IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

14 hours ago, Cornbuster said:

I had planned the Army of the Dead until I've seen, that Schweighoefer is one of the actors...

My second choice is The invisible man. I got the UHD last week and I'm waiting for the EverythingBlu-edition!

So, that rocks!!

Good morning together,

we had a short rating regarding “Army Of The Dead” in the german room by @hal56 yesterday. That’s why I decided finally to watch it after all.

…and I'm really surprised.

In view of the fact that the movie doesn't take itself too seriously, the results are really good if you watch it with a corresponding attitude.

Last but not least, I’m very impressed about the visual gimmicks like the extreme depth of field and lens flares here and there as well as a grandiose movie set.

Plus the choreography of the alphas. Awsome – by then at the latest it is clear, that here was someone behind, who really knew, what to do.

Because of the choice of character, I can even accept Schweighoefer as actor here. Presented as typical german - naive, non-hero, but still perfectionist and thorough in certain things.

Actually I have to take back my bad prejudices about this movie.

9 out of 10 points.

• Like 5

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Cassiopeia:

@Hollywood E Rock @deckard99 @Veum @Basil @Squeegie McGee @Fortis93 @RAK @Mutantsmiley @AndroiDad75 @Cornbuster @Caktus26 @Jaksu @hal56

HBO GO: The outpost, Aeonflux, Hooking up, Zombieland: Double Tap, Bombshell, Wonder Woman 1984 & FF: Hobbs and Shaw

AMAZON PRIME: Hanna season 1 & 2

NETFLIX: The Next Three Days, Blow & Wanted. 

It's Sunday afternoon here. Any suggestions? Need a movie to watch with Mi wife tonight🤔🤔🤔

Am a bit late to the party but these are a few movies I enjoyed lately:

Kritik: Sound of Metal | Bewertung & Fazit | 4001Reviews

What Award-Winning Film 'Minari' Can Teach Us About Creating One's Destiny  | THE SEOULITE

Poster zum Promising Young Woman - Bild 3 auf 25 - FILMSTARTS.de

The Dig: Now a BAFTA-nominated motion picture starring Ralph Fiennes, Carey  Mulligan and Lily James: Amazon.de: Preston, John: Fremdsprachige Bücher

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Reveal hidden contents

6JVszOs.jpg

apQTRGE.jpg

ljLidSS.jpg

7G9KN3x.jpg

rJNZ9gA.jpg

gpOgzoF.jpg

8BVr8VA.jpg

TqUfboT.jpg

ddVNvHA.jpg

Dz7Iz6Y.jpg

LQEhKlc.jpg

OzRjzp2.jpg

GtZuiB3.jpg

rfofeA0.jpg

vcVfo2c.jpg

DNqu9dn.jpg

lLd11xe.jpg

ajtjV4K.jpg

BEOnnTv.jpg

Om0KRe2.jpg

St5vdMW.jpg

2QxfWs0.jpg

wPV7fBc.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Whether you see today as the first day of the week or the last, I hope that you enjoy it & use it to prepare for the days ahead. 

giphy.gif

Fat Cat Pat GIF

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

@Hollywood E Rock @deckard99 @Veum @Basil @Squeegie McGee @Fortis93 @RAK @Mutantsmiley @AndroiDad75 @Cornbuster @Caktus26 @Jaksu @hal56

HBO GO: The outpost, Aeonflux, Hooking up, Zombieland: Double Tap, Bombshell, Wonder Woman 1984 & FF: Hobbs and Shaw

It's Sunday afternoon here. Any suggestions? Need a movie to watch with Mi wife tonight🤔🤔🤔

🥤hey @Cassiopeia, The Dark Valley - I do not know you & your wife’s taste or tolerance in movies 🎥 how ever I watched a good ‘Ol western yesterday (I’ve seen this one awhile ago also) that takes place in the mountains of Austria on Prime Video yesterday that has fantastic scenery & beautiful cinematography with some pulsating music for a revenge type story (pitiful that ours was dubbed in funny English, as this film does not have subs)!

Kiss of the Damned - a sexy vampire film 🧛‍♂️ 🧛‍♀️ 

The Equalizer 1 & 2 - vigilante justice 

Death at a Funeral - dysfunctional British family

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

@Cassiopeia Boss level was pretty good. Starts off slow but gets better as it goes along. Enola Holmes was fun and I hear Jupiter’s legacy is good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Reveal hidden contents

6JVszOs.jpg

apQTRGE.jpg

ljLidSS.jpg

7G9KN3x.jpg

rJNZ9gA.jpg

gpOgzoF.jpg

8BVr8VA.jpg

TqUfboT.jpg

ddVNvHA.jpg

Dz7Iz6Y.jpg

LQEhKlc.jpg

OzRjzp2.jpg

GtZuiB3.jpg

rfofeA0.jpg

vcVfo2c.jpg

DNqu9dn.jpg

lLd11xe.jpg

ajtjV4K.jpg

BEOnnTv.jpg

Om0KRe2.jpg

St5vdMW.jpg

2QxfWs0.jpg

wPV7fBc.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Whether you see today as the first day of the week or the last, I hope that you enjoy it & use it to prepare for the days ahead. 

giphy.gif

excited andy samberg GIF

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Movies that are right for the Sunday Atmosphere 

Reveal hidden contents

Ookny1X.jpg

HM1QVR6.jpg

Ng6c5Kg.jpg

Last but damn sure not least

Hide contents

1J1ERXk.jpg

@Hollywood E Rock @Cassiopeia

Crazy Stupid Love I seconded. It's a really good, smart movie! I would kill for a primo set!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🍿@Cassiopeia @Caktus26 @Fortis93 @Basil @Squeegie McGee @Cornbuster @raylight @hal56 @RAK @Jaksu @Trianna @Catgirl @Sir-Godric @RileyLad @AndroiDad75 @Casiusco @Mutantsmiley what movies 🎥 are you in the mood for today/tonight, hmm 🧐 

Great question @Veum!  We were going to watch Army of the Dead as a family down in the basement theater, but my youngest ended up having a friend stay the night and they wanted to use the basement. They ended up watching it and really seemed to like it.  The missus and I may run down there a little later and pop it on.

I love these kinds of threads/questions, because you can always pick up some gems to watch from others.  I didn't even know anything about Boss Level until I read it recommended after you posted the question.  That may be another one we try to watch today as well.  Not sure if we'll watch that one down in the basement, that may be better as a laying in bed at the end of the day movie.

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Great question @Veum!  We were going to watch Army of the Dead as a family down in the basement theater, but my youngest ended up having a friend stay the night and they wanted to use the basement. They ended up watching it and really seemed to like it.  The missus and I may run down there a little later and pop it on.

I love these kinds of threads/questions, because you can always pick up some gems to watch from others.  I didn't even know anything about Boss Level until I read it recommended after you posted the question.  That may be another one we try to watch today as well.  Not sure if we'll watch that one down in the basement, that may be better as a laying in bed at the end of the day movie.

AndroiDad75🤖

🥤that reminds me @AndroiDad75, what movie(s) can our group recommend me for today/tonight (do I need to tag all you again, b/c it seems that is the ONLY way you respond? 🤔)? 🧐 

Let the recommendations begin mouhahaha 

Plotting Mr Burns GIF

🥤🍿 @Cassiopeia @Caktus26 @Fortis93 @Basil @Squeegie McGee @Cornbuster @raylight @hal56 @RAK @Jaksu @Trianna @Catgirl @Sir-Godric @RileyLad @AndroiDad75 @Casiusco @Mutantsmiley @Hollywood E Rock @Basil what movies 🎥 are you in the mood for today/tonight, hmm 🧐 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Veum said:

🥤that reminds me @AndroiDad75, what movie(s) can our group recommend me for today/tonight (do I need to tag all you again, b/c it seems that is the ONLY way you respond? 🤔)? 🧐 

Let the recommendations begin mouhahaha 

Plotting Mr Burns GIF

🥤🍿 @Cassiopeia @Caktus26 @Fortis93 @Basil @Squeegie McGee @Cornbuster @raylight @hal56 @RAK @Jaksu @Trianna @Catgirl @Sir-Godric @RileyLad @AndroiDad75 @Casiusco @Mutantsmiley @Hollywood E Rock @Basil what movies 🎥 are you in the mood for today/tonight, hmm 🧐 

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime VideoSeason 3 Reaction GIF by The Simpsons

basil xD 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Veum said:

My ‘cup of tea’, however seen it a lot of times & not my mood for now, so... I want some newer recommends my friend mouhahaha 

which is why you dont always get the recommendations you want, if you ask then say your not in the mood for people get fed up of suggesting stuff.

may i suggest you have a thread of its own and ask and tag people in there instead, then can do the same in there on a weekly basis if that makes sense 👍

and that way build up a nice large following on it as well 👍

all the best

basil 👍

• Like 3