IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest addition:

The On Masterpiece Collection:

Pan´s Labyrinth UHD

A beautiful Fullslip with slight embossing, a reversible sleeve, a booklet with movie artwork and poster coming in a nice folder. 

Additionally, a golden sleeve with 6 photocards is included.

I am also happy that this edition has the 7.1 mix which the US UHD sadly doesn´t provide.

20200905_195252.jpg

20200905_195231.jpg

20200905_195218.jpg

20200905_195158.jpg

20200905_195138.jpg

20200905_195123.jpg

20200905_195706.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Neil21Harris:

I couldn’t find a Troy Edition that did it justice... have 2 SB but neither are as awesome as this DVD Collector’s Edition.... $10 on amazon. Steal.  This is great!

44F74CEE-8B61-4225-9D61-AA340E84EC16.jpeg

D78B7FED-3A0E-4E19-BD7A-E315D8E9D103.jpeg

E684E06F-BE24-48CB-BBD5-46562D278BDE.jpeg

895C92B6-2D90-4B7A-846B-D633795D7CD4.jpeg

Thats a great find. Congrats, mate!

I am also looking for a great edition of Troy and found something you might like to:

104779671_179381863531171_2612640723231572403_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=-WQyb_uXpAUAX_Bwlnn&_nc_ht=scontent.fszg1-1.fna&oh=9ba231c4fbdebdd509008d22fc054a2f&oe=5F79395C

Its just the packaging without discs, but boy it looks great. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

:wow: What an absolutely incredible series of collections from our friends;

- @GANTZ , @serg50 and @RAK on this page!

Thanks very much for sharing pics of your wonderful treasures folks! Much appreciated.  🥰

Hope you're sleeping better these coming evenings with your Exorcist now in hand @RAK  🤗

I'm pretty excited knowing I have a box in the mail on the way and with a bit of luck, mine will be nestled snugly inside it.

edit: just noticed @Neil21Harris, your last entry provided you eligibility for the new award, well done my friend!

And of course, GRATZ on such stellar treasures!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Grendel said:

:wow: What an absolutely incredible series of collections from our friends;

- @GANTZ , @serg50 and @RAK on this page!

Thanks very much for sharing pics of your wonderful treasures folks! Much appreciated.  🥰

Hope your sleeping better these coming evenings with your Exorcist now in hand @RAK  🤗

I'm pretty excited knowing I have a box in the mail on he way and with a bit of luck, mine will be nestled snugly inside it.

That is very possible, I didn’t even know that The Exorcist BB was in there. I thought it was just going to be my MLife The Lighthouse. So yes I was very Excited/Surprised to see it in there. But I was never concerned/worried. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RAK said:

09F429EE-A8DE-48F3-A0A2-90FC3E7FE718.jpeg

Man, I keep going back and forth on whether or not I should get this release.

I already own multiple editions of this film, but I figured I'd hold out until it arrived on 4K to really splurge on a premium release.

The problem is, the more beauty shots I see of this release, the more tempted I am to just bite the bullet. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't as yet speak to the quality of the BB Exorcist release personally @Fortis93 but since, like me, you hold the film in such esteem, it would probably be worth your time and effort to track it down.

Though we may see a 4K in the not too distant future, when it comes to my top shelf films, I need to have the best currently available and I've heard nothing but accolades on this release so, there we are.

If like me, you've spent more money on less noteworthy items, then I'd suggest it's time to;

Napoleon dynamite mac dre - Imgflip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fortis93 said:

Man, I keep going back and forth on whether or not I should get this release.

I already own multiple editions of this film, but I figured I'd hold out until it arrived on 4K to really splurge on a premium release.

The problem is, the more beauty shots I see of this release, the more tempted I am to just bite the bullet. xD

I am a multiple time dipper when it comes to franchises I love. Psycho, Exorcist, Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc... I like the variants/styles of the special editions/boxsets. Steelbooks, Mediabooks, collector sets.....

If you like it get it, if your unsure then you probably don’t really want it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RAK said:

I am a multiple time dipper when it comes to franchises I love. Psycho, Exorcist, Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc... I like the variants/styles of the special editions/boxsets. Steelbooks, Mediabooks, collector sets.....

If you like it get it, if your unsure then you probably don’t really want it.

I really want it, it's just a matter of finances. As you (and everyone here) knows, these editions aren't exactly cheap. Factor in conversion rates, especially in AUD and we have a bit of a dilemma. Would I rather spend that kind of money on it now, or wait until it gets a premium release on 4K? That's what I'm wrestling with.

• Like 4

Like most, I try to remain acutely aware that there's only so much money in my bank account to spread around on the things I enjoy.

So as a collector, I face two dilemmas;

- purchasing a variety of Premium copies of films I quite enjoy, and

- focused purchasing on building a 'collection' of specific titles.

As @RAK mentioned, there's some that are worthy of multi-dips and of course, some that are not.

This is one of those films I decided, yeah, I want 'em ALL.

As time progresses, I may sell off some of my multiples but not of this title. This is one of the few that get thrown in the box with me when they plant me. 🤗

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 6

Well my buddy @Fortis93, you don't need to decide TODAY, currently there's a copy on EBay for about $145Usd (+ship) and a couple others not too much more.

I think there's still some wiggle room though and you may luck in later to one even cheaper. 🙂

I of course, wish you the very best of fortune regardless of your decision.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Um, @RAK, is the pic you provided of The Exorcist your own copy or is that a stock photo?

The reason I ask, is they've spelled the director's name on that cover shown as;

"Wilham Friedkin" vice "William".

Surely to goodness sake they spelt it correctly on the actual release copies!

Please tell me they did!! 😟

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Um, @RAK, is the pic you provided of The Exorcist your own copy or is that a stock photo?

The reason I ask, is they've spelled the director's name on that cover shown as;

"Wilham Friedkin" vice "William".

Surely to goodness sake they spelt it correctly on the actual release copies!

Please tell me they did!! 😟

I think it's just the way the light is hitting the item, or some speck of dust that's making the 'i' appear to be a 'h'.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2