lars Von Trier, when he forces Jorgen Leth to make different versions of his short film "The perfect human" (1967), making it increasingly difficult for him, and forcing him to be creative in the face of different conditions each time; more overwhelming or disparate.

Confronting two great talents, even if it's just putting their work one in front of the other, is always very suggestive. 

The images influence each other, they "resonate", Godard would say.

Think Avengers Endgame, Star Wars - The Rise of Skyalker; think about "Get out", "Green Book", "The lighthouse", "Alien Covenant", "Hot Fuzz", "The invisible man", or "Doctor Sleep", and how it could be released with 3 versions at the same time: the original version, one version made by an auteur or blockbuster director, and another by a completely different director. All with the same cast, the same script, and the same sets and special effects equipment.

I'm sure that in some cases the result would be horrible, but in others we would learn to see the flaws in movies that we love, and the good things from filmmakers that we hate. Our perspective would be much broader. And just as in some cases it would not improve anything, in others we would surely end up liking some of the alternative versions more than original.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Do you work at Disney or Lucasfilms?

Are you JJ Abrams or Rian Johnson? Maybe Kathleen Kennedy?

If I were, would you ever forgive me for the sequel trilogy? xD

An interesting story. Although moving from one genre to another smoothly, and not out of tune, keeping the general pulse of the story, is very difficult; it's an art. This is why Parasites is so good.

I think films like Jaws, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, and Aliens are some of the gold standards in storytelling that effortlessly balance, leap between and/or fuse different genres with ease. Even though it's too early to tell, I think "Tenet" may be on its way there.

As about this wizard story, who knows. Maybe your life is a dream of him. 

At 9 years old, I was certainly no Ingmar Bergman, but perhaps some of my dreams may have subconsciously influenced the ideas behind the story. xD

PS: ¿A sidekick with form of a walking toilet? Did your parents know that you had those kinds of friends?

I mean, I know some of my parents' friends and/or distant relatives who think COVID is some hoax/conspiracy. So, make of that what you will. 

I guess a friend obsessed with children's books that feature talking toilets isn't so bad in comparison. xD

Spoiler

9780590634274.jpg

Think Avengers Endgame, Star Wars - The Rise of Skyalker; think about "Get out", "Green Book", "The lighthouse", "Alien Covenant", "Hot Fuzz", "The invisible man", or "Doctor Sleep", and how it could be released with 3 versions at the same time: the original version, one version made by an auteur or blockbuster director, and another by a completely different director. All with the same cast, the same script, and the same sets and special effects equipment.

I'm sure that in some cases the result would be horrible, but in others we would learn to see the flaws in movies that we love, and the good things from filmmakers that we hate. Our perspective would be much broader. And just as in some cases it would not improve anything, in others we would surely end up liking some of the alternative versions more than original.

This is an interesting idea.

I guess the next best thing is having directors making films as reactions/responses to those made by other directors.

E.g. Tarkovsky's "Stalker" being made in response to Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey" after thinking it was too 'cold' and 'sterile', or Howard Hawks' "Rio Bravo" made in response to Fred Zinnemann's "High Noon" after being frustrated by the decisions the character played by Gary Cooper made throughout the film.

In essence, we can say "Stalker" is Tarkovsky's "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "Rio Bravo" is Hawks' "High Noon".

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

If I were, would you ever forgive me for the sequel trilogy? xD

I don't know, but I'm sure that they wrote it with the same process that you wrote your story in primary school.

;) 

3 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Reveal hidden contents

9780590634274.jpg

This is an interesting idea.

I guess the next best thing is having directors making films as reactions/responses to those made by other directors.

E.g. Tarkovsky's "Stalker" being made in response to Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey" after thinking it was too 'cold' and 'sterile', or Howard Hawks' "Rio Bravo" made in response to Fred Zinnemann's "High Noon" after being frustrated by the decisions the character played by Gary Cooper made throughout the film.

In essence, we can say "Stalker" is Tarkovsky's "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "Rio Bravo" is Hawks' "High Noon".

Maybe. And if you look deeper at this question, and you start to see/detect responses, influences and resonances of scenes of each film, and within the scenes, of its images, through the years,films, directors, countries, and cultures, as well their relationships, you will end up writing the "Histoire (s) du cinéma" by Godard. 

The worst thing about that is that if you stop to think about those influences, and the potential of some images, you will end up thinking that we are currently playing at making films using very few pieces, contrary to what is thought.

PS: My support for Tom Cruise. I like people that are committed. You shouldn't yell at work though. But he is absolutely right.

• Like 1

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

FIT FRIDAY 

Spoiler

F11ysWT.jpg

ZDmu5Tj.jpg

t2GVLpm.jpg

GCuE7Pq.jpg

Fe4XxPX.jpg

yMKtQCr.jpg

La8khHF.jpg

slqUVdd.jpg

A99hVT3.jpg

j3PzJoE.jpg

@Trianna @Scary Hair

Spoiler

phHnY3w.jpg

cJ75DXI.jpg

EEDeWzc.jpg

jy8aZ1z.jpg

I2dmqLM.jpg

z87wS9o.jpg

1dcgwQY.jpg

ehWajTm.jpg

vCAHs6C.jpg

M9lgBWF.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Today is the day to wash away all the stresses of the week! Here’s to everyone having  a Fantastic Friday!

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Basil said:

just got this from my cousin in singapore, british people might appreciate more xD 

on fb you need to turn sound on screen when opens up 👍

@RileyLad @Robertm89 @Pbsw23

https://fb.watch/2sxj0MksJM/

basil 👍

This was doing the rounds yesterday on Facebook and in group chats etc

Absolutely brilliant 👏🤣

Love it 👍😆

• Haha 1