IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

Hmmmmm... Good subject @Robertm89

The Last Jedi is def a contender, but mainly because I enjoyed Rogue One so had high hopes it would naturally follow in the same vein.

Another would be Batman Vs. Superman, but the latest movie for me (Which I did still enjoy) that I had high hopes for was Captain Marvel. It completely dive bombed at the end. Also didn’t like the cameo in End Game either..... She can only better.... right? 🤞🏼😆

• Like 3

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pbsw23 said:

Hmmmmm... Good subject @Robertm89

The Last Jedi is def a contender, but mainly because I enjoyed Rogue One so had high hopes it would naturally follow in the same vein.

Another would be Batman Vs. Superman, but the latest movie for me (Which I did still enjoy) that I had high hopes for was Captain Marvel. It completely dive bombed at the end. Also didn’t like the cameo in End Game either..... She can only better.... right? 🤞🏼😆

Cheers mate @Pbsw23 I'm in the minority on 2 things here. Never been a star wars fan so can't comment. Me and @RileyLad have had this conversation many a time 😂😂. I actually enjoyed captain marvel it was fun and a filler before endgame which I think it was supposed to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Cheers mate @Pbsw23 I'm in the minority on 2 things here. Never been a star wars fan so can't comment. Me and @RileyLad have had this conversation many a time 😂😂. I actually enjoyed captain marvel it was fun and a filler before endgame which I think it was supposed to be. 

Thats the thing, I’m not much of a Star Wars fan either! I thought the Force Awakens Just fell apart after 30mins, but then I didn’t have high hopes for it in the first place. I was so pleasantly by surprised Rogue One, that I stupidly allowed my expectations to rise for the Last Jedi! 😂😂

I’d also agree Capt. Marvel was fun. I’ll watch it again for sure, being such a staunch Marvel head, but they just rushed the whole “Look how powerful I am” part at the end. It all got a bit silly for me.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Thats the thing, I’m not much of a Star Wars fan either! I thought the Force Awakens Just fell apart after 30mins, but then I didn’t have high hopes for it in the first place. I was so pleasantly by surprised Rogue One, that I stupidly allowed my expectations to rise for the Last Jedi! 😂😂

I’d also agree Capt. Marvel was fun. I’ll watch it again for sure, being such a staunch Marvel head, but they just rushed the whole “Look how powerful I am” part at the end. It all got a bit silly for me.

I haven't even tried to watch any of the newer star wars ones. Just a mate goes on and on about the older ones so I tried one or 2 and fell asleep. And I never fall asleep when watching something I like 😂😂 and I get what you mean. Marvel geeks r us tho so don't like to talk negatively about it 😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Totally agree with that one too @ukade2327  When I seen Shane black was on board I thought he knows predator he won't stop using inappropriate language it up and it was pretty poor. But like you I still own 2 copy's of it 😂😂

That is exactly why this forums called ..Media Psychos....🤪🤪.....🤣......

• Like 1

@Basil

The Matrix was groundbreaking . 

Yet the sequels let it down. Maybe filming back to back and as they realised  close together it lost some of the expectation we get with a movie series .

It has bugged me for ages that movies get like football scores. 

Originality  no one knows what to do with it .

It seems like it its either a wave of distaste  

Or 

A wave of rapture. 

I remember when The Terminator first came out  .

Main stream  rubbished it. 

Fans took it to heart and spread the word .

Casting is a big part of any movie . Nail that and magic happens 😁

• Like 2

coffee.gif I was watching the documentary of Master of Dark Shadows tonight and it got me to reminiscing of my childhood in 1966 when I would rush off the school bus at around 4PM to watch Dark Shadowsicon_biggrin.gif

I am on DISC 33 (out of 131 Discs wow!) & will start watching Episodes 291-300 August 7 - 18 1967... I always seem to get more in the mood around this time of the season!! 

Here is my massive coffin of the TV series Dark Shadows & a little memorabilia!!! 

Veum bitenails.gif

29 minutes ago, Veum said:

coffee.gif I was watching the documentary of Master of Dark Shadows tonight and it got me to reminiscing of my childhood in 1966 when I would rush off the school bus at around 4PM to watch Dark Shadowsicon_biggrin.gif

I am on DISC 33 (out of 131 Discs wow!) & will start watching Episodes 291-300 August 7 - 18 1967... I always seem to get more in the mood around this time of the season!! 

Here is my massive coffin of the TV series Dark Shadows & a little memorabilia!!! 

Veum bitenails.gif

Sorry it did not show up ^above... do not know why though *confused* I think the edit went array!

DS.jpg.2be43acd9f437b43a253d215bdf4d4dc.jpg

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Veum said:

Sorry it did not show up ^above... do not know why though *confused* I think the edit went array!

DS.jpg.2be43acd9f437b43a253d215bdf4d4dc.jpg

Dark Shadows i did not jnow much about until the Johnny Depp movie.

IF I ever get round to getting something other than free to air TV  or get the time to get a set of disks  it is something I'm  curious  about 😁👍.

Great things we love from when we where younger  still transport us back to that time ❤❤

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scary Hair said:

Dark Shadows i did not jnow much about until the Johnny Depp movie.

IF I ever get round to getting something other than free to air TV  or get the time to get a set of disks  it is something I'm  curious  about 😁👍.

Great things we love from when we where younger  still transport us back to that time ❤❤

coffee.gif Hey @Scary Hair, The Johnny Depp was a major let down for me, I did not like it at all. sick.gif

I really wish this one would have taken off on TV, unfortunately it lasted only that year because the Gulf War was televised on every station here in the USA. They did not even give it a proper go, it was well done IMHO!

I own it also! :)

9375_large.jpg?t=1319348316

I had/have a crush on the actress Joanna Going who played Victoria Winters in this, she was/is so beautiful! icon_biggrin.gif

screen.jpg&f=1

Veum bitenails.gif

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Very excited to see these new pictures for Weet Bohemian Rhapsody. Thanks to @ksosk for posting these on Facebook for us to see !!!

I know someone else who will be as happy as I am @Scary Hair - enjoy

So glad you gave me the nod that it’s ok to double dip too 😂

212A21C1-E0B2-424D-BF05-BAF832D1E179.thumb.jpeg.09dbadd9661cbc73e1df26424f5e2da5.jpeg

C02C5357-C58F-4FC9-8E05-9295AB04DC88.thumb.jpeg.573638e20ed53bde0e1bb2b3b394cc60.jpeg

Double dip is dedication 😛😛🤣🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

For everyone who did not notice yet.

HDZeta will be doing a WEA Steelbook for Shazam and our "To Update" Group Buy is already open here

Steelbook Design

1759261906_HDZetaShazamSteelbook.jpg.baed1bfd399031e9c07095c6357a99cb.jpg

Also Filmarena released the Beauty Shot for

A Star is Born - Filmarena cOllection - Media Psychos

Well just yesterday I said I need to calm it down and sometimes learn to say no or I'll pass.... But guess what I'm in and I'm in 😂😂😂 so rob really needs too..

giphy (23).gif

• Haha 3

@extantsrevenge well done hdzeta did not now, now i do xD

one thing you do need be aware of the gb page is showing some words up all in white on a white screen for me.

Please select your edition from the options below. If there are as yet unconfirmed editaions, you will be prompted to update your request with a revised form when those options are known.

Please check the GB thread for confirmation your request has been submitted before trying to resubmit!

it needs changing to black

basil :)

Edited by Basil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody have a particular actor/actress they can't believe still get lead roles/ big roles in movies when there not very good. Most movies are poor. 

For me it's GERARD BUTLER.  Don't rate him or most of the movies he's in. Always the same crap. 

Come on guys must be someone you think is crap but still hangs about it movies 😂😂 

@RileyLad @extantsrevenge @Pbsw23 @Scary Hair @Basil @DodgyDave @bearlol @ukade2327 @Benoit46 @blu.steel33 @ksosk @deckard99 @icewire @R1s1ngs0n @thomue1987 @45Caliber

tenor (9).gif

• Like 2

@Robertm89 I can think of a couple

Ryan Gosling - he usually plays in very good movies but his acting mostly consists of the same, either with little dialogue or VERY little dialogue.

I think he should do more comedies, he was quite excellent in The Good Guys.

Marion Cotillard - I am French and I just cannot understand what everybody sees in her.

Even without that TDKR embarrassment I couldn’t understand, still can’t.

• Like 2