IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

I've eaten some biscuits 💊...

And now I feel funny....

LUJSgwLy6o3wk.gif.e649088365fe7c1e7fc646dd93d92999.gif

Rooms gone a bit blurry and now the cats talking to me  ....

OhEWDytX1xcg8.gif.549ed5aeb4abe481e2e407f43dbc895c.gif

Did you sprinkle Blufans on these biscuits? One of the side effects of Blufans is being able to talk to animals. Legend has it that Dr. Dolittle stayed on Blufans which explains why he was able to communicate with all kinds of animals 🤣🤣😂🤣

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

You're actually not very far off. xD

There's actually a couple of theories behind the origin of the name, but this is the most well known:

Reveal hidden contents

The most famous story of how the club got the "Rabbitohs" nickname comes from their rugby union days at the turn of the 20th century.

During that period, players wearing their cardinal red and myrtle green football jumpers, earned some extra money on Saturday mornings by hawking rabbits around the district with the traditional cry of "Rabbitoh!" echoing through the narrow streets.

As they made a sale, they would sling the bunny from their shoulder and skin it on the spot, inevitably accumulating some of the fur and blood on their jerseys as they did so.

When they played in those blood stained jumpers that afternoon, opponents from wealthier rugby clubs did not always appreciate the aroma and would mockingly repeat the "Rabbitoh!" cry.

The funny thing is, I doubt many Aussies even know about the name's origin.

bloody hell i was having a joke about it all, did not realise was quite so literal.

i have to confess as an animal lover dont know if honestly like how that came about.

i get rabbiting goes on but this take is very different on how its would have gone down here in the uk.

i get many teams have different strange names and i do suspect as you say many australians dont have a clue about it.

but thanks for educating me.

basil 👍

• Haha 4

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Basil said:

bloody hell i was having a joke about it all, did not realise was quite so literal.

i have to confess as an animal lover dont know if honestly like how that came about.

i get rabbiting goes on but this take is very different on how its would have gone down here in the uk.

i get many teams have different strange names and i do suspect as you say many australians dont have a clue about it.

basil 👍

wild russia fox GIF by Head Like an Orange

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Evening all 

After much deliberation and consideration I have decided to dissolve some of my collection. Moving forward im going to mainly concentrate on Hdzeta and FAC. Buying from 6/7 different premium retailers is manageable but just not space giving and becoming expensive. I am going to be sensible moving forward and learn to say no to some things lol. Some of my editions will be going on ebay from different retailers and I haven't got time to list them all on classified on here too but if anyone knows of anything I have received that isn't hdzeta FAC or WEET we can talk. If it is allowed. 

Yours truly not as psycho as I thought Rob, but it was getting to the buying for buying sake point haha. 

🤣🤣🤣

finally nice to see you have decided to refine your tastes down to what you NEED as ann would say xD 

i did this few years ago makes it far more easier to get the quality stuff to fill those shelves.

and space as well.

think you just went up a level when you decided this, i know was best thing i did for me.

can keep those kidneys now 👍

MadExhaustedHornedviper-size_restricted.

giphy.gif

basil B|

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Evening all 

After much deliberation and consideration I have decided to dissolve some of my collection. Moving forward im going to mainly concentrate on Hdzeta and FAC. Buying from 6/7 different premium retailers is manageable but just not space giving and becoming expensive. I am going to be sensible moving forward and learn to say no to some things lol. Some of my editions will be going on ebay from different retailers and I haven't got time to list them all on classified on here too but if anyone knows of anything I have received that isn't hdzeta FAC or WEET we can talk. If it is allowed. 

Yours truly not as psycho as I thought Rob, but it was getting to the buying for buying sake point haha. 

🤣🤣🤣

It happens mate. Much like Basil, I did the same thing about 3 or 4 years ago. I’m even considering dialling it back even further given that FA seem hell bent on only selling to people who will blindly sign up for every edition. Once it becomes a gamble to get a sequel when you own the first one for example, it becomes a problem.

Meanwhile Blufans continue to announce a release, whip up a frenzy, and promptly change things up last minute after we’re all locked in. And why are we locked in? Because we know there won’t be any “spare” editions for anyone who wasn’t locked in. Sensibility needs to reign over addictive personality traits that drive those “Must have” thoughts. 

It’s a brutal hobby that is preyed upon by the rich trying to get richer. It still baffles me that people think they can extort so much money out of us real collectors. The joke is that there will be more Sealed Premium editions out there, than there are actual opened ones!! And that will be true of every single release by every retailer! Utterly Bonkers.

Anyway, Ranty rant over 😁 For me I am standing by the Korean releases as they are by far the best slips IMO, and of course Blufans Marvel WEAs (Though even they frustrate me). I’m Tempted to Vito FA completely. I am in for 2 or 3 current FA GBs but only made the reserve lists, and I have put an end to buying Digibooks too.

Stay Strong Bro.... Stay Strong 👊🏼😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Basil said:

basil 👍

No, I agree it's pretty messed up.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2017 at 9:59 AM, Scary Hair said:

@nefilim

I quite liked the original more Frank Langella than Dolph Lungran .

No where near as good as Beastmaster OR Sword And The Sorcerer ???

Guess what @Scary Hair me Luv, Vinegar Syndrome is just in the process of bringing to release;

The Beastmaster (VSU)

Link:

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/frontpage/products/beastmaster

I just ordered, together with their new T-Shirt ( for my Grand-daughter);

Fade to Black - Limited Edition Shirt (Gone after Sunday!)

😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Spoiler

D2AXdoi.jpg

UY84Eli.jpg

Vfq0DXs.jpg

gqgqFnc.jpg

leb8D6J.jpg

fc8p7Ry.jpg

V2VB3Bv.jpg

c9PRLUP.jpg

b0Ka8A7.jpg

Snr4pHc.jpg

aRZWKaH.jpg

LPHCA4q.jpg

kNksLxH.jpg

rCnRjXC.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are feeling well today! Here’s to everyone having a Soothing Sunday & a great start to the new week!

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Morning !

good morning GIF

And THANKS again to @Hollywood E Rock to bring me a "satisfying" sunday. 👍😎

Sundays are for gourmets...so I prefer a shorter but more delicate selection for me. *g*

Ok, here we go.

Spoiler

No1: she is so fresh, friendly and sympathic with her smile. And she reminds me a little bit of Mandy Capristo. Also a very beautiful lady. 🤩

UY84Eli.jpgmandy004.jpg.263d93f95f7dc4799fcb0a979e9b5119.jpg

No2: is again a "Miss Fluffy Hair". I like these kind of hair.😃

c9PRLUP.jpgit's so fluffy despicable me GIF

No3:  Again a Lady where you can say that a smile sometimes tells you much more than everything else. Very smpathic !!! 👍

b0Ka8A7.jpg

And...nearly on the podest of the Top3 is "MIss Mermaid" with her colorful hair. @Trianna What do you think ? Try colorful extensions ? 😉

But she has very mythic eyes. yeah...very cool ! She has these kind of eyes who tell you: "be careful...I can be a little devil..." me: "oh yes, please..." 😁

kNksLxH.jpg

Edited by raylight
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Good morning everybody.

I understand @Robertm89. I think that somehow, we all understand him, it only changes what one appreciates and our priorities..., but we have all seen ourselves in that doubt. And I'm aware that -obviously- some -many- of us have fewer collector's editions than the great collectors. Our small and big jewels, each one at its own level.

In my case, I have been slowly selling basic editions of interesting films, but not enough interesting to force me to space problems. And I have also sold some collector's edition, only a few. Because if we take the problem of what collector editions cost and occupy, and add what occupies all this cinema we are also passionate about... but will never have a collector's edition , this becomes a problem of both space and money.

In my case, I have gone from wanting to increase my collection, to wanting to improve it. No more, yes better.

But I have to admit that sometimes it is painful.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning everybody.

I understand @Robertm89. I think that somehow, we all understand him, it only changes what one appreciates and our priorities..., but we have all seen ourselves in that doubt. And I'm aware that -obviously- some -many- of us have fewer collector's editions than the great collectors. Our small and big jewels, each one at its own level.

In my case, I have been slowly selling basic editions of interesting films, but not enough interesting to force me to space problems. And I have also sold some collector's edition, only a few. Because if we take the problem of what collector editions cost and occupy, and add what occupies all this cinema we are also passionate about... but will never have a collector's edition , this becomes a problem of both space and money.

In my case, I have gone from wanting to increase my collection, to wanting to improve it. No more, yes better.

But I have to admit that sometimes it is painful.

When I first joined this community and saw people buying premium editions of films they'd either never seen, didn't like or thought were just 'ok', I kind of walked away thinking I wasn't a true MP or 'collector' due to the fact that I was quite selective with what I bought (which in turn rendered my collection quite small compared to those I'd seen here and everywhere else). xD

If a film doesn't satisfy the criteria of being a favourite or being 'really good'/re-watchable, then I'm not interested in buying it, even at the most bare bones/basic blu-ray/DVD edition level.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

When I first joined this community and saw people buying premium editions of films they'd either never seen, didn't like or thought were just 'ok', I kind of walked away thinking I wasn't a true MP or 'collector' due to the fact that I was quite selective with what I bought (which in turn rendered my collection quite small compared to those I'd seen here and everywhere else). xD

If a film doesn't satisfy the criteria of being a favourite or being 'really good'/re-watchable, then I'm not interested in buying it, even at the most bare bones/basic blu-ray/DVD edition level.

I agree. I don't buy a collector's edition if I didn't really like the movie. I only make one exception: editions that are exceptionally beautiful, which I want to keep on my shelf because they seem precious to me. But that is not as frequent as I would have liked...

Where I do experiment and sometimes buy movies without watching is in basic or regular editions, which don't need big money and I can then easily sell. That's part of my problem: there are movies that I don't like or I don't like very much and I sell them, others that I like a lot and I keep them, but.... then there is a gray zone of movies that I like and would like to have ... .but not enough to give me space problems.

Space, the final frontier, as if in the end we all end up being treekies...

1701e_warp.gif

• Like 4