Scary Hair

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

American Made.  7/10

I enjoyed this movie.  

Not a typical action packed Tom Cruise movie where he is the action.  But there is a fair amount of action that happens around him. 

I think this is the type of movie that should have been 2.5 -3 hours long.  

They have compressed the story well but as I said it could easily have been a 3 hour movie and I would have no problem watching it. 

Recommended! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brawl in Cell Block 99.  

9/10

This movie took me by surprise.  I wasn't ready for the type of person Vince Vaughn portrayed. 

Hi is pure evil.  

Absolute no sense of remorse for what he does, tough to the bone and vicious! 

I had a bit of a tough time with some of the story only because it brought back some bad memories in my earlier years. 

A very dark movie full of bad intentions. 

Recommended. 

Kingpin copy.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Kingpin I watched this a while ago and had the same thoughts , some e of the scenes even made me squirm .....I think you will know the ones I mean ........after watching this I see him in a totally different light ....... He's a total badass  in this movie and as you said was a total surprise ...it wasn't the movie I was expecting but I totally enjoyed it ....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

@Kingpin I watched this a while ago and had the same thoughts , some e of the scenes even made me squirm .....I think you will know the ones I mean ........after watching this I see him in a totally different light ....... He's a total badass  in this movie and as you said was a total surprise ...it wasn't the movie I was expecting but I totally enjoyed it ....

I can only think of one actor who did this to me.  

Edited by Kingpin

Damn I don't know what happened but my edit time ran out.  

The other actor who made me feel this way was Rodney Dangerfield in Natural Born Killers.  

He was the sexually abusive father to Mallory.  

It was real weird seeing a person I know as a comedian playing that role. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tuntematon Sotilas (Unknown Soldier, 2017)

Finally got to see this one :

8 1/2 out of 10

Good : very well made - nothing to be shy vs. UK or US productions IMO, lots n lots of  war/action scenes (running time 3 hrs), well acted characters : bad that you hate, good that you root for.

Bad : saving private ryan and thin red line are obviously watched by director, time line very long (based of true story) - so jumps some times without warning.

Ugly : wonder how Eng Subs are translated when blu-ray is released.

Additional : As it's long movie has replay value, one just cannot remember everything that happens and action IS good !

Will watch international shorter version later.

@Masterblaster @ukade2327 @DodgyDave @Scary Hair @extantsrevenge ...and other war movie fans !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Tuntematon Sotilas (Unknown Soldier, 2017)

Finally got to see this one :

8 1/2 out of 10

Good : very well made - nothing to be shy vs. UK or US productions IMO, lots n lots of  war/action scenes (running time 3 hrs), well acted characters : bad that you hate, good that you root for.

Bad : saving private ryan and thin red line are obviously watched by director, time line very long (based of true story) - so jumps some times without warning.

Ugly : wonder how Eng Subs are translated when blu-ray is released.

Additional : As it's long movie has replay value, one just cannot remember everything that happens and action IS good !

Will watch international shorter version later.

@Masterblaster @ukade2327 @DodgyDave @Scary Hair @extantsrevenge ...and other war movie fans !

Watched this as well.

7/10: the similarity with Thin Red Line disturbed me, that ruined the experience for me.

But I'll watch this again when a little bit of time has passed.

My personal favorite version of this film is the original one which was made in 1955.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrsXena said:

Watched this as well.

7/10: the similarity with Thin Red Line disturbed me, that ruined the experience for me.

But I'll watch this again when a little bit of time has passed.

My personal favorite version of this film is the original one which was made in 1955.

To be honest, it's not THAT similar with TRL. No voices over all the time, no flashs back all the time, not that meta-pseudo, but much more forward action war movie. Yes sure, few shots of nature and animals, only couple of voice overs, couple of flash backs - nothing more. And I love TRL more than SPR. And this is more SPR.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Snowpeicer  10 Out of 5

YES THAT GOOD !!.

AT long last finally I have seen it . So underrated a SOLID cast Director and story .

Chris Evans, Told a Swinton ,John Hurt Ed Harris  yet again shows thire true quality.

Octavia Spencer a revolution the same as Song Kang-ho .

Brutal , Thrilling , Frightening .

The Director Bong Joon-ho give THE MAN ANY Movie to film with style and grace that I have not seen in an age .

If you have not checked it out yet Psychos you are missing a treat ??❤❤

The Collection has begun YES THAT GOOD . 

tenor.gif?itemid=3527167

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched Wonder Woman and a couple others tonight.  

Wonder Woman:

I really don't know how to feel about WW to be honest.  

I didn't know what to expect because I never saw any of the trailers. 

I saw her cameo in Dark Knight Rises but that was all.  

The visual and audio aspect was great.  Looks real good at 4K( :p ) and the sound gave my 21" subs a good pounding.  

But somehow the story just didn't do anything for me.  

I found WW to be skeptical and unsure to the point of being annoying in some scenes. 

But on the other hand I also found her powerful and confident in others.  

Her character was all over the place.  

I also found the CGI aspects of the movie to not look very realistic especially when she blows through all the Germans on the airfield in the end.  

It was decent.  Not a movie I would watch again.  

I think it could have been a lot better. 

It gets a 6/10 from me.  

@Scary Hair is going to think I'm nuts but I hated Snowpiercer. 

Snowpiercer:

I found it totally off the wall, and I thought the fight scenes were terribly done.  

It's a movie that I think fantasy and sci-fi lovers will like.  

I really don't have much to say about it really. 

It was disappointing from start to end with a lot of unrealistic scenes.  

It gets a 3/10 from me.  

Must Love Dogs:

Beautifully done and romantic comedy.  

I'm a big fan of John Cusack and I adore Diane Lane the more I see of her.  

I am trying to complete my Cusack library and am about 2/3rds the way there with 25 of his movies.  

Very realistic type of love story.  

The trials and tribulations of internet dating at it's most honest with lies and deception a big part of 2 people getting together.  

Great scene when the 2 want to have sex for the first time but neither have condoms.  A hilarious few minutes transpires as they drive around trying to find an open drug store to find them.  

I think a lot of guys say they hate romance or in this case romance/comedy movies but I think they are liars if the female cast member is such a beautiful woman like Miss Lane.  

I will watch this again many times over.  Great date movie in my books. 

For it's genre type I give it an 8/10 and my seal of approval. 

1915325643_Kingpincopy.jpg.40ccbb4f3d6754c3703f07d4e57d17bd.jpg

Love and Other Drugs:

Another romantic/drama type movie.  

It was totally not what I expected but I was very pleasantly surprised.  

Anne Hathaway's character is not only physically beautiful but mentally and emotionally beautiful as well.  

Her character tugged at my heart strings more then once.  

Same as Jake Gyllenhaal's character.  I felt terrible for him and what he and she put him through during parts of the movie. 

Her disease took a lot out of me the way her personality changes throughout the movie.  

Sometimes I was like you B****, and others I was thinking she was the sweetest person in the world especially when she realized we all need somebody in our life. 

As I've said it was an emotionally draining movie with lot's of ups and downs.  

It's my type of movie and I enjoyed it thoroughly.  

I give it an 8/10 and my seal of approval. 

1915325643_Kingpincopy.jpg.40ccbb4f3d6754c3703f07d4e57d17bd.jpg 

P.S.  I do not get into details when I do this on purpose.  I don't want to give away anything if someone hasn't watched the movie.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Million Dollar Baby 8/10

Watched it this afternoon for the 2nd time. The 1st was when it came out about 10 yrs ago.

I must say this aged really well for me. The movie touched me even more now that I aged myself and with all its sadness it was beautiful in the end.

Eastwoods best movie imo?

Edited by PRIAPISM
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Admiral Thrawn said:

@Scary Hair Snow Piercer 10 of 5? Oh my God, one of the worst movies I have ever seen :/

Solo 3D with hand for the eyes 3 of 5

Finding Dorie 3D ( in the movie you can sleep well, but with beautiful 3D images) 2 of 5

THIS IS what I LOVE about Movies . We ALL take different things away with us on viewing ??.

The gang here will agree I'm not in any way Normal as I don't  follow main stream Super Hero Movies  . Same as Star Wars  0% interest. 

Yet the weird and wonderful and mostly unpopular I tend to like? ?❤❤.

Makes hopping on a GB So much simpler  ?? .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★
31 minutes ago, Admiral Thrawn said:

I can not do anything with all these new films.

The Raid, Snowpiercer, Drive, I do not know! Also these new war movies which play either in Iraq or Afghanistan. No, sorry!

i HAVE to see my war movies ... one of my all time would be Zero Dark Thirty and then (not really a war movie but in the Middle East Conflict ) The Three Kings.

The Raid i have not seen to be honest.  I loved Drive (although it seemed small paced , like Taxi Driver to me). 

Snowpiercer is an interesting Film !

Take Care

John

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Admiral Thrawn said:

@Scary Hair What are your favourite movie or your top 3?

Me as long as I can cheat ??

In NO ORDER

LOTR Extended Trilogy ( that's the cheat ) I can not split the movies. 

The Thing

Snowpiecer 

Now I have double figures on Gladiator ,  Dredd  , Pacific Rim.

Mega soft spots for 

Kinky Boots 

ZDT 

John Wick 

Constantine 

Watchmen

Highlander 

Pathfinder

Strange Days 

And loads more ❤❤

How about you @Admiral Thrawn

???❤❤

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Me as long as I can cheat 1f601.png1f601.png

In NO ORDER

LOTR Extended Trilogy ( that's the cheat ) I can not split the movies. 

The Thing

Snowpiecer 

Now I have double figures on Gladiator ,  Dredd  , Pacific Rim.

Mega soft spots for 

Kinky Boots 

ZDT 

John Wick 

Constantine 

Watchmen

Highlander 

Pathfinder

Strange Days 

And loads more 2764.png2764.png

How about you @Admiral Thrawn

1f60e.png1f917.png1f914.png2764.png2764.png