IGNORED

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade (2018 Live Action)

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

I just saw that a live Action Movie is coming for this :wow:

The first short Teaser is out

Plot : Set in the distant future where both North and South Koreas agree to establish a joint government, which has been in preparation for a duration of 7 years, the plot focuses on political uprisings on opposing sides which grow fierce when a special police unit is formed to stop the chaos.

Director: Jee-woon Kim (A Bittersweet Life, I Saw the Devil)

The original Anime Movie from 1999 is absolutely amazing. This could really turn out to be aterrific Movie, I already start hoping for Korea Exclusive Edition with Steelbook.

• ★ Administrators ★

@DarthEd @Grendel @Hatori @ksosk since you're interested in Animation and maybe already know the original, this could be interesting for you. And now some random tags, because it seems nobody saw this yet ? @Kingpin @Scary Hair @Benoit46 @45Caliber @pygospa @Admiral Thrawn @huseyin  @RhodW @larson1977 @deckard99 ?

39 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@DarthEd @Grendel @Hatori @ksosk since you're interested in Animation and maybe already know the original, this could be interesting for you. And now some random tags, because it seems nobody saw this yet 1f622.png @Kingpin @Scary Hair @Benoit46 @45Caliber @pygospa @Admiral Thrawn @huseyin  @RhodW @larson1977 @deckard99 1f60a.png

I’ve seen this already, looks good with Kim Jee-woon behind it and great manga. I have high hopes for it.

Awards

Thank you for the mention. I'm not that into manga and anime, but real-life movies of animes often turn out to be interesting and the Teaser looks interesting, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for this one. Unfortunately Asian movies are hard to watch (at least in Cinemas) where I live and often they also don't get good blu-ray releases. But let's hope for the best :)

7 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@DarthEd @Grendel @Hatori @ksosk since you're interested in Animation and maybe already know the original, this could be interesting for you. And now some random tags, because it seems nobody saw this yet 1f622.png @Kingpin @Scary Hair @Benoit46 @45Caliber @pygospa @Admiral Thrawn @huseyin  @RhodW @larson1977 @deckard99 1f60a.png

I have the first (I think) US DVD release of this anime, and I agree that it's great.

I'm also a big fan of Kim Jee-woon. I've seen both A Bittersweet Life and I Saw the Devil, and I think they are both excellent films. So that bodes well for this film, and I will definitely keep an eye out for future trailers and releases.

Awards

My Daughter has the Anime on Blu and I watched it some time ago. Quite enjoyed it!

As others have mentioned, I'm also a fan of Kim Jee-Woon and LOVED "I Saw The Devil" which I managed to procure from PA when they released their lovely editions.

I'll assuredly be keeping an eye on this...thanks so much for the heads-Up!  ? @extantsrevenge, much appreciated!

• ★ Administrators ★

Happy to get you guys excited about this. I really hope it turns out to be great. The Anime Movie is awesome. Can't wait for a real trailer. I already hope this will get the attention from Blu-Collection,  Plain Archive or another Korea Company.

Some posters from Live Action, last picture from Anime ?

jinroh.jpg

jinroh2.jpg

jinroh4.jpg

JinRoh5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived