IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

48 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Hey @LeGonze, they look good man!  I also ordered these two and I think they may have come in and are sitting in a box for me to unpack.  That's a little disappointing about the lack of goodies, etc... 

I am excited to see these though!

Thanks man!!... Yeah, I might open these. The steelbook will make me keep it or change it for the CEs. xD

To be honest I'm excited as almost every single Anime Steelbook I have is truly amazing. Akame Ga Kill and No Game No Life being my favorites I think... 9_9:x

7V76.gif

Oh man... I know where this is going... I'm gonna love the steelbooks but I'll buy the CEs anyways... Dear Lord, why am I like this??... :D:D

why-oh-god-why.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Anime reception…

WEA Steelbooks!!…

Your Name and Weathering With You.

By the way, I'm a little underwhelmed/disappointed by the fullslips... They're just plain... Some spot gloss on the titles but thats all... Nothing else at all... Also basically no goodies... I'm actually thinking about getting the Collectors Edition of these 2 in 4K and keep these sealed.

2AA744AB-492B-4C92-BFD3-602B83313E6A.jpeg

56E76848-0AF3-4A77-9CF9-9CF19A0DF417.jpeg

Oh no don’t scare me 😟 .

I ordered the OC for Your Name.

For Weathering With You I went with the lenti & FS-A.
preseason GIF

Edited by MoneySniper
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

Thanks man!!... Yeah, I might open these. The steelbook will make me keep it or change it for the CEs. xD

To be honest I'm excited as almost every single Anime Steelbook I have is truly amazing. Akame Ga Kill and No Game No Life being my favorites I think... 9_9:x

7V76.gif

Oh man... I know where this is going... I'm gonna love the steelbooks but I'll buy the CEs anyways... Dear Lord, why am I like this??... :D:D

why-oh-god-why.gif

Akame Ga Kill! Is probably in my top 5 favourite anime’s but that steelbook release they had a few years ago I wasn’t a big fan of personally. 

• Confused 1

Just now, MoneySniper said:

Oh no don’t scare me 😟 
preseason GIF

Yeah I’ve heard mixed things about these two releases from a number of people, my main hope is that the sound quality is better on this your name release as the funimation/ata one was a little muted. I’ve sold my ata editions anyway so I’m stuck with these ones.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, MoneySniper said:

Akame Ga Kill! Is probably in my top 5 favourite anime’s but that steelbook release they had a few years ago I wasn’t a big fan of personally. 

7c63283168b819a38876f8a3bc6e8428.gif

What???... You mean this Steelbook??? :o

Do you have it?? It's freaking Beautiful maaaan!!!... I was surprised of how good it is... The Quality and all!!... God it's one of my Favs... :|

IMG_8912.JPG

IMG_8913.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8915.JPG

IMG_8916.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8920.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

Yeah I’ve heard mixed things about these two releases from a number of people, my main hope is that the sound quality is better on this your name release as the funimation/ata one was a little muted. I’ve sold my ata editions anyway so I’m stuck with these ones.

Really??... Were those 4K releases too?? Did you sold the CEs?? :o

20 hours ago, LeGonze said:

7c63283168b819a38876f8a3bc6e8428.gif

What???... You mean this Steelbook??? :o

Do you have it?? It's freaking Beautiful maaaan!!!... I was surprised of how good it is... The Quality and all!!... God it's one of my Favs... :|

IMG_8912.JPG

IMG_8913.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8915.JPG

IMG_8916.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8920.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

Hahaha

Yes the slip art I liked.

However the steel art I’m not a fan of, that’s the only reason why I never bought it. By the looks of these photos you attached it does look quite nice 👌.

If the steel had art like these photos below I would of got it.

image.jpeg.559c955269a1c8c423f83eae8946b874.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e795f3e67a75175f590adbf8c58887ad.jpeg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Hey guys!!!...

It's been confirmed...

Attack on Titan continues next year... Hahaa...

Prepare for Final Season part 3.

In this case I MIGHT actually hold off on watching Part 2, so that I can watch 2 and 3 together. I got more than enough new and old anime to go over in the meantime 😂

It's been wild thus far and I'm currently at the end of The Final Season Part 1. I haven't read the manga, so I have no idea what is to come 😲 

My favorite character died as well, so...

tumblr_mfekw7heiC1ro5rzfo1_500.gif

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

Got my two Shinkai Korea Sets

Newsteelbook 398 - Media Psychos - Your Name The On - Weathering with You Steelbook

Weathering with You release from R'S Company is not strong, you could even say a disappointment 😪. Your Name from The On is good, but somehow I wished for more, these days Slips need to have some more finish. Still happy that both got WEA Premium Releases, even when Weathering does not feel that Premium.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Newsteelbook 398 - Media Psychos - Your Name The On - Weathering with You Steelbook

Weathering with You release from R'S Company is not strong, you could even say a disappointment 😪. Your Name from The On is good, but somehow I wished for more, these days Slips need to have some more finish. Still happy that both got WEA Premium Releases, even when Weathering does not feel that Premium.

@extantsrevenge Heyyyyy, quick question! What is your source for info on anime related slips and special editions that come out? I'm so out of touch with getting my hands on any the editions that you show off, that I'm getting envious 😈

One of my first GB's on MP was the Akira from Ive Entertainment/ Kimchi, but I don't think MP has other postings for anime stuff... hence why we're here in our own quiet corner of this site 😝

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

I completely agree, although I’m happy to have the WEA steels for two great films, I was disappointed with the results.

R’s company FS had a great front cover choice but a little effort on the finish especially with the rainbow that’s there could have elevated it. Plus the slim slip surprised me and what I think is an age rating on the spine just ruined it. 

I love the FS art on Your Name by Kimchi, but if they put a little texture by boarding/bossing the two main characters and maybe the city horizon on the back it would have been perfect.

The SL Your Name I was most excited for, it’s such a perfect scene for a lenti. But to me, in my eyes, the effect just doesn’t come through very well on hand, just a slight fading. The colors on the back could have really popped with some extra treatment too!

1C1310B7-D6E0-4F56-9687-ADE0A4A4AD4A.jpeg

Edited by xdestroyerj
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Awards

10 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

2 minutes ago, xdestroyerj said:

I completely agree, although I’m happy to have the WEA steels for two great films, I was disappointed with the results.

R’s company FS had a great front cover choice but a little effort on the finish especially with the rainbow that’s there could have elevated it. Plus the slim slip surprised me and what I think is an age rating on the spine just ruined it. 

I love the FS art on Your Name by Kimchi, but if they put a little texture by boarding/bossing the two main characters and maybe the city horizon on the back it would have been perfect.

The SL Your Name I was most excited for, it’s such a perfect scene for a lenti. But to me, in my eyes, the effect just doesn’t come through very well on hand, just a slight fading. The colors on the back could have really popped with some extra treatment too!

Seems like Im not the only one disappointed in here… Definitely the art is gorgeous and both retailers could’ve done amazing things with this… But they dropped the ball big time… 😭😭

I mean, I can’t believe the quality of a non “premium” retailer like Funimation can make a better slip than Kimchi… The Dr. Stone LE box is beautiful!!!… That one surprised me a lot… It looks and feels Premium. 😎😎

I was definitely expecting something Premium with these and unfortunately we didn’t got it. 🥺😞

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Seems like Im not the only one disappointed in here… Definitely the art is gorgeous and both retailers could’ve done amazing things with this… But they dropped the ball big time… 😭😭

I mean, I can’t believe the quality of a non “premium” retailer like Funimation can make a better slip than Kimchi… The Dr. Stone LE box is beautiful!!!… That one surprised me a lot… It looks and feels Premium. 😎😎

I was definitely expecting something Premium with these and unfortunately we didn’t got it. 🥺😞

I’ve been so out of the loop lately with work picking up but I’m glad I found your post talking about it too! 

You’re 100% right! The LE boxes for each film are quality releases too that I hoped woulda been topped with these premium releases but just came out flat.

like the LE Your Name by funimation uses holifoil the way I expected these premiums to have.

and although GKids LE Weathering with You has no bossing, it feels so good to hold almost like velvet. 

For Dr Stone I settled for the steel release but I agree, the LE is beautiful for a studio release!

9B98074D-113A-41AF-8DEA-83980B7E33B8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awards

2 hours ago, xdestroyerj said:

I’ve been so out of the loop lately with work picking up but I’m glad I found your post talking about it too! 

You’re 100% right! The LE boxes for each film are quality releases too that I hoped woulda been topped with these premium releases but just came out flat.

like the LE Your Name by funimation uses holifoil the way I expected these premiums to have.

and although GKids LE Weathering with You has no bossing, it feels so good to hold almost like velvet. 

For Dr Stone I settled for the steel release but I agree, the LE is beautiful for a studio release!

9B98074D-113A-41AF-8DEA-83980B7E33B8.jpeg

Yeah, those 2 are beautiful editions… 😉😉

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
10 hours ago, Diamond said:

@extantsrevenge Heyyyyy, quick question! What is your source for info on anime related slips and special editions that come out? I'm so out of touch with getting my hands on any the editions that you show off, that I'm getting envious 😈

One of my first GB's on MP was the Akira from Ive Entertainment/ Kimchi, but I don't think MP has other postings for anime stuff... hence why we're here in our own quiet corner of this site 😝

Thanks in advance!

Both releases I have from MP GBs 😅, so we do them when possible. For Premium releases from Korea I normally find out about them here on MP. Other stuff members post about here in the Anime section or I stumble about them while checking the sites of alltheanime, rightstuffanime or other. I actually don't find that much time to look for Anime releases these days, but I have to admit that at the moment I'm not that much interested in many of the new shows, I'm more on the lookout for older Series I like and hope they will finally get a Blu-ray releases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Being the relative newbie to the anime section, I wanted to let people know that Sentai is having their Spring Sale, which states savings up to 95%.

I wanted to let everyone know, just in case they don't check often!

I am not sure if there are some hidden gems in there though....

Thanks for sharing buddy!!...

I was going to post it too as I got an email this morning from Sentai.

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/promotions-2022-spring-sale

There are definitely some gems in there...

I would definitely grab a few like:

• A Spirit of the Sun
  • Akame Ga Kill (Steelbook)
  • Alice in Borderland
  • Baki
  • Blade of the Immortal
  • Elfen Lied
  • Kaiji
  • Made in Abyss
  • Many many many more... Just like @Grendel Sensei... xD

There's a lot to grab... hahaha...

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Thanks for sharing buddy!!...

I was going to post it too as I got an email this morning from Sentai.

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/promotions-2022-spring-sale

There are definitely some gems in there...

I would definitely grab a few like:

• A Spirit of the Sun
  • Akame Ga Kill (Steelbook)
  • Alice in Borderland
  • Baki
  • Blade of the Immortal
  • Elfen Lied
  • Kaiji
  • Made in Abyss
  • Many many many more... Just like @Grendel Sensei... xD

There's a lot to grab... hahaha...

Thanks @LeGonze!

Also, thanks for adding the link.  I thought I had added it also, but looks like I forgot to hit paste... Lol 

• Like 2

Just now, LeGonze said:

Hey Guys!!!...

AllTheAnime is having an Easter Sale too... From April 11th to April 19th...

@Grendel Sensei... I'll fall to buy a region free player... I've been wanting some Aniplex releases but these are Sky Expensive... Just too much for the same product we get on AllTheAnime... 9_9

https://www.alltheanime.com/

Yep, just bought violet evergarden eatamd and the eureka seven movie.

Also I watched the your name edition we all received last week and the picture and sound quality is better than the ata/funimation release, they seem to have used bd100 discs instead of bd66 discs. I think I remember you saying you were thinking of getting the ata ce, but I wouldn’t if I were you, you’ve got the best version even if the packaging was a disappointment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1