IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Yeah I watched a few unboxing videos & while they did like the set, they also spoke about how unpractical it was to get the discs out. A lot of box sets have that problem, companies I’m guessing save some money using that style to house discs. 

If it was something I was interested in getting, I would take the discs out, and add them to the Blu-Ray cases. So I didn’t have to keep taking them in, and out of the sleeves. 

• Like 3

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Basil said:

i dont have the 4k discs and this would be a cheap way to get them arrrrrrgggghhhhh im conflicted help me xD 

what do you think all of you? (look up)

@Veum @Hollywood E Rock @Trianna @extantsrevenge @R1s1ngs0n @Scary Hair @Benoit46 @Robertm89 @RileyLad @Pbsw23

basil xD

Woody Harrelson Sony GIF by Zombieland

1 hour ago, Basil said:

that was one major benefit with this set this could be one to watch and then premiums could stay sealed if i wanted, plus alot of mine have been 3d +2d on blufans double lenti front.

also im heading on a 4k as versions that im heading for mainly. i have the player just cant change the telly yet as mines working and she would kill me xD 

when i went out and got the current one 50" 3d this one had £400 off but the old telly was working, i did get it in the ear a bit for that at the time even though was my money.

so i have to hold out now till this telly goes but the good thing is tellys improving all the time so hopefully time this one goes i get 4k and 3d all in one crossing my fingers for :D

basil xD 

loud dexters laboratory GIF

I would definitely invest into the best 4K TV 📺 you can get into debt with LOL 😂 you’ll still be much more happy in the long run, trust me... and while your adding to your debt get a great 4K Blu-ray-ray player (another investment I’m so happy that I’m paying into our CC haha 🤣)!😉

1 hour ago, Basil said:

cant at the moment im desperate for 2 new sofas the springs are slowly starting to go but its old like really old and i got a horrible feeling the new ones i want when shops open back up gone be expensive like really expensive.

need brown leather recliner but want full electric motors with usbs in ends and the whole front to come up.

im struggling to find what i want online even, so any money i have is going to be long gone soon.

be back in the poor house soon enough xD 

basil :D

Get a sofa where it also lifts out for your feet, this is what I kick myself that we did not do!😏

seth meyers janet GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

50 minutes ago, Basil said:

so if anyone in america did what this set then it would have to be a group buy from mp then.

i get you dont need it from you post, but if someone say like @Veum did that be way he would he to look at getting it.

basil 👍

Not Safe For Work No GIF

@Basil I have all of them on 4K already, nuff said for me hehe!😊

• Haha 2

🥤good morning here, good day there... Veum here!🤠😇😷

HAPPY SUNDAY!😊

coffee app GIF by The Videobook

FOLKS, unfortunately I have to report again w/another day/night of rioting, looting, burning in our major cities by these evildoers... they are destroying good peeps own business’s which is tremendously sad 😢 with me (sorry for the bad, sad news but this is our 5th day/night of evil)! 😞 

sad arrested development GIF

• Like 1

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
Masculine MONDAY

Spoiler

vMYvSTu.jpg

jm3PkVz.jpg

tFyPTX4.jpg

klZ11ry.jpg

Lenk9Q6.jpg

ZiUOEq2.jpg

ejDTFPf.jpg

m9XNy1Z.jpg

Al2zIc8.jpg

7Nid3rK.jpg

gvs9Sj3.jpg

v2iLzaZ.jpg

NYHHxCo.jpg

SH22iQD.jpg

4ElRcaU.jpg

SWplteC.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope everyone is doing well & ready to take on the new week! Here’s to everyone having a Marvelous Monday!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Basil said:

i dont have the 4k discs and this would be a cheap way to get them arrrrrrgggghhhhh im conflicted help me xD 

what do you think all of you? (look up)

@Veum @Hollywood E Rock @Trianna @extantsrevenge @R1s1ngs0n @Scary Hair @Benoit46 @Robertm89 @RileyLad @Pbsw23

basil xD

@StrikerEureka79 @Basil

If you’re purely buying it for the discs, then I guess it makes sense. My rule of thumb is Never buy a boxset of any form, until production has long finished or its been announced its the end.

As an example, Black Widow is a prequel so could technically be considered a part of the Infinity Saga, and I’m not convinced we have seen the end of Thanos. But anyway, it’s a good way of getting all the 4K discs. 👍🏼

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
Il y a 1 heure, Basil a dit :

morning all, everyone who hasn't seen mps calendar needs to @Hollywood E Rock is looking particularly fine xD 

@Benoit46 look up time for your monday man love xD 

@Trianna great work there girl xD 

wish everyone a great day :D

Have A Great Day GIF by memecandy

basil B|

triste frases GIF

@Hollywood E Rock

it's Moooonday ...

shocked baby GIF

• Haha 4

I shouldn't be up this late (it's 5:30 am here lol) but does anyone randomly look up a release you have on eBay -- whether premium or just a regular release that may have gone OOP -- and kinda crap your pants? Lol. I saw The Powerpuff Girls (original series, not the redo) complete series DVD boxset is up to $300 on eBay now randomly the other day. And here I thought paying $75 was a huge price... I also was looking up Wonder Woman Manta Lab and Wonder Woman HDZ to just see pics to compare and it's bananas that single editions are now going for $200 alone! I mean, I know BvS and some other ones reached it, I guess I thought those were just grails and a rare occurrence. Guess not. Wheeew!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atomicblonde said:

I shouldn't be up this late (it's 5:30 am here lol) but does anyone randomly look up a release you have on eBay -- whether premium or just a regular release that may have gone OOP -- and kinda crap your pants? Lol. I saw The Powerpuff Girls (original series, not the redo) complete series DVD boxset is up to $300 on eBay now randomly the other day. And here I thought paying $75 was a huge price... I also was looking up Wonder Woman Manta Lab and Wonder Woman HDZ to just see pics to compare and it's bananas that single editions are now going for $200 alone! I mean, I know BvS and some other ones reached it, I guess I thought those were just grails and a rare occurrence. Guess not. Wheeew!

@atomicblonde

Hanging out on eBay is one of my favorite ways to waste time & be unproductive 😄. I see random releases all the time that I think would be cheap, but are going for sky rocket prices. DvD sets, even some VHS box sets are going for way over their original retail price. 

I don’t own The Powerpuff Girls yet, I didn’t know it was going for crazy money 😒. Oh well I’ll get it eventually, It use to be me & my lil sister’s show!

The last thing I looked up was The Infinity Saga Collection set, original retail price was over $500, on eBay the lowest price was $1,500, highest price was around $7000 😳. I completely understand the nature of reselling, but it is still disappointing how comfortable people are with basically ripping buyers off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@atomicblonde

Hanging out on eBay is one of my favorite ways to waste time & be unproductive 😄. I see random releases all the time that I think would be cheap, but are going for sky rocket prices. DvD sets, even some VHS box sets are going for way over their original retail price. 

I don’t own The Powerpuff Girls yet, I didn’t know it was going for crazy money 😒. Oh well I’ll get it eventually, It use to be me & my lil sister’s show!

The last thing I looked up was The Infinity Saga Collection set, original retail price was over $500, on eBay the lowest price was $1,500, highest price was around $7000 😳. I completely understand the nature of reselling, but it is still disappointing how comfortable people are with basically ripping buyers off.

Not going to lie, same here!! I lurk to either buy or just to see what’s out there. I have way too many saved searches for things so I can be lazier and let the items come to me 😆 It’s crazy though how in a nanosecond something can go from normal and in abundance to very few copies and ridiculous prices. I’ve been panic buying more than I want for releases lately because I’ve been pretty good at sniffing out OOP titles before they go fully OOP or get outed as OOP. It’s hurting my wallet. That and sales 😛 

I passed on The Powerpuff Girls at Barnes and Noble so many times... even the $75 was a sticker shock and I only bought it last year. I thought It was pretty inflated for a used copy (got lucky, it is most definitely new and the guy just listed as used to cover himself). Now I think $300 is insane for a used or new copy. Like what! It was one of my favorites growing up. I used to have a lot of Powerpuff Girl birthday parties lol. 

To be going that high, esp on Best Buy and not premium (and not OOP title either), is mega bananas! I’m also wary of Best Buy because of damages. Can’t imagine paying triple the price only to open and find it smushed. No thanks! Lol. Tbh I’m past my crazy price paying period. I’m not proud to admit this, but the most I ever paid for a single steelbook or boxset was $500. And I’ll literally never pay it again. I want to eventually get the Inglourious Basterds Manta Lab one click and it’s like it was already pushing it for me prior (between $260-$300) and now it’s just light years out of my league. I don’t think I’ll be able to justify price like that again, maybe because priorities have changed and I realize how much I can get with $500 other than just a steelbook or 2-3 😋

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Excellent! 🤩

Thanks for the heads up buddy!

I'll need to grab this. Second Sight has been knocking it outta the park lately with their releases.

Curious to see what they include for extras...3 books? Wow! 😀

Your welcome! Thought it was funny that they drop this after we were just talking about it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

Not going to lie, same here!! I lurk to either buy or just to see what’s out there. I have way too many saved searches for things so I can be lazier and let the items come to me 😆 It’s crazy though how in a nanosecond something can go from normal and in abundance to very few copies and ridiculous prices. I’ve been panic buying more than I want for releases lately because I’ve been pretty good at sniffing out OOP titles before they go fully OOP or get outed as OOP. It’s hurting my wallet. That and sales 😛 

@atomicblonde

You’re right it is crazy how fast certain items become really limited & prices for said item goes ⬆️⬆️⬆️. When I was new to eBay I remember seeing sellers have stock of 12 copies sometimes more of a single movie & I would think to myself “oh I got time“ then to go back on the app to see 3 copies left 😲. How did it sell so fast! Sometimes I’m still caught off guard because some titles I will see going for a good price, but I have other titles to grab that is more priority so I’ll put the movie on the back burner to come back a week or two later having trouble finding it for that good price 😒.

I’ve been down that road of being on a roll finding movies you want for a good price so you keep buying even though some of the movies wasn’t initially on your list, but when you discover them going for a good price you can’t pass it up 😅, because you know you will pay more later! Yep wallets get worked out real good under those circumstances not to mention Group Buys. At one point I had my watch list full with items & I had a separate list saved in my shopping cart area 😂. It was bad, I was on a roll getting all the stuff I felt I needed in the collection. I had to cut myself off cold turkey because it was getting out of hand. I was having to much fun winning bids & everything 😆!

5 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

I passed on The Powerpuff Girls at Barnes and Noble so many times... even the $75 was a sticker shock and I only bought it last year. I thought It was pretty inflated for a used copy (got lucky, it is most definitely new and the guy just listed as used to cover himself). Now I think $300 is insane for a used or new copy. Like what! It was one of my favorites growing up. I used to have a lot of Powerpuff Girl birthday parties lol. To be going that high, esp on Best Buy and not premium (and not OOP title either), is mega bananas! I’m also wary of Best Buy because of damages. Can’t imagine paying triple the price only to open and find it smushed. No thanks! Lol.

$75 does seem a little high for Powerpuff Girls, but the show was popular. Some of my past co-workers who where grown men liked the show, and they was way past the age demographic the show was originally geared toward. My biggest fear whenever I spend money on a title that is overpriced is that the item gets to me & it ends up being damaged. Luckily I haven’t had to deal with that on expensive titles. Unfortunately though I have had my fair share of damaged goods that I paid a good price for. Some eBay sellers really just don’t understand the concept of packing the item well.

5 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

Tbh I’m past my crazy price paying period. I’m not proud to admit this, but the most I ever paid for a single steelbook or boxset was $500. And I’ll literally never pay it again. I want to eventually get the Inglourious Basterds Manta Lab one click and it’s like it was already pushing it for me prior (between $260-$300) and now it’s just light years out of my league. I don’t think I’ll be able to justify price like that again, maybe because priorities have changed and I realize how much I can get with $500 other than just a steelbook or 2-3 😋

I say be proud of what you spent, is it crazy as hell to spend that much for an item, Hell Yeah, but it was something that you wanted & you worked hard to earn the money so spend it how you see fit. As long as you are not neglecting the important stuff. I got a friend who skips paying bills so they can have money to go out & party smh. Manta Lab’s Inglourious Basterds is on my to buy list also. I wasn’t originally sold on the beauty shots, but had a chance to see the set in person. Been kicking myself ever since for not buying it for retail when I had the chance. Now I don’t let beauty Shots completely influence my decision to buy. If it’s a movie I enjoyed & want to own a physical copy of I determined if I’m keeping something after it’s in my hand.

• Like 1