Rate The Movie You Recently Watched

Scary Hair

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Anyone seen Cloverfield paradox on Netflix yet? If so, how was it? I still haven't seen the second one so I was gonna wait, but I've heard mixed reactions so far.

watched this last night .................Worth a watch if your into the franchise but not very memorable ........too many holes in theplot............certainly not worth a premium edition .......or even amaray  TBH.............watch and forget............

Cloverfield Paradox - 1.5/5

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

watched this last night .................Worth a watch if your into the franchise but not very memorable ........too many holes in theplot............certainly not worth a premium edition .......or even amaray  TBH.............watch and forget............

Ouch! It looks good from the trailers they released too :( May have to watch other AC episode instead ;):)

16 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Anyone seen Cloverfield paradox on Netflix yet? If so, how was it? I still haven't seen the second one so I was gonna wait, but I've heard mixed reactions so far.

I liked it. The 1/5 rating is a little insulting to what was, I give it a 3.5/5 I enjoyed it but it wasn't anything crazy special.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2018 at 10:50 AM, ukade2327 said:

18.gif.846f19d9bf68b027f8b9ceaf319693b0.gif

5a7b0b35c7d30_clapping-hands-emoji-Copy.jpg.62a7a8e14656491411640e4969d0f978.jpg

Unfortunately after all the waiting and hype this was a massive disappointment ........ it started well and looked promising with  good cast but what a terrible script ....

Things happened but with no explanation why it happened and asked questions but never gave an answer ...very disjointed and went nowhere very fast .....what this actually has to do with cloverfield is anyone's guess ..........watch it if you must but don't expect too much ........... you'll see what I mean ....... I gave it an extra .5 ' cause Chris O'Dowd made me laugh with his character.......especially the bit where he ..................................you'll have to watch if you're interested and you'll laugh too...................or maybe float ..............oh wait that's a different movie......

16 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Unfortunately after all the waiting and hype this was a massive disappointment ........ it started well and looked promising with  good cast but what a terrible script ....

Things happened but with no explanation why it happened and asked questions but never gave an answer ...very disjointed and went nowhere very fast .....what this actually has to do with cloverfield is anyone's guess ..........watch it if you must but don't expect too much ........... you'll see what I mean ....... I gave it an extra .5 ' cause Chris O'Dowd made me laugh with his character.......especially the bit where he ..................................you'll have to watch if you're interested and you'll laugh too...................or maybe float ..............oh wait that's a different movie......

Maybe the case is same as with Cloverfield Lane 10. Film was made and afterwards added something to tie it in. Originally it had nothing to do with Cloverfield.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Maybe the case is same as with Cloverfield Lane 10. Film was made and afterwards added something to tie it in. Originally it had nothing to do with Cloverfield.

most likely scenario I agree but at least that was a descent movie .......John Goodman was Ffffrreeeeaaaky...............

• Like 1

On 2/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, ukade2327 said:

Hmm...Fair enough. I've only seen the first Cloverfield movie and I wasn't too big into that either. 

Thanks for the review though!

• Like 1

Awards

Just watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

It gets an 8.5/10 for me. This was just a very simple, clean and pure movie. The plot wasn't super complicated or anything but still very enjoyable. The shots and locations in this movie are breathtaking. I really like Ben Stiller in this...There's just a right amount of subtle humor that goes along fine with the movie overall. 

• Like 2

Awards

2 hours ago, nefilim said:

Valerian and the City of the Thousand Planets : with all it's faults 4 outta 5 ! Fun ride awesome in 4K

You know, I went into that movie expecting the worst because of all the bad reviews. But came out pretty pleasantly surprised. Was the script good? Not really. Was the acting good? Meh. But visually it definitely made up for all that, especially with 4K HDR. I didn't recently watch, was a little while back, but I'd give this movie a 6.5/10 personally. I'm just a really big sucker for pretty sci-fi visuals.

Awards

7 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

You know, I went into that movie expecting the worst because of all the bad reviews. But came out pretty pleasantly surprised. Was the script good? Not really. Was the acting good? Meh. But visually it definitely made up for all that, especially with 4K HDR. I didn't recently watch, was a little while back, but I'd give this movie a 6.5/10 personally. I'm just a really big sucker for pretty sci-fi visuals.

Part of my high score was nostalgia. I used to read Valerian comics as I was I kid. Actually I still have one or two ...

277_BD_box_348x490_original.thumb.jpg.7885299e03e707a76d27c228c1e4f7f5.jpg  Valerian-surullinen-planeetta.thumb.jpg.147a56f0e9de574475e453ac9cc904f4.jpg

...man I feel old ?

@MrsXena !!!

Edited by nefilim

The Master - 8/10

What to say about this movie...I really love Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman. These two definitely make the list in my all time favorite actors. Putting everything else aside, the acting by those two in this movie is phenomenal. The rest of the cast did an awesome job as well, but these two just shined miles above and stole the show.  That first session between Joaquin and Philip's characters, particularly when "Master" tells him to not blink while answering questions...So well done. 

While I don't really see this movie as one I would watch over and over again, or watch casually, I think it's definitely worth at least one watch. 

Check out the video below for the scene I mentioned above (warning: spoilers maybe?)

• Like 1

Awards

Just watched Netflix 'Full Metal Alchemist' I was really excited after all the hype but unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations and I'm sure die hard Manga fans will love it but as a live action movie the action and fight scenes were poor imho 6.5/10  Would love to hear your opinions guys @ksosk @ukade2327 @nefilim @extantsrevenge oh and anyone else who has seen it too :) Cheers!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rograt said:

Just watched Netflix 'Full Metal Alchemist' I was really excited after all the hype but unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations and I'm sure die hard Manga fans will love it but as a live action movie the action and fight scenes were poor imho 6.5/10  Would love to hear your opinions guys @ksosk @ukade2327 @nefilim @extantsrevenge oh and anyone else who has seen it too :) Cheers!

Thx - will post when seen the film ... was a fraid of  this ...

• Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@Rograt actually I don't have high hopes for this one. The Anime is awesome, the 2nd Anime Version is even more awesome, but I can't image this as a Japanese live action Movie, they simply don't have the money to pull it off. Anyway will watch, not sure when.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 2:52 PM, Scary Hair said:

JAWS 2  not bad for a squel in facg forgit how good it was 3.9 out of 5.

Piranha 2 The Spawning , title changeing from Flying killers didn't help any started watching it when I realised I'd seen it YEARS ago.  3 out of 5 a ( point each for James Cameron's imput and Lance Hedrickson as lead .)

Stung Creature Feature B movie lost the plot 1 out of 5 .

I also actually very much enjoy Jaws 2, honestly when I watch them both now days, i find them close to equal in my enjoyment spectrum 

• Like 1

THE THING 2011 4.8 out of 5

THE THING 1982 5 out of 5

The Thing 2011 

well I wanted to hate it with the things I had read and how much LOVE I have for it's sequel. 

A thrilling movie filling in the carnage that Mcready and Doc find at the Norse station . IF The THING had not have been around before it Lady's AND Gentlemen I think we have a classic on our hands.  As it stands for me we now have 2 Classics.

The Thing 1982

nothing needs to BE SAID!!?.

A complete new experience with the 2K transfer watched after the prequel 

SUPERB  ??

• Like 4

After It Came Up in the what's the Movie Quiz

I had to seek out .............Gantz:O ............A Japanese CGI movie , which was absolutely visually stunning ....Action all the way and rather violent

all of which I totally loved ...........so this gets a Solid 5/5 from me ...............love these CGI movies ................If anyone can recommend any more of these Japanese CGI movies please do .....