IGNORED

Media Psychos European Cup Challenge

extantsrevenge

Italy wanted to go to penalties and I predicted they would win the shootout. Very harsh on Spain and poor Morata (wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now). 

Based on this match alone Spain richly deserved to go to the final but Italy has once again shown they have what it takes to reach the highest stage, even when underperforming.

And that last penalty was pure class 😍

• Like 5

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 3 Minuten schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

Italy wanted to go to penalties and I predicted they would win the shootout. Very harsh on Spain and poor Morata (wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now). 

Based on this match alone Spain richly deserved to go to the final but Italy has once again shown they have what it takes to reach the highest stage, even when underperforming.

And that last penalty was pure class 😍

With penalties there is always some luck involved. Somtimes the keeper just chooses the same corner you choose. A penalty always has 20% to 30% miss chance, it's not real football, that's why I hate penalties. Olmo and Morata missed but they were the reason they were still in this. On another day if spain didn't lose the coin toss, spain would have won. There is a study that proves the following correlation: whoever wins the coin toss has a significant higher chance of winning the shootout.

• Like 1

Already from the penalty shootout, Italy started with an advantage when Chiellini (who knows all) that the draw was repeated and managed to choose the goal of the Italian fans.

And it seems incredible that the goalkeeper coach of Spain does not know Jorginho's talent and shooting technique on penalties, when that style of shooting should bear his name.

GIF by Chelsea FC

• Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb Noir21:

Already from the penalty shootout, Italy started with an advantage when Chiellini (who knows all) that the draw was repeated and managed to choose the goal of the Italian fans.

And it seems incredible that the goalkeeper coach of Spain does not know Jorginho's talent and shooting technique on penalties, when that style of shooting should bear his name.

GIF by Chelsea FC

Correct, according to this study, Italy has an average of 20% (60% vs 40%) advantage over spain: https://www.mpg.de/17126111/coin-toss-influences-penalty-shootout

• Like 3

vor 11 Minuten schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

So now only 4 participants left with a chance to scoop the bonus points for winner of this Euro:

A Frenchman, a German and an Englishman who bet on Italy to win and another German who bet on England to win... patriotism at its finest 😁

208ed81c-c7de-43a5-bab6-e683aeadab7a_tex

And multiple Germans betting on England having the player with most goals :D

If Kane or Sterling win Golden Boot, I will probably not finish top 3 any more haha

Edited by 4kiraL
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

So now only 4 participants left with a chance to scoop the bonus points for winner of this Euro:

A Frenchman, a German and an Englishman who bet on Italy to win and another German who bet on England to win... patriotism at its finest

I guess they knew that you have to throw patriotsm overboard when it comes to collect points for predictions. And there is still a small chance that those 4 may go away empty-handed with a danish surprise....

• Like 4

vor 3 Minuten schrieb pluto57:

I guess they knew that you have to throw patriotsm overboard when it comes to collect points for predictions. And there is still a small chance that those 4 may go away empty-handed with a danish surprise....

I believe in Denmark from start to finish. But England haven't won a title for so long. I think both would be worthy finalists.

• Like 5

It was a great first semifinal: intense, fun, with emotion, and a noble fight.

I think Spain has had a great tournament, and it has gone much further than many people expected, even in Spain.

Spain could have gone to the final ... but it's also true that in the entire championship our team have only won one game in 90 minutes, and have had a few own goals in their favor.

I 'm happy. Good championship, you can't ask for more. Nor do I think this is the time to regret. It's obvious that we are not one of the two best teams. In fact, even being one of the top four seems like a great result to me.

3 hours ago, 4kiraL said:

Morata best Redemption Arc in TV and Cinema history.

You spoke too fast. Morata never disappoints, if he doesn't break something when he comes, he does it when he leaves, but he does.

It's also an incredible talent. 

It doesn't matter what he do, and what he try. He's the one chosen to bring the imbalance to the force.

Jokes aside, he's a good player but... not a great player. I think. 

And good luck to the italian Psychos in the final. It will be a great game vs. England, a great team :) 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

A Frenchman, a German and an Englishman who bet on Italy to win and another German who bet on England to win... patriotism at its finest 😁

And only 11 players who can get those damn Bonus Points for Golden boot 🥶

6 hours ago, 4kiraL said:

And multiple Germans betting on England having the player with most goals :D

If Kane or Sterling win Golden Boot, I will probably not finish top 3 any more haha

7 England, 2 Italy and your favorite

Angry Natural World GIF by BBC Earth and skunk GIF

predicted Portugal 😃

My Final chance to get Bonus Points, if I don't get them the complete Game will be

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

That sound suspiciously like something someone who was dumped out of the tournament would say… 🤔😂

and which German predicted England to win?! That is Seriously Ballsy! 🤞🏼😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1