IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is for @Veum he is not happy for my review! So here it goes.

Star Wars Rise of the Skywalker was a big improvement over the 2nd installment. It seemed more in line with The Force Awakens.
  I like what they did with Reys Character, and showed the inner struggles she was going through. Glad they finally revealed her lineage, and was surprised at the reveal, never even considered it would go in the direction it did it was a nice twist. Thought it paid off nicely. 

Was Happy to see Kylo/Ben get his Redemption moment. One thing I enjoyed through the whole Trilogy was the connection between Rey/Kylo, and am glad the evolved upon that. 

Overall it was an enjoyable movie. It payed a lot of homages to the original trilogy. Brought back a lot of characters, and tied there stories up quite nicely. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RAK said:

No I haven’t seen it yet, really looking forward to watching it. If it’s as good as everyone is saying, then I hope they do more villain solo movies. 

Yeah I smell a sequel!😋

do you smell that GIF by What We Do In The Shadows

I want to see more serious movies like the JOKER, not this silly, nothing stuff!😉

why so serious joker GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, RAK said:

@Hollywood E Rock How was Bad Boys?

@RAK

It was good! The antagonist in the movie had a purpose greater than just being bad for the sake of it. The action was very solid, but you can tell Michael Bay didn’t Director this one. There is an eye for detail that Michael Bay adds to his action that other Directors overlook. The movie does feels like it was inspired by Bay’s previous Bad Boy films though. Most of the jokes in the movie hit. I have two nitpicks 1. Being that Will Smith carried the movie mostly when it came to the action. Martin Lawrence is very out of shape & he seemed “to old” now for all the mayhem.

Martin gets a lot of screen time, & he is good in the movie but he doesn’t come off as Will’s equal anymore. He seemed more like a sidekick in this film. I didn’t like that very much because they are supposed to be partners, but I guess no one can convince Martin to actually get in shape for these movies so Will has to carry it in some ways. My second nitpick I won’t go into details because I don’t want to spoil anything. Overall It was a fun time at the movies, I was worried that it was going to be subpar but it turned out to be a really good sequel. I’ll be happy to add a full slip version to my collection when one is released.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@RAK

It was good! The antagonist in the movie had a purpose greater than just being bad for the sake of it. The action was very solid, but you can tell Michael Bay didn’t Director this one. There is an eye for detail that Michael Bay adds to his action that other Directors overlook. The movie does feels like it was inspired by Bay’s previous Bad Boy films though. Most of the jokes in the movie hit. I have two nitpicks 1. Being that Will Smith carried the movie mostly when it came to the action. Martin Lawrence is very out of shape & he seemed “to old” now for all the mayhem.

Martin gets a lot of screen time, & he is good in the movie but he doesn’t come off as Will’s equal anymore. He seemed more like a sidekick in this film. I didn’t like that very much because they are supposed to be partners, but I guess no one can convince Martin to actually get in shape for these movies so Will has to carry it in some ways. My second nitpick I won’t go into details because I don’t want to spoil anything. Overall It was a fun time at the movies, I was worried that it was going to be subpar but it turned out to be a really good sequel. I’ll be happy to add a full slip version to my collection when one is released.

Well I’m looking forward to watching it. I loved the first 2! Hopefully they improve upon what you disliked when they do Bad Boys 4. What most people hate about Bay is what I love. I live for those insane explosion segments. Well I’m glad you liked it. With what most people are saying my expectation level has risen. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RAK said:

No I haven’t seen it yet, really looking forward to watching it. If it’s as good as everyone is saying, then I hope they do more villain solo movies. 

@RAK

Joker is good, but people have been making a really big fuss over it. It’s good, not Oh My God Great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a real good movie. I think the idea of Villain stand alone movies is cool but it shouldn’t be milked to death like most ideas in Hollywood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RAK said:

Well I’m looking forward to watching it. I loved the first 2! Hopefully they improve upon what you disliked when they do Bad Boys 4. What most people hate about Bay is what I love. I live for those insane explosion segments. Well I’m glad you liked it. With what most people are saying my expectation level has risen. 

@RAK

Considering you are a fan of the other two, I believe you will definitely like this one. I’m a fan of Bay too. I do believe he could be better with how he handles storylines in his movies, but they are fun to watch non the less. His movies are not to be taken serious, they are popcorn extravaganzas, & over the top madness!!!

• Like 2

Just now, Hollywood E Rock said:

@RAK

Joker is good, but people have been making a really big fuss over it. It’s good, not Oh My God Great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a real good movie. I think the idea of Villain stand alone movies is cool but it shouldn’t be milked to death like most ideas in Hollywood.

@Hollywood E Rock

Dog What GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Oh my God Great, brotha...

the joker GIF

Don’t believe H.E.R. @RAK!😛

oh my wow GIF by Charly Bliss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@RAK

That’s exactly it, I want to see Villain centered movies if the story is there. There are a lot of cool characters they could do. But I don’t want to see a rush job just because people liked Joker. 

I wish they would of taken the idea of Villain origin stories, and do a series of them leading up to a Justice League Team Up. Would of been interesting to see them do it backwards. And it would of been totally different then marvel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@RAK

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock

the joker GIF

cat fight GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock

the joker GIF

@Veum

Joker is overrated my friend. Is the movie good, hell yes it is, but there has been a large number of people making it out to be this movie that has to be seen. If you have been watching movies for years & you are a movie viewer who likes all genre of film then Joker isn’t anything new to you. That’s what I mean by it’s overrated. It’s a fresh idea for the genre of Comic Book movies, but that’s it. It’s not a movie that after viewing it you have a different perspective on life or something. It’s just a solid movie with a very strong performance from the lead actor.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, RAK said:

That’s exactly it, I want to see Villain centered movies if the story is there. There are a lot of cool characters they could do. But I don’t want to see a rush job just because people liked Joker. 

I wish they would of taken the idea of Villain origin stories, and do a series of them leading up to a Justice League Team Up. Would of been interesting to see them do it backwards. And it would of been totally different then marvel.

@RAK

That would have been an interesting idea. To bad the show runners at Warner Brothers are out of touch when it comes to there Comic Book properties. What’s so sad is the fact that unlike Marvel, Warner Brothers owns all the rights to their characters. They could have been set up a Cinematic Universe with their characters, but they for some reason just don’t have the vision for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

Joker is overrated my friend. Is the movie good, hell yes it is, but there has been a large number of people making it out to be this movie that has to be seen. If you have been watching movies for years & you are a movie viewer who likes all genre of film then Joker isn’t anything new to you. That’s what I mean by it’s overrated. It’s a fresh idea for the genre of Comic Book movies, but that’s it. It’s not a movie that after viewing it you have a different perspective on life or something. It’s just a solid movie with a very strong performance from the lead actor.

@Hollywood E Rock

We are at 2 different opines here and nothing wrong w/that my friend.

However this move resonated with me cause they went into Arthur Fleck’s psyche and he was so misunderstood, I knew why he became JOKER to our BATMAN and they made this a serious film & not some silly comi!

I’m very excited/hoping for a sequel and getting deeper into Joker’s criminal activities... it was made WELL BETTER then I expected it to be!😉

I give it 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 Of 5!😊

• Like 2

Just now, Hollywood E Rock said:

@RAK

That would have been an interesting idea. To bad the show runners at Warner Brothers are out of touch when it comes to there Comic Book properties. What’s so sad is the fact that unlike Marvel, Warner Brothers owns all the rights to their characters. They could have been set up a Cinematic Universe with their characters, but they for some reason just don’t have the vision for it.

Totally agree. The big problem is they never really had a person dedicated to oversee everything. Also If they would of laid out a decent footprint years ago they would of succeeded. Up until recently it seemed they were just pushing the movies out even if they new they would be bad to mediocre. 

• Like 2

@Veum

21 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock

We are at 2 different opines here and nothing wrong w/that my friend.

You’re right there isn’t anything wrong with that at all.

However this move resonated with me cause they went into Arthur Fleck’s psyche and he was so misunderstood, I knew why he became JOKER to our BATMAN and they made this a serious film & not some silly comi!

I don’t disagree with you here. Giving Joker a back story was very interesting and I connected with that also, but he isn’t the same Joker that Batman deals with. The way the story is set up it wouldn’t make sense for him to ever cross Batman's path. He is an alternate take on the Character.

I’m very excited/hoping for a sequel and getting deeper into Joker’s criminal activities... it was made WELL BETTER then I expected it to be!

I personally hope they don’t do a sequel. The movie was good as a Stand Alone Film, I believe continuing the story with this version of Joker would just tarnish this film. 

21 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock

I give it 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 Of 5!😊

5 out of 5 there you go overrating it!

giphy.gif

The movie is no higher than a B really good, but not great.

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Haha 1

@Veum

You’re right there isn’t anything wrong with that at all.

I don’t disagree with you here. Giving Joker a back story was very interesting and I connected with that also, but he isn’t the same Joker that Batman deals with. The way the story is set up it wouldn’t make sense for him to ever cross Batman's path. He is an alternate take on the Character.

I personally hope they don’t do a sequel. The movie was good as a Stand Alone Film, I believe continuing the story with this version of Joker would just tarnish this film. 

5 out of 5 there you go overrating it!

giphy.gif

The movie is no higher than a B good.

@Hollywood E Rock

Why do try to take the wind out of my sail... I want a sequel and that’s that huh!

saturday night live snl GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1