BD_O_2425477f-d0c4-43fa-94cc-af6128ed466

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I like about this release is Fullslip A. The steel doesn't look great tbh so I'm perfectly content with my soon to arrive Criterion edition, which for my money is the best release for this film so far (don't care that it doesn't have 4K).

CJ Entertainment will also release a digipak edition for this movie (Blu-ray only)

71-E5-BA10-2-D9-C-445-D-90-C3-3-B96668-D

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Only thing I like about this release is Fullslip A. The steel doesn't look great tbh so I'm perfectly content with my soon to arrive Criterion edition, which for my money is the best release for this film so far (don't care that it doesn't have 4K).

CJ Entertainment will also release a digipak edition for this movie (Blu-ray only)

When you say best release, I presume you are referring to all the extras, Director approved interviews / commentary etc .

I am guessing you did not mean picture quality. The 4k release would still be better on that front 

44 minutes ago, Parzival said:

I see thanks. Any idea if the essay booklet will be in English

Surprised Plain Archive have not come out with this

I asked  Plain Archive about this a few months ago, and they replied that -unfortunately- they didn't have the rights to distribute this film.

As for these beauty shots, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't take more care in this release: the art they use is recycled from other releases associated with the film. In my case the one I like the most is the "A" option, and that art is the same as an Sacred Bones OST edition on vinyl.

sbr247-parasite-1800-r0_medium.jpg

It's strange that being the most awarded film and with the greatest impact in the history of Korean cinema, it took so long to release it, and that they didn't make something "a little more special".

I was hoping I could buy a limited edition superbomb from Korea.

If these are going to be the only options, I have to think about it. I like A better, but I want to see if the book includes English or only Korean. 

The pity is that at least they have not made a One-click in a nice box. 

What I have no doubt is that it's a good release, but for a "usual" movie of any year, not for a movie that is the greatest success of your history.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

@Parzival @Casiusco at the moment we do not have info on the language the booklet will have. My guess would be korean only, but nothing confirmed. Injoingan is no revealing so much info. @ksosk is trying to find out, but I'm not sure if we will have an answer.

Do not wait to long with joining the GB.

• Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi guys,

- There is no black and white version in disc

- not sure if essay booklet has english language but since Injoingan does t cater to international

market, the book is very likely in Korean only

- The fullslips are between $50-55 each and quarterslip in the $40-ish range

The truth is, there really may not be any other premium slip releases of Parasite and I will likely 

have to submit our order by tomorrow.

Please decide as soon as possible and maybe take at least one edition so there's no regrets :)

I've given everyone the warning.

Cheers,

KS

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Parzival said:

@ksosk

Thanks for the update 

Why do you think there will be no further premiums of this film..? 

Intrigued to know why that is.. 

@Parzival

China will not release Parasite. I asked Diskino a couple of months back and there is no license for this film in China.

The big retailers have released theirs and I think all are sold out?

Japan hasn't released any yet except the WWA steelbook, so the only possible ls there, but probably a digipak edition if I were to guess.

Korea is the last stop.

We were all expecting PA definitely.

One thing I really like about the Korean retailers is that they keep their boundaries clear and yet collaborate with one another for a release. This is never seen in other countries!

From what I know, PA assisted with the look of this release 😃

So, this is the best we can get from Korea side.

@Casiusco The issue with big films is that there are alot of investors so the rights to media license may end up being extremely complicated.

It is a shame really not so much that PA is not producing it but rather that Injoingan never use their signature Special Box Set edition like the one for Hacksaw Ridge.

Umania and Injoingan are still very new.

As @xSNAKExPLISSKENxsaid, The Wailing is a beauty 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, ksosk said:

@Parzival

China will not release Parasite. I asked Diskino a couple of months back and there is no license for this film in China.

The big retailers have released theirs and I think all are sold out?

When you say all the big retailers, which ones were these? 

Thanks for clarifying  about PA. I was in-fact going to wait for PA , but now when you say this edition is a collaboration with them, this means no PA release?

I guess Weet / Kimchi  and Novemedia could do a good job..? Surprised they have not touched this film

t Weet seem to be focussed on superhero stuff these days

• ★ Administrators ★
26 minutes ago, Parzival said:

When you say all the big retailers, which ones were these? 

Thanks for clarifying  about PA. I was in-fact going to wait for PA , but now when you say this edition is a collaboration with them, this means no PA release?

I guess Weet / Kimchi  and Novemedia could do a good job..? Surprised they have not touched this film

t Weet seem to be focussed on superhero stuff these days

Big retailers as in those who can manage a WEA printrun like Amazon or Zavvi.

In Korea, if Injoingan takes the license for Parasite, you shouldn't see any other retailers take up the same title unless after a year or 2 later, maybe?

Just look at John Wick! Haha. Only nova can do it.

Yes, Weet has Marvel and Sony, so that is where the focus mainly lies.

• Thanks 3

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, BlackWolf said:

If I am not mistaken, I believe that Parasite has not been shown at all in the cinema in China because of geopolitical tensions with South Korea. 

It could play in the possibility of retailers in China to do sommething.

The possiblity of China releasing it must start with a distributor with the media disc distribution rights.

Currently, there isnt any =(

But speaking of Diskino, they made a very nice interview video with 2 of their founders - @Tristan_Wang included which highlights the importance of digital enhancement of films and the need of physical media!

The whole clip is in mandarin with chinese subtitle.

Give me some time to translate into english subtitle, please. 

The clip is 45min long so it is a painful process but I MUST have everyone watch the interview. It is extremely important!

Woot

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

do you have a link for that digi-pack, i want it,..

• Like 1

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, cryginic said:

do you have a link for that digi-pack, i want it,..

@cryginic The Criterion release is a digipak Parasite (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] !😉

Parasite Blu-ray

DigiPack / 기생충 / GisaengchungCriterion | 2019 | 1 Movie, 2 Cuts | 132 min | Not rated | Oct 27, 2020

image.jpeg.d16d4a0fe25392b92caf77c8083dcb98.jpeg