IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

16 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Really? Pretty sure this still happens in the UK. In fact I’m almost convinced they did it for Eternals & Multiverse of Madness. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nothing here in the US for Thor. I’m hoping they take their sweet time to be honest, because I’m going broke with all of these releases. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Awards

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

Really? Pretty sure this still happens in the UK. In fact I’m almost convinced they did it for Eternals & Multiverse of Madness. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Looks like the official press release for Multiverse of Madness was issued in June, roughly a month after theatrical and a month a few weeks before the blu-ray release. The steelbook artwork probably leaked a bit earlier. We'll probably start seeing stuff for Thor in a couple weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I gotta pop in here to rear my head out a bit again and get this off my chest before I implode 😇🤣😎

After skimming through EVEN MORE posts in the HDZ LoTR I&Q thread, I can safely sat it completely and irrevocably devolved into an exercise in frustrating futility many moons ago. Truly do not know whether to laugh or cry at times skimming through there, gotta play with my nieces to restore some faith in humanity :P

I don't know how you do it, I've refused customers/clients of mine any help for far less than what's going on in that thread, but here's a commendation to ALL the staff @★ Moderator ★ @★ Super Moderator ★ @★ Administrators ★ @★ Co-Administrator ★ for your continued perseverance in this and other threads! ...alright, also the @★ MP Guardian ★s, you can have some praise too :D 🥳 😘
Not something I say much at all as I myself don't particularly appreciate it (actions more than words and all), but thank you! Have a drink on me 👍
🍻

Anyway, I'll let you get back to your (un)scheduled programming and apologize for dragging (kicking and screaming?!) any staff members attention in here - you are all free to go ;)

Rock On Trolls World Tour GIF by DreamWorks Trolls

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, tr0llhatt said:

I gotta pop in here to rear my head out a bit again and get this off my chest before I implode 😇🤣😎

After skimming through EVEN MORE posts in the HDZ LoTR I&Q thread, I can safely sat it completely and irrevocably devolved into an exercise in frustrating futility many moons ago. Truly do not know whether to laugh or cry at times skimming through there, gotta play with my nieces to restore some faith in humanity :P

I don't know how you do it, I've refused customers/clients of mine any help for far less than what's going on in that thread, but here's a commendation to ALL the staff @★ Moderator ★ @★ Super Moderator ★ @★ Administrators ★ @★ Co-Administrator ★ for your continued perseverance in this and other threads! ...alright, also the @★ MP Guardian ★s, you can have some praise too :D 🥳 😘
Not something I say much at all as I myself don't particularly appreciate it (actions more than words and all), but thank you! Have a drink on me 👍
🍻

Anyway, I'll let you get back to your (un)scheduled programming and apologize for dragging (kicking and screaming?!) any staff members attention in here - you are all free to go ;)

Rock On Trolls World Tour GIF by DreamWorks Trolls

Have to chime in here to agree.  I've worked in service and customer facing capacities for much of my career and the patience and devotion that our UNPAID staff continuously shows is both commendable and inspiring.  Makes me even more grateful to be a part of the community.

Thangs MP Staff!!

• Like 4

Agreed. The admins, mods, and staff have been doing great work. I've only been here a year, but in that time I've found the group buys to be pretty easy to navigate and any help I've needed has always been accommodated. I like it here! :)

And as somebody who has worked retail in the past and continues to have to work with the public, I can commiserate. Every job I've ever had, it's always been people that have been the worst part of 'em! 🤪

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, MikeH5856 said:

Agreed. The admins, mods, and staff have been doing great work. I've only been here a year, but in that time I've found the group buys to be pretty easy to navigate and any help I've needed has always been accommodated. I like it here! :)

And as somebody who has worked retail in the past and continues to have to work with the public, I can commiserate. Every job I've ever had, it's always been people that have been the worst part of 'em! 🤪

At one of my businesses (with the most demanding clients/customers) we have a saying - this job would be great if it weren't for the customers!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Hi all, been a minute since I last graced this room. Hope everyone is well.

It’s just occurred to me that whilst Love and Thunder is out now at Cinemas and has been for a while, there has been No announcements regarding a WWA steelbook? We usually get the obligatory pre-order emails on day one of the cinema releases, but not a sausage.

Does this suggest that Disney are not only playing hardball with licensing for premiums, but also steelbooks as a whole??

no paul by look of it suggests they may be pushing streaming more i think, i hope im wrong

basil 👍

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@LeGonze Dude… What can you tell me (if anything) about this guy?!

Leeds United appear to have won the race to sign Atlas FC forward Julian Quinones, as per Gerardo Melin.

The WDeportes and El Universal journalist, wrote on Twitter on 29 July that Atlas are going to lose their “feared” footballer in their squad, as he is now on his way to join Leeds.

Reliable Journalist: Player on his way to join Leeds, club set to lose their 'feared' asset

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:20 PM, Gary K said:

Great to read your thoughts per usual.   

I highly recommend both Get Out and Us and Peele certainly has a keen eye for memorable cinematic imagery.  That said, Nope is on another level when it comes to big screen cinematography with Hoyte van Hoytwema shooting it.  Van Hoytema is a master of shooting natively on IMAX having shot Interstellar, Dunkirk and Tenet for Nolan and he really elevates the spectacle of Nope.  

Hide contents

As for your spoiler questions:

1 - yes It seemed pretty clear Jean jacket was responsible for OJ’s fathers death at the beginning with the way the horses reacted and the debris. 
2- I think it ate the inflatable June because it had big eyes that were “looking” at it. 
3 - I interpreted the change of form as a reaction to being angry and wanting to assume a more threatening visage, but that’s just my take.  It could have just been because it looked utterly amazing   

Thanks for that info. I'm looking forward to rewatching (already preordered the steel) so that I can better appreciate some of the finer story points and cinematography. I also..

Spoiler

don't quite remember Jean Jacket's involvement in the death so I'll need to check that out again as well.

I'm also adding Get Out and Us to the "To Watch" list. 👍

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
34 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Thanks for that info. I'm looking forward to rewatching (already preordered the steel) so that I can better appreciate some of the finer story points and cinematography. I also..

Reveal hidden contents

don't quite remember Jean Jacket's involvement in the death so I'll need to check that out again as well.

I'm also adding Get Out and Us to the "To Watch" list. 👍

Great!! 

Spoiler

JJ’s involvement in the Dads death is subtly confirms later on when we see metal and other debris shot out of it and lodged in the front porch violently like the key and the nickel that killed the dad.  

• Like 1

I know that this will likely go over the heads of my American friends, but for all of my British Psychos out there….

Whilst my team Leeds United haven’t even kicked a ball yet in the Premier League, our 19 year old CENTRE BACK Charlie Cresswell is currently the TOP GOAL SCORER in the Championship! 😂😁😁

EA0D840F-BAFC-406A-8E9C-0B9CB8C1D652.png

36AE63B0-30B5-42CF-9769-14957108971A.jpeg

Will likely Never get a brag like that one ever again so had to be done 😁👍🏼 

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2