IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

44 minutes ago, Neil21Harris said:

Hey!!!  I need some desperate advice....

I am debating trading my Interstellar HDZeta OC for Dunkirk UHD Club + Gladiator EverythingBlu 

am I a fool?  I have all other Gladiator premiums except EB, and I have Interstellar UHD Club which is amazing. 

Need some advice 

@Neil21Harris

Of course your decision is based on your collecting goals. If you’re collecting because of the rarity of the items than HDZeta’s release of Interstellar is probably an item to keep. If you’re collecting just what you like & having a collection of Gladiator releases is more of a priority than I say make the trade. UHD Club’s release of Interstellar is amazing & more than enough if all you need is one copy of that movie. For what you will be getting it’s pretty close to an even exchange & all those releases have gone up in price on the aftermarket. 

• Like 5

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Neil21Harris

Of course your decision is based on your collecting goals. If you’re collecting because of the rarity of the items than HDZeta’s release of Interstellar is probably an item to keep. If you’re collecting just what you like & having a collection of Gladiator releases is more of a priority than I say make the trade. UHD Club’s release of Interstellar is amazing & more than enough if all you need is one copy of that movie. For what you will be getting it’s pretty close to an even exchange & all those releases have gone up in price on the aftermarket. 

Personal collecting goals exactly. I just traded my single lenti of Drive from manta for a sealed copy of the Mondo Drive. The manta might technically be worth more right now - and the Steelbook itself is gorgeous - but I’m looking for a complete Mondo collection, and lentis don’t quite do it for me. So for me it was an even trade. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SilentasKnight said:

is funny that you are so into this. Jack-ass started one town over from me in West Chester

Wow that's amazing. So glad I mentioned this now and you took the time to tell me this awesome info... completely agree, its a small world 🌎 at times 😂

My favourite from the cast was Johnny Knoxville. I swear the stuff he pulled off and got away with, and without seriously hurting himself amazes me. Guy stood in front centre of a rubber ball claymore and was virtually unscathed as others around him dropped to the floor .... 

But it's fair to say each member of jackass brought something to the table, and I loved the banter between all the characters.  The "antiquing" and big punch glove 🥊 etc...

have seen him a few times just out to dinner. Just drinking wine and blending in.

I've read online that Bam had a hard time after loosing his close friend Ryan Dunn. Struggling with alcohol and drug addiction for a long time. Glad to hear he's settled down and back on track. 

drive on the road where Ryan Dunn died almost everyday. It's only about 7 miles from my house. This huge world seems awfully small sometimes

There's been talk of a 4th movie for years. But I don’t think it would be the same without the complete gang.

R.I.P Ryan Dunn 

• Like 3

It is funny that you are so into this. Jack-ass started one town over from me in West Chester, Pennsylvania. Some of those guys still live around here. I can remember seeing them running around doing all kinds of goofy things when I would be out at night. Something like 20 years ago. I have never been to Bam's house, but i know a lot of people who have. My good friend from the neighborhood used to play pickup basketball at on his court at his place every week for a while there.

I have seen him a few times just out to dinner. Just drinking wine and blending in. Most people don't recognize him because he looks like a dirtball, but that's probably the way he likes it. I think he got rid of all his supercars because they just attracted too much attention. Aston Martin is what he drives now I believe because that blends in a lot better. 

I drive on the road where Ryan Dunn died almost everyday. It's only about 7 miles from my house. This huge world seems awfully small sometimes. 

I wasn’t much into Jackass, but I loved Viva la Bam.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Wow that's amazing. So glad I mentioned this now and you took the time to tell me this awesome info... completely agree, its a small world 🌎 at times 😂

My favourite from the cast was Johnny Knoxville. I swear the stuff he pulled off and got away with, and without seriously hurting himself amazes me. Guy stood in front centre of a rubber ball claymore and was virtually unscathed as others around him dropped to the floor .... 

But it's fair to say each member of jackass brought something to the table, and I loved the banter between all the characters.  The "antiquing" and big punch glove 🥊 etc...

I've read online that Bam had a hard time after loosing his close friend Ryan Dunn. Struggling with alcohol and drug addiction for a long time. Glad to hear he's settled down and back on track. 

There's been talk of a 4th movie for years. But I don’t think it would be the same without the complete gang.

R.I.P Ryan Dunn 

Actually they are currently filming a Jack-Ass 4...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Personal collecting goals exactly. I just traded my single lenti of Drive from manta for a sealed copy of the Mondo Drive. The manta might technically be worth more right now - and the Steelbook itself is gorgeous - but I’m looking for a complete Mondo collection, and lentis don’t quite do it for me. So for me it was an even trade. 

@Christopher

It’s definitely an even trade in my opinion, because how you want your collection to be is more important than just having rare items just for the hell of it. I own that Mondo release of Drive, it is really nice, & considering that it’s an older release it might be worth just as much if not more than the Manta’s release. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neil21Harris said:

am debating trading my Interstellar HDZeta OC for Dunkirk UHD Club + Gladiator EverythingBlu 

I love hdzeta. They are my favourite retailer and Interstellar is a great film to me. It would sell on ebay for really big money, especially when sealed. 

I dont think I could let it go. And if I did I'd want good money for it unless I was selling to a friend at mates rates.

But its yours to do with as you wish. The only person who needs to be ok with it is you. And like @Hollywood E Rock said, holes in  personal collections need filling and makes you happier than just owning a rare title for the sake of it.

I'm still hunting down a few old titles that slipped through the net so if your happy with it, go with it 👍

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2021/film/news/bam-margera-jackass-4-videos-meltdown-1234908713/amp/

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Squeegie McGee said:

Actually they are currently filming a Jack-Ass 4...

I did hear rumours recently that Jackass 4 was going ahead, but didn't think much of it as there's been talk for years....

But that's brilliant to hear. I will deffo be going to see it in cinema ... and nothing will put me off my popcorn 🍿 🤣

Edited by RileyLad
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neil21Harris said:

Hey!!!  I need some desperate advice....

I am debating trading my Interstellar HDZeta OC for Dunkirk UHD Club + Gladiator EverythingBlu 

am I a fool?  I have all other Gladiator premiums except EB, and I have Interstellar UHD Club which is amazing. 

Need some advice 

I mean I would make that trade if I had Gladiator EB. I think dollar wise the other guy would be making out better, but it all depends on what you're collecting. I want to have all the Hdzeta Gold Boxsets someday so I would just because it gets me closer to that goal. 

• Like 3

Just now, SilentasKnight said:

Speaking of trading I have someone who wants to trade me Black Barons The Wolverine for my Dunkirk UHDClub. What does everybody think about that deal? 

It would be great if we had the classifieds up because trading is a neat way to get previous releases without shelling out hundreds of dollars. 

Depends which one you like more, I’m not a Wolverine fan & I enjoy Dunkirk a lot! :)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SilentasKnight said:

Speaking of trading I have someone who wants to trade me Black Barons The Wolverine for my Dunkirk UHDClub

I'm not a big fan of Wolverine myself. And stop me if I'm wrong but BB Wolverine is only a WWA steelbook in it. 

I think UHDCLUB Dunkirk is the better edition. Also all UHD Club editions are going up in value with each release and getting harder to find.

But theres no right answer and its yours to do with as you wish. 

And don't forget, it would get you one closer to the black barons treasure hunter award 🤣

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, SilentasKnight said:

Speaking of trading I have someone who wants to trade me Black Barons The Wolverine for my Dunkirk UHDClub. What does everybody think about that deal? 

It would be great if we had the classifieds up because trading is a neat way to get previous releases without shelling out hundreds of dollars. 

agreed trading is a good way of swapping your collection to what you want without money changing hands as well im surprised a trade board of that type has not been created here on mp.

unless john see's some sort of issue we have not all thought about?

maybe it will come with a bit of time.

basil 👍

• Like 5

Got a question hopefully some admins (or whoever knows) can answer this question for me?
Apparently some OC's arrive at an US HUB from there they are send to all the GB participants.
From what Premium Label do all the orders arrive at a US HUB?

Weet, Novamedia, Blufans, Hdzeta, manta lab?

I am looking to cut down on shipping costs and if the items are gonna be shipped to a US HUB anyway....
 might as well use my Florida address and from there ship it to my country.

Edited by Billy Talent
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SilentasKnight said:

@SilentasKnight

How many copies of Dunkirk do you already own? If you have multiple copies & don’t mind parting ways with one then it could be a good trade. Another question is do you need The Wolverine in your collection? Have you been collecting the X-Men releases from Filmarena (Black Barons)? If so & Wolverine is a hole in your collection the trade maybe worth it. Or if you just like one movie over the other. I personally don’t like The Wolverine so it would be a no go for me, but if you liked it more than Dunkirk than it could be worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Billy Talent said:

Got a question hopefully some admins can answer this question for me?
Apparently some OC's arrive at an US HUB from there they are send to all the GB participants.
From what Premium Label do all the orders arrive at a US HUB?

Weet, Novamedia, Blufans, Hdzeta, manta lab?

I am looking to cut down on shipping costs and if the items are gonna be shipped to a US HUB anyway....
 might as well use my Florida address and from there ship it to my country.

suggest you PM masterblaster he is US hub and he would be able to discuss that with you if possible

basil 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@SilentasKnight

How many copies of Dunkirk do you already own? If you have multiple copies & don’t mind parting ways with one then it could be a good trade. Another question is do you need The Wolverine in your collection? Have you been collecting the X-Men releases from Filmarena (Black Barons)? If so & Wolverine is a hole in your collection the trade maybe worth it. Or if you just like one movie over the other. I personally don’t like The Wolverine so it would be a no go for me, but if you liked it more than Dunkirk than it could be worth it.

I have two, so it would be an extra copy. I was holding onto it to possibly trade for previous UHDClub releases that I missed out on. Like the other Nolan releases, Gladiator and probably some editions I haven't even seen pictures of yet. I am interested in The Wolverine for a couple reasons. First I do like the movie. It wouldn't just be a number in the collection. I think I have about 13 BB editions and it would be nice to complete the collection someday. Since it's a newer line it seems attainable, unlike some of the older companies that have been around for a long time. I have all the Fox X-men films on regular Steelbook in my collection. It sure would be sweet to have all the FAC BB editions someday though. The only way I could see it happening is if someone decided to stop collecting and wanted to get rid of their whole collection. Who knows, hopefully I have many more years ahead of me and  I might just get lucky 😁

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Basil said:

agreed trading is a good way of swapping your collection to what you want without money changing hands as well im surprised a trade board of that type has not been created here on mp.

unless john see's some sort of issue we have not all thought about?

maybe it will come with a bit of time.

basil 👍

This seems like a fun/great idea for us here on MP... having just a trade thread for members seems doable! :)

🦊 @Basil would you want to bring up this topic in our “Guardians” thread? 🧐 

It seems every time I pipe up w/ an idea 💡 it gets tossed out 🤔 

Lonely The Simpsons GIF

Or I’m sent to the principal’s office 🤣 

charlie brown GIF by Peanuts

Or I’m in the...

Sleepy Snow Day GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 2

@Veum you forget im no longer a guardian but im sure @Hollywood E Rock may if you ask him nicely, try to put it forward but at the end of the day its john decision.

and he would be the one that needs convincing and he would be the one that would sort it out if he agreed to it.

edward is probably has far more eloquence than i do, anyway in that respect and there for may better your chances maybe.

im just a normal humble member now.

hope it helps

basil 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Basil said:

@Veum you forget im no longer a guardian but im sure @Hollywood E Rock may if you ask him nicely, try to put it forward but at the end of the day its john decision.

and he would be the one that needs convincing and he would be the one that would sort it out if he agreed to it.

edward is probably has far more eloquence than i do, anyway in that respect and there for may better your chances maybe.

im just a normal humble member now.

hope it helps

basil 👍

Don’t worry 🦊 @Basil you’ll always be a good friend of mine that I enjoy & I guess I keep forgetting you are not still a guardian! 😏

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3