IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

I Added this to my watch list a couple of nights ago. I’m always pleased to see someone else say they’ve really enjoyed something. I’ve watched too many bad ones recently 😄 Looking forward to this one now 👍🏼

It’s pretty good! The story and editing can get wonky at times, but the twist was pretty interesting! It definitely tricked me. 

• Like 1

Awards

7 minutes ago, damships said:

@piphany Bringing the convo here instead lolll. They need to do a premium for There Will Be Blood AND No Country For Old Men. I would be so freaking happy. 

I don't know what the context is here, and I'm butting in on an already running conversation... but yes. Both of those, premiums, yes please. 

Daniel Day Lewis Nod GIF by hero0fwar

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, damships said:

@piphany Bringing the convo here instead lolll. They need to do a premium for There Will Be Blood AND No Country For Old Men. I would be so freaking happy. 

Appreciated! Totally... I could watch either of those films forever. Neither of them deserve their terribly ugly and unappealing marketing and physical releases. I'm pretty sure that they've both been scanned in 4K at some point, too, so who knows...

I don't understand why so few of Anderson's films exist in either good-looking premium packages or on 4KBD! Films like The Master are just begging for it, and there's surely no excuse for Licorice Pizza to only be released in HD in 2021...

No bother. I can wait... forever...

Javier Bardem Movie GIF

• Like 3

3 hours ago, piphany said:

Appreciated! Totally... I could watch either of those films forever. Neither of them deserve their terribly ugly and unappealing marketing and physical releases. I'm pretty sure that they've both been scanned in 4K at some point, too, so who knows...

I don't understand why so few of Anderson's films exist in either good-looking premium packages or on 4KBD! Films like The Master are just begging for it, and there's surely no excuse for Licorice Pizza to only be released in HD in 2021...

No bother. I can wait... forever...

Javier Bardem Movie GIF

The Master would look mind-blowing. I believe it was shot in 70mm? 

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, Veum said:

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be   here my friends… good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠 🍵🧋

Good Morning Love GIF by Sam Brown Video

Day

50°Hi
RealFeel® 48°
RealFeel Shade™ 47°
Mild with times of clouds and sun 1/10

I’ve been under the weather the past few days as well.  Fell better!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gary K said:

I’ve been under the weather the past few days as well.  Fell better!

You also, I got this bad cold from meeting my childhood friend the other day…

I think I’ll go back to isolation so I do not get sick again, I know this is the 1st time I’ve gotten sick in at least 12+ years ago…

Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Veum said:

You also, I got this bad cold from meeting my childhood friend the other day…

I think I’ll go back to isolation so I do not get sick again, I know this is the 1st time I’ve gotten sick in at least 12+ years ago…

Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

With two little kids it’s like we live in a Petri dish….maybe 3 days a month when were all healthy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/francis-ford-coppolas-megalopolis-in-peril-1235284875/

Good morning to all.

I have read this article, which tries to badmouth Coppola and his new film, and instead of hurting him, it has made me even more eager to see "Megalopolis".

Is the filming in chaos? I don't know, maybe.

Is he spending too much money? I don't know, maybe.

Have you had to change some of the crew? I don't know, maybe.

All I know is that the last time Coppola went through something like this.... he gave us a masterpiece, "Apocalypse Now", widely criticised for its crazy shooting before it was released; and the other time he went bankrupt, he gave us "One from the heart", a great, delicate and tuly wonderful film.

Let's hope it follows the same path now.

Yes, maybe the filming is "the horror, the horror" again... 

A wonderful horror that I want to feel again.

"Megalopolis" is already on my agenda. 

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/francis-ford-coppolas-megalopolis-in-peril-1235284875/

Good morning to all.

I have read this article, which tries to badmouth Coppola and his new film, and instead of hurting him, it has made me even more eager to see "Megalopolis".

Is the filming in chaos? I don't know, maybe.

Is he spending too much money? I don't know, maybe.

Have you had to change some of the crew? I don't know, maybe.

All I know is that the last time Coppola went through something like this.... he gave us a masterpiece, "Apocalypse Now", widely criticised for its crazy shooting before it was released; and the other time he went bankrupt, he gave us "One from the heart", a great, delicate and tuly wonderful film.

Let's hope it follows the same path now.

Yes, maybe the filming is "the horror, the horror" again... 

A wonderful horror that I want to feel again.

"Megalopolis" is already on my agenda. 

Have a good day everyone!

I certainly hope you're right and will try to join you in your optimism.  But . . . an 83 year old using his own money on a film, when he's never directed something as technically difficult as this, I'm skeptical this will end well.  I welcome being wrong.

• Like 2