Scary Hair

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LIFE - 7/10

I know I am late to the party :)

This is one of the greatest scifi-horror (I love that genre) movies I can think of. Thrilling soundtrack along with beautifully shot scenes. I was at the edge of my seat most of the time (really).

I highly recommend this movie if you like movies like "Alien" or "The Thing".

I am praying for a sequel :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, PRIAPISM said:

LIFE - 7/10

I know I am late to the party :)

This is one of the greatest scifi-horror (I love that genre) movies I can think of. Thrilling soundtrack along with beautifully shot scenes. I was at the edge of my seat most of the time (really).

I highly recommend this movie if you like movies like "Alien" or "The Thing".

I am praying for a sequel :)

I really enjoyed this as well! I was afraid watching the trailers it would be way to much like Alien, but I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't 

• Like 2

Atomic Blonde 6/10

Could have been much better :(

I did not like the storytelling (too many flash backs/forwards) and I was a little annoyed by the "use" of the music (not the title choice). Disappointing because I was really looking forward to this one.

Moonlight 8.5/10

Almost a perfect movie which I would highly recommend. I don't have anything to complain except for the 1st act which was a little slow paced.

I realise I like most movies that portrait people over several years (Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, Boyhood etc):D

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Your Name 10/10

what a wonderful, beautiful and marvelous looking movie. I loved it, I had high expectations and they were meet and then exceeded. Makoto Shinkai is awesome. Also the UK Steelbook Edition is simply fantastic. Must have for any Anime Fan and Fan of good Movies. Really sad that these movies never get the kind of attention they deserve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Abyss 5 Out Of 5 

So needs a massive upscale a all singing all dancing re realise on all formats with the extended cut being able to choose the version like Camerons T2 and Avatar .

The Piper 3.5  out of 5

South Korean Horror a take on the Pied Pyper Of Hamlin story . Chilling and well composed a brilliant example of how horror should be done .

Last movie I watched was Blade Runner 2049. Got it on 4k bluray, but I never saw the original so I purchased that in 4k bluray as well and watched before 2049. 

Blade Runner: 3.5/5  - Enjoyed this movie overall, and the 4k remastering was very well done. Besides the dated effects, the picture quality looked as though it could've been filmed today.

Blade Runner 2049: 4.5/10 - Really enjoyed this one. Visually stunning. Not a single scene in this movie didn't make my eyes pop out from how well shot and setup everything looked. Effects/CGI were top notch. Soundtrack was amazing. Ryan Gosling did a great job in his role.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

20 minutes ago, ImNotaReplicant said:

Cemetery of Splendor 5 out of 5

Weerasethakul is a great director. It was a breath of fresh air to watch this film.

Not seen this, but like a lot Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives...so have to check this one out !

• Like 1

Am 27.1.2018 um 06:29 schrieb Sheikah:

Last movie I watched was Blade Runner 2049. Got it on 4k bluray, but I never saw the original so I purchased that in 4k bluray as well and watched before 2049. 

Blade Runner: 3.5/5  - Enjoyed this movie overall, and the 4k remastering was very well done. Besides the dated effects, the picture quality looked as though it could've been filmed today.

Blade Runner 2049: 4.5/10 - Really enjoyed this one. Visually stunning. Not a single scene in this movie didn't make my eyes pop out from how well shot and setup everything looked. Effects/CGI were top notch. Soundtrack was amazing. Ryan Gosling did a great job in his role.

The original Blade Runner is one of those movies that grow more on me with every rewatch. I didn't like it at first but after all the time I give it a 9/10.

Blade Runner 2049 is a big fat 10 to me! :D

• Like 1

Just now, PRIAPISM said:

The original Blade Runner is one of those movies that grow more on me with every rewatch. I didn't like it at first but after all the time I give it a 9/10.

Blade Runner 2049 is a big fat 10 to me! :D

I just realized that I put 4.5/10 instead of 4.5/5! Woops! Definitely didn't think it was 4.5/10 hahaha 

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
On 31.1.2018 at 8:09 PM, PRIAPISM said:

That must be thing with Blade Runner. I mean I thought it was a good movie when I saw it first (a long time ago), after that I had a phase where I liked it a little less, But now, every time I see the movie it get's better and better. I made the ultimate expierence in the last few years starting with the first cut on the 30th anniversary and ending with The Final Cut on the 35th Anniversary (with 1 year break). And I have to say it is 10/10 all the way Masterpiece for me.

• Like 1

vor 13 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

That must be thing with Blade Runner. I mean I thought it was a good movie when I saw it first (a long time ago), after that I had a phase where I liked it a little less, But now, every time I see the movie it get's better and better. I made the ultimate expierence in the last few years starting with the first cut on the 30th anniversary and ending with The Final Cut on the 35th Anniversary (with 1 year break). And I have to say it is 10/10 all the way Masterpiece for me.

It might be a 10/10 for me as well after one more watch :)

Did you know that it is Christopher Nolans all-time favourite movie? :)

Edited by PRIAPISM