IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

725583936_MPAwards2022.thumb.png.19473b6455f4782eda7a73cfaa593d6d.png

I just submitted my nomination list 😃

For every member that is really taking part in this event (posting his nomination list and then voting) we will have a special surprise waiting at the end of the event ☺️

So create your nomination list now. I looked at my arrivals from last year for a little inspiration and in the Award Topic we also have a great list members posted, that includes all the Premium & Steelbook releases from 2022

i-have-done-my-part-now-you-do-yours.gif

• Like 8

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be  ☁️ 🌧️ 🌨️ here my friends… good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠 🍵🧋

National Coffee Day GIF

Going to meet my childhood friend for lunch and some conversation soon! :)

soon GIF terminator ill be back GIF

Day

43°Hi
RealFeel® 34°
Cold
RealFeel Shade™ 33°
Cold 1/5 Rather cloudy and cooler; an afternoon rain or snow shower in spots
  • Like 5

Dear Psychos, this is the Three Wise Men Night in Spain.

Following the Christian tradition, the three wise men, guided by a star, came from the East to give the baby Jesus gold, frankincense and myrrh, valuable gifts at that time. For this reason, in Spain it has always been traditional that on this night the three kings bring gifts to the children who behaved well the previous year.

The same with Santa Claus.

When the tradition of Santa Claus became popular worldwide, and in this world called "global village" people in Spain began to assume him as their own, there were families who gave gifts on December 25, because Santa Claus had left them; and in other families they are given on January 6, because the three wise men had left them.

However, with the passing of the years, Spanish children have been skillful enough 😋 to ask Santa Claus to bring them presents on December 24 at night, and have time to play with them during the Christmas vacations; and, at the same time, ask the three kings to also bring them presents to follow the tradition, and not be left with a pitiful face seeing other children with new things in January.

In other words: there are presents on both days.

And today children here sleep dreaming of the presents that will be next to the Christmas tree tomorrow morning, a day that is a holiday in Spain.

For adults, especially those with good taste, stores are starting their online sales tonight, so they can buy something. For example, movies with a 50% discount ;) . And, still, tomorrow there will be something under the tree waiting for the adults. 

Let's see what they bring me.

I think I've been good. 😇

I think. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Dear Psychos, this is the Three Wise Men Night in Spain.

Following the Christian tradition, the three wise men, guided by a star, came from the East to give the baby Jesus gold, frankincense and myrrh, valuable gifts at that time. For this reason, in Spain it has always been traditional that on this night the three kings bring gifts to the children who behaved well the previous year.

The same with Santa Claus.

When the tradition of Santa Claus became popular worldwide, and in this world called "global village" people in Spain began to assume him as their own, there were families who gave gifts on December 25, because Santa Claus had left them; and in other families they are given on January 6, because the three wise men had left them.

However, with the passing of the years, Spanish children have been skillful enough 😋 to ask Santa Claus to bring them presents on December 24 at night, and have time to play with them during the Christmas vacations; and, at the same time, ask the three kings to also bring them presents to follow the tradition, and not be left with a pitiful face seeing other children with new things in January.

In other words: there are presents on both days.

And today children here sleep dreaming of the presents that will be next to the Christmas tree tomorrow morning, a day that is a holiday in Spain.

For adults, especially those with good taste, stores are starting their online sales tonight, so they can buy something. For example, movies with a 50% discount ;) . And, still, tomorrow there will be something under the tree waiting for the adults. 

Let's see what they bring me.

I think I've been good. 😇

I think. 

So two Christmases?!? That seals the deal, I’m moving to Spain. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Reagh said:

So two Christmases?!? That seals the deal, I’m moving to Spain. 

Yes, it is.

Another afternoon of running around toy shops, and more money to spend with people.

In fact, today is a day of family dinners, and tomorrow, lunch with the traditional Three Wise Men cake.

94bdd163-fcf3-4ee2-b1b7-4f8c2206f61d_16-

There are two things hidden inside the cake: a figure of a king, and a bean.

Whoever gets the figure of the king is the king that day, decides what he/she wants to do, and everyone has to treat him/her well; and whoever gets the bean, pays for the cake, or even in some families pays the lunch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Yes, it is.

Another afternoon of running around toy shops, and more money to spend with people.

In fact, today is a day of family dinners, and tomorrow, lunch with the traditional Three Wise Men cake.

94bdd163-fcf3-4ee2-b1b7-4f8c2206f61d_16-

There are two things hidden inside the cake: a figure of a king, and a bean.

Whoever gets the figure of the king is the king that day, decides what he/she wants to do, and everyone has to treat him/her well; and whoever gets the bean, pays for the cake, or even in some families pays the lunch.

wow that looks delicious. In Louisiana we have the same exact tradition, it’s called a king cake.

F25F6699-F9E6-40CA-A45A-9417570ED29B.thumb.jpeg.11523f1d35f384d9d88e8ac640a225e9.jpeg

• Like 7