IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Great minds and all that 😁👍🏼

I did the same and came to the same conclusion just before the pandemic. At one point I was receiving “goodie boxes” from MP a little too regularly 😂 I then decided to be pickier with my GB’s, but now with rising postage costs I am having to wind it back even more.

I would like to say my plan is to only focus on Marvel WEA’s from here on out, So given Disney have seemingly pulled all rights for anymore WEA’s, then I should have no issue saving the pennies! 😂😂

Disney definitely helped you out there, huh? But then WeET refused to go down 😁. I think (read: hope) we'll have a few WEA Spider-man steels coming. Time to start dusting off the bike so we have more FS money.

all of presidents animation GIF by Chris Timmons

3 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

I've only been taking part in group buys for a short time, but am already learning to be cautious in what I request and not go hog-wild or double-dip (too) frivolously. It gets expensive fast, and that's particularly compounded by how quickly everything else is getting expensive. I'm not ready to quit yet - hell, I only just got started! 🤣 But yeah...this certainly ain't cheap. I also had to confess to my wife that one $$$ charge was just for shipping, and a separate $$$ charge was for one movie. I can't say she was wrong in her balking at me about it, but... what did somebody say about drugs? 

GIF by Giphy QA

My wife just rolls her eyes now. I tend to buy in waves. I'll spend, freak out, lay back a bit, spend again, etc. The addiction is real...

That Mitch Hedberg quote comes to mind: "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." 😂

• Haha 8

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Emil said:

Yeah, I feel the same

I’ve been meaning to tally the cost of my collection and I’m a little nervous to see how much I’ve spent 

I went through the exact struggle. I resisted for so long and immediately regretted it after doing it but, now that time has passed, am happy I did it. My mental number wasn't as accurate as I thought...

Uh Oh Omg GIF by Bounce

• Haha 6

• ★ Administrators ★
21 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I went through the exact struggle. I resisted for so long and immediately regretted it after doing it but, now that time has passed, am happy I did it. My mental number wasn't as accurate as I thought...

Uh Oh Omg GIF by Bounce

I’ve yet to tally and I’m afraid to.  My mental number is scary enough.   My wife hasn’t yet called me on it too much thankfully.   

praying for all our Floridian psychos and families in Ian’s path. 

• Like 7

This month stretch might be my worst expense ever for this collection adding in other things.  Two WeET OCs, probably two CM releases, at least one Manta release, the LOTR HDZ, probably other group buys I am forgetting, all the new Bonds from DVDstore.it, an MRI of my knee, and hopefully not knee surgery.  What an absolute crazy month stretch.

Dance Reaction GIF

• Like 5

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Boilersteel:

This month stretch might be my worst expense ever for this collection adding in other things.  Two WeET OCs, probably two CM releases, at least one Manta release, the LOTR HDZ, probably other group buys I am forgetting, all the new Bonds from DVDstore.it, an MRI of my knee, and hopefully not knee surgery.  What an absolute crazy month stretch.

Dance Reaction GIF

Send Help I Am Rich GIF by ALLBLK

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

Dance Reaction GIF

I told my wife to at least let me write my will before she kills me for LOTR. 

Working Kermit The Frog GIF

Edited by damships
  • Haha 6

Awards

25 minutes ago, damships said:

I told my wife to at least let me write my will before she kills me for LOTR. 

Working Kermit The Frog GIF

Yeah I am trying to come up with an explanation for this month's credit card bill that won't get me kicked out of the bedroom.  It's not going to go well.  Never dreamed 2 WeET releases would get billed so close to LOTR.

John Krasinski Please GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

Edited by Boilersteel
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boilersteel said:

Dance Reaction GIF

Wow, that's...quite a bit 

I Love Lucy Wtf GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 4

Dance Reaction GIF

Hope that knee isn't anything serious.  But, all of the rest looks amazing.

I'm a vinyl collector as well and had a huge hit with the release of the Bill Evans Riverside box set the month.  That added to my steels and I grabbed LOTR HDZ and the Manta JL and a few other things.  It adds up, but it sure is fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dance Reaction GIF

Yikes! Good luck with that knee, man. Hopefully you can avoid surgery. My wife's doing physical therapy for her knee these few weeks; we were worried she'd need surgery, but so far things are looking good. Best of luck to you! On the bright side, you should have plenty of movies to catch up with if you're forced into recovery!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

By the way, good afternoon everybody!

Today it has rained, it's windy and the temperatures have dropped. The normal thing would be to say that autumn has arrived, but I think it is the third time that this has happened since mid-August, and in the end the sun always returns; with a little less intensity, but it always comes back.

It is the new weather model. Summers that start and end late, irregular Autumns that are not particularly harsh and that occupy part of the time of Winter, Winters that are short but more intense, and Springs that are a pure lottery.

I hope to still be able to go to the beach one day, even if it's just to relax.

We'll see which ball comes out. ;) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1