IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

39 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@Grendel a.k.a The Ancient One

Type of affiliation - Chairman of MPEC (Media Psychos Elders Committee)

Every self respecting organization holds within its ranks a select group of wisemen who act as secret advisors to the top brass.

Traditionally, the position of chairman is held by the oldest member, in this case Grendel a.k.a The Ancient One. Not much is known about this elusive figure, except for his military background and Canadian heritage.

Along with his fellow Elders @DodgyDave @CAYENNE-FAHRER and @Veum he brings much needed stability to MP and can always be depended on to act as the voice of reason in times of turmoil, heh.

KiKNPl7.png

• Like 3

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤good morning here, good day there... Veum here!🤠

HAPPY MONDAY!🙂

6641862E-5430-4D3F-BCE8-00AD65D6B41D.thumb.jpeg.e13db6855c342573b7fa2292a7c4e096.jpeg

Folks, I I hope your day has started well for you... I’m headed to Best Buy this morning to have them fix my iPad keyboard, we will see, talk later friends!😘

3602BB03-8F46-469D-9588-08B3FA3B3596.thumb.jpeg.c8ad84216ded0c5db247068400714d2b.jpeg

Folks, back from my little trip to Best Buy and they are going to order me a new Logi keyboard in about 3 wks. Time!🙂

I do not enjoy using the iPad keyboard itself, I like the Logi keyboard!🙂

Now what can I do for you my friends, I’m back!!😇

old statler and waldorf GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Folks, back from my little trip to Best Buy and they are going to order me a new Logi keyboard in about 3 wks. Time!🙂

I do not enjoy using the iPad keyboard itself, I like the Logi keyboard!🙂

Now what can I do for you my friends, I’m back!!😇

old statler and waldorf GIF

3 weeks time to order a keyboard remind me never to shop there.

can you not just get a refund on that keyboard and order from somewhere else?

basil 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

well my midway steelbook from amazon turned up today, my pile is slowing growing for my 6 weeks off.

so we have

jojo rabbit

ford vs ferrari

midway

next few days

shazam

the dark tower

watchmen

im thinking if im lucky could end up with hopefully another 20 more by time it all comes round. xD

basil  :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

well my midway steelbook from amazon turned up today, my pile is slowing growing for my 6 weeks off.

Picked up midway too @Basil I hope it's decent. I spoke about being unsure an 'action war' film only being a 12. Not that I want blood and guts everywhere but I hope it's not just constant CGI planes the whole time lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robertm89 said:

Picked up midway too @Basil I hope it's decent. I spoke about being unsure an 'action war' film only being a 12. Not that I want blood and guts everywhere but I hope it's not just constant CGI planes the whole time lol. 

well going in blind on this is a reboot of orginal film but from what i have read around its supposed to be quite good and there are some reasonable actors in it not all nobodys so ill have a punt on this.

but you never can tell, just keep my fingers crossed

basil 👍

• Like 4

Morning everyone;

Hope everyone's week is starting off on the right foot.

Sadly i missed out on the good conversation going on over the weekend. I am in the same boat as @Hollywood E Rock, i am in the millennial category. Although im going to go in a different direction, im a proud Millennial in the sense that i want to be a part of the wave of innovation! I was lucky to have parents that pushed me but allowed me to make my own decisions. I went to University and graduated with my Accounting Degree, wrote my CPA and CA Exams, and passed.

I'm now running my own practice that i just bought since the previous owner has retired. Its a great place to be, i have 3 other accountants and then 10 JR's who assist with booking, preparing T4 tax returns etc.

This is the busiest time of the year, February-May; Taxes are due and people tend to file late or never do them at all. Not everyone needs an Accountant to prepare their own return but we work with a lot of Businesses and also now help individuals with their investments and portfolios so its crazy. I was at the office until midnight almost all of last week.

Every year my Dad, 3 brothers, 2 brother in-laws, my dads best friend and his 2 sons; take a trip to attend NCAA College basketball March Madness Tournament in the middle of March. We leave a week from Wednesday and its one of the best trips ive ever been on. Every year we pick a different city where the venue is being held. Some of the Cities we've traveled to for the tournament -- Orlando Flordia, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, Chicago Illinois, Jacksonville Flordia, Dallas Texas, Portland Oregon, etc. The trips is a blast because its a father son trip with my family and my dads best friend brings his 2 sons. We spend 2 days watching the 1st and 2nd rounds of the tournament in the stadium, its about 6 games. Then the rest of the days we are doing activities like theme parks, segway tours etc. Its so much fun to get away from the busy tax season. This year we are going to St Louis Missouri, i cant wait! The games we watch are always competitive and often there are upset so it makes it fun. We normally don't pick the city based on the teams playing, we try to go to cities that we havent been to before. 

Anyway Keep up the chat, its always a blast to see what everyone is up to. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Basil said:

well my midway steelbook from amazon turned up today,

1 hour ago, Robertm89 said:

Picked up midway too

Me three....

Mines from HMV....

Take it yours all looked like this one with the cardboard slip?

19FEB71A-99E9-4CC9-A9FD-54E1F5319A34.thumb.jpeg.ffe6fcf9b2a4d2a0ae2587420d286a51.jpeg

Theres are four different Steelbooks out for this film! 

Personally I think the FNAC one is the best, Target exclusive close second.

What are your thoughts guys? I kinda like the plastic slips too (like the mondo ones!)

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Me three....

Mines from HMV....

Take it yours all looked like this one with the cardboard slip?

19FEB71A-99E9-4CC9-A9FD-54E1F5319A34.thumb.jpeg.ffe6fcf9b2a4d2a0ae2587420d286a51.jpeg

Theres are four different Steelbooks out for this film! 

What are your thoughts guys? I kinda like the plastic slips too (like the mondo ones!

🥤🙂🤠Yeah guys, I have these 2:

6EA87B99-63D3-4D67-9F52-C238D7B800DA.thumb.jpeg.476c3a0448156c8ad0422663c059a8fa.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Hadn't seen the FNAC one until you mentioned it but it don't look that different to that one from what I can see. That target one is nice. Shame we can't get delivery over to here. @Veum get them bought for us and sent over 😂😂😂 

• Like 1