IGNORED

MLIFE The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (MLIFE Exclusive #52) (Scanavo Case Blu-ray) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
19 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

Very nice.. Is this the only premium edition out there for this very fine film? 

I know there is a steelbook and a digipak edition. 

It will definitely be an interesting release by MLIFE as they will be able to come out with a special art 😃

• Like 4

Thank you very much, @ksosk

A film chosen with very good taste, and of which there are not yet truly cared or true collector's options; made with the love and care of those who admire the film. 

I'm very excited to see that special art.

And lately when I think of suitable editions where the design captures the atmosphere, the aesthetic or the spirit of the film, I think of "The beguiled". That's a good signal. 

I know it is very subjective, but personally I highly appreciate the aesthetics in editions. I think it's very important when facing the market. To reach more people, more fans, more sales.

I love editions that make you want to buy it just by looking at them. 

Keep us informed, please.

Thank you.

• Like 2

^^ Good point @mgurau.

There are I suppose a variety of reasons for us to consider what's a "premium", to us.

Is provision of what is considered the best PQ/AQ for a title sufficient?

Or does it require the glitz, glamour and artwork provided by "Premium Retailers" which I think 15 years ago, might have been called "Bootleg Retailers" heh.

Anyway, maybe it's a combination of both for many of us.

Which do I desire most though? the Double Lenti poster/booklet/card edition or the one that has been proven to provide (heh) the best PQ/AQ?

Well fortunately, we can buy both.

I'm not putting a halo on Crit. don't misunderstand 😉 but man, they have a really great track record.

🙂

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Good point @mgurau.

There are I suppose a variety of reasons for us to consider what's a "premium", to us.

Is provision of what is considered the best PQ/AQ for a title sufficient?

Or does it require the glitz, glamour and artwork provided by "Premium Retailers" which I think 15 years ago, might have been called "Bootleg Retailers" heh.

Anyway, maybe it's a combination of both for many of us.

Which do I desire most though? the Double Lenti poster/booklet/card edition or the one that has been proven to provide (heh) the best PQ/AQ?

Well fortunately, we can buy both.

I'm not putting a halo on Crit. don't misunderstand 😉 but man, they have a really great track record.

🙂

Exactly. Good points.

I think for me,  I do associate Criterion with the highest quality but they don't always go all out on the packaging. Sometimes, more so on the box sets. In this case, Benjamin Button was a pretty bare bones release for them. 
I would consider anything by them to be a premium, but because there 2 sides to that, it hits 1 but not other (packaging). So might want more.

I do think if they did a David Fincher box set, they would go all out. Would be so nice. Which leads me to Arrow. Those box sets are amazing. The just announced pre-order for "The Game" which looks killer.

• Like 2

Yes @mgurau, I saw that advert for "The Game" and I'm definitely on board for that since I only have two other copies...sigh... (it's a sickness...)

I don't think Crit will ever really jump on the glitz train because...they don't need to.

They normally sell as many copies as they can produce, why bother?

I love Arrow.

I started with them back in the "Window-Pane" box shlock horror beginnings and damn, I bet there's not too many titles they've released I don't have.

Entirely their fault, they did all the Corman/Price/Poe films, so I became an addict.

You've probably also noticed that in the past 2-3 years the plethora of "Premium Retailers" that have sprung up?

Not just Asia but Europe and NA as well.

I'm almost worried this is going to go the way of the Comics Industry in the mid 1990's.

Remember there was a "variant" edition or a "zero" edition or cut-outs, foil, etc... of comic books for a spell?

Then, I guess it was about 2000 that whole idea plummeted back to earth.

Companies discovered you actually can't put lipstick on a pig.

Now, this hobby can escape that, as all they are doing is fancy boxes for already existing art, so this could last a while.

My bank account may put out a hit on me if I play much longer though...🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

"The Curious case of Benjamin Button" is a story about life, love, and the passage of time. Three things that can not be held, nor molded to our liking. Any of it leaves its trail in traces, objects, memories and places where something took place, or dissapeared. Where someone smiled, or something was broken forever. In some way, some kind of movies are a way to catch that life, that love, and that passage of time; a way to solidify our memories around it. As capsules where you can retain something that escapes you without being able to avoid it.

And the "The Curious case of Benjamin Button" MLIFE edition is just that. A time capsule. The inheritance of a journey, a life, and of a magnificent story that David Fincher shot with so much talent. Benjamin Button traces through images, postcards, letters, maps, in a nice case, in addition to a cover that brings together a caress and a clock.  Elegant and appropriate. Careful like the movie itself.

It's a really great edition. 

Thank you very much for such a careful work, done with such good taste and elegance. And thank you for the effort carried out. 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 8