IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

Good Afternoon My Friends;  🙂

I placed an order today with Nova for the Lenti Slip-cased Steel of "Weathering With You", as it is the only 'new art' I see offered.

Not yet sure how I feel having the Lenti slip and the Steel with the same art but I suppose it's not a bad thing, since the Steel's artwork doesn't get much display on the shelf when they are hiding in a slip and this way...it does.  😍

I also ordered "Once Upon A time In China and America" spec ed, to compliment my 3; "Once Upon A Time In China" spec eds purchased last year. (I wish that Nova released "OUaTiC 4", as that's the only one missing now. Someday...heh).

I also ordered a few days ago, from Kimchi, the new Lenti Slip-cased Steel of "Your Name" which looks gorgeous! (still available btw). 😍

Just checked my database, looks like this will be editions 4 of both films in my collection now, heh (think that'll do me...for now 😉)

I'll read through the rest of the posts above and chat again soon.

Cheers!

p.s. looks like this is Post # 1K for this Thread! Well done folks!!! 🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey my new found anime friends... I have a question for all of you - allowing me to make sure I post correctly here.  

First, before the question, I have noticed that there isn't a general Anime discussion thread here.  This is the closest thing, and does seem to be used that way sometimes, but the title calls out new release topics...

So on to the question:

When I want to just talk about a new show I started watching and/or may want to watch, is it appropriate to post here?  Or would you rather I open my own anime collection thread and use that for anything I've recently watched, series suggestions, etc...?

Thanks crew!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Hey my new found anime friends... I have a question for all of you - allowing me to make sure I post correctly here.  

First, before the question, I have noticed that there isn't a general Anime discussion thread here.  This is the closest thing, and does seem to be used that way sometimes, but the title calls out new release topics...

So on to the question:

When I want to just talk about a new show I started watching and/or may want to watch, is it appropriate to post here?  Or would you rather I open my own anime collection thread and use that for anything I've recently watched, series suggestions, etc...?

Thanks crew!

To be honest I think we can use it as a general thread… There’s not much movement in the Anime section to spread the little talk we have into different threads… That’s why I’ve been using it as a General Thread… That’s my opinion… Lets hear some others… ☺️☺️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hace 19 minutos, AndroiDad75 dijo:

So on to the question:

Thanks crew!

I think this thread is perfect for what you’re describing, inevitability news about forthcoming releases and recent purchases are popular, but the most interesting topics tend to focus on shows that people haven’t seen and are curious about. That’s certainly my reason for coming here anyway as I only recently jumped back on the anime bandwagon after falling off in the early 2000’s (and subsequently missing out on a golden era lol).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening My Friends;  🙂

I understand your trepidation @AndroiDad75 with the possibility of circumventing the purpose of the Thread however, I'll be first to admit that this Thread has provided the easiest and I suppose best access to our little corner of the community so, yeah, free and open discussion of all topics it not only supported but highly recommended!   😊

The "Collection Thread" still serves well, I'd suggest for tossing up pics of our well, "collections" and the "Related Thread" serves well for posting items such as Manga, Figures, Cells, tapestry and other odds and ends.

Having a central locale with which to keep abreast of new exciting activities though, regardless of the age of the subject material, needs a focus and I think this Thread works admirably. 👍

I'm also happy to see, that our other friends here are of similar opinion.

Glad to see ya drop back in @Squeegie McGee😉

I responded to your query in the "Weathering With You" Thread but the details are in a Post I provided above.

In New News... I've started to receive a few eds from AtA offered in their Christmas sale.

The gorgeous Book that accompanies the ed of "Belladonna Of Sadness" arrived and was packaged bullet-proof I was happy to see.

The Blu is in the pipe but for whatever reason, is coming separate.

Also have a few others in the pipe and I'll make notice on their arrival.

One thing I wanted to mention though, was there is a "Disc Replacement Program" in the works regarding the NGE sets, both the UE and the CE.

It's dealing with one of the Bonus materials, that being subs missing for the "End of Eva" remix version on Disc 5 of the affected sets.

Not a huge issue but here's a link to the disc replacement program currently running for NA.

Links;

https://www.shoutfactory.com/replacement/neon-genesis-evangelion-the-complete-series

I have yet to see what AtA is offering in similar fashion.

There's a number of discussion Forums regarding this folks, so take a look about if you have interest.

I'm personally going to submit a request in with Shout, as that's where I bought my copies but I'm not keeping updated on all the info circulating.

As for my AtA UE set, like others, I'm awaiting word on what their plans are.

Cheers my friends! 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

hace 51 minutos, LeGonze dijo:

That looks awesome @Mattrivers95!!.. 😃😉😉

Guys!! I watched Mugen Train Saturday night and I must say Ufotable is amazing and Aniplex is INCREDIBLE there. Absolutely stunning Animation!!… Great Movie!! I’m sooo glad I got the LE set!!… 😬😬😬

image.gif.b8510c397dcc644b2d69b3530e51a192.gif

It’s great isn’t it? I’m watching the entertainment district arc on funimation and it’s good so far. I’m still not sure when the movies being released here on disc, I might cave and get the Japanese one from cd japans website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

It’s great isn’t it? I’m watching the entertainment district arc on funimation and it’s good so far.

Yeah!!... I was speechless with the animation.

Now I'm "rewatching" it on episodes. Ep1 was not in the movie at all and it's a great introduction to Rengoku. I'm at Ep3 right now and Mugen Train arc is definitely more robust there. I'm actually enjoying the "rewatch" but the PQ does look inferior compared to the Aniplex disc.

5 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

I’m still not sure when the movies being released here on disc, I might cave and get the Japanese one from cd japans website.

I would say get. It's supposed to be Region Free. ^_^

I wanted to get the Japanese Limited Edition Ufotable Exclusive or something like that, but waited for the NA release and unfortunately is inferior in goodies. I was expecting at least a few art cards but nothing. At this point, it's too late now.

• Like 1

hace 3 minutos, LeGonze dijo:

Yeah!!... I was speechless with the animation.

Now I'm "rewatching" it on episodes. Ep1 was not in the movie at all and it's a great introduction to Rengoku. I'm at Ep3 right now and Mugen Train arc is definitely more robust there. I'm actually enjoying the "rewatch" but the PQ does look inferior compared to the Aniplex disc.

I would say get. It's supposed to be Region Free. ^_^

I wanted to get the Japanese Limited Edition Ufotable Exclusive or something like that, but waited for the NA release and unfortunately is inferior in goodies. I was expecting at least a few art cards but nothing. At this point, it's too late now.

Yeah you can’t beat aniplex discs, and their prices. Do you know if the mugen train episodes count as the beginning of season two or are they in between episodes?

13 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

and their prices.

Hahaa.. True... xD

13 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

Do you know if the mugen train episodes count as the beginning of season two or are they in between episodes?

It's definitely the start of S2. That's how I see it on Crunchyroll. S2 ep1 starts with Rengoku and then ep2 Rengoku get's in the Mugen Train just like the beggining of the movie. Umai!! Umai!! Umai!!... :xxD

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Hey Guys!!!…

Finally arrived from the Uk!!…

Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition. 

What a massive and beautiful Box!!… 😍😍😍😍

I’ll share pics as soon as open this….

D168944D-AEA1-4E9E-AADF-14CEC5781B74.jpeg

Oh my god damn that thing is beautiful. Unfortunately when this was released I was still yet to start the anime I so I’ve missed out on this amazing piece.

However I did recently finish every part of the Evangelion franchise there is, the original 1995 Neon Genius Evangelion anime, Death True 2, The End Of Evangelion as well as the 4 rebuild movies and they have been great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Anime corner! I’ve lurked a bit in this thread and its been one of my favorite threads to follow. Hope it’s alright to join in on the fun. I’ll share my collection soon enough to get my anime award 😂

2 hours ago, LeGonze said:

What a massive and beautiful Box!!… 

@LeGonze you’re not kidding, this thing is freaking HUGE! My order from GKids arrived today and holy… I’m overwhelmed by it haha it’s beautiful. Here’s my copy with a magnet for scale 😅

794EBE28-B19E-487D-A2C5-7584E93D405F.thumb.jpeg.8d3e721302d36b208bc320f31abbdab8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awards

30 minutes ago, xdestroyerj said:

Hey Anime corner! I’ve lurked a bit in this thread and its been one of my favorite threads to follow. Hope it’s alright to join in on the fun. I’ll share my collection soon enough to get my anime award 😂

@LeGonze you’re not kidding, this thing is freaking HUGE! My order from GKids arrived today and holy… I’m overwhelmed by it haha it’s beautiful. Here’s my copy with a magnet for scale 😅

794EBE28-B19E-487D-A2C5-7584E93D405F.thumb.jpeg.8d3e721302d36b208bc320f31abbdab8.jpeg

Awesome Hermano!!!… 😃😃

Did you manage to get the US Version??… It was sold out when I tried ao I got the UK version… 😅😅

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Did you manage to get the US Version??… It was sold out when I tried ao I got the UK version… 😅😅

Gracias primo! Yes, I managed to get my hands on the GKids US release, had it preordered when it went live!

But it’s exactly the same as the UK since I def see the All The Anime logo on it with the GKids logo haha unless they’re region locked

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

5 minutes ago, xdestroyerj said:

Gracias primo! Yes, I managed to get my hands on the GKids US release, had it preordered when it went live!

But it’s exactly the same as the UK since I def see the All The Anime logo on it with the GKids logo haha unless they’re region locked

Yeah, it’s the same just Region B locked. Doesn’t really matter as I got the amaray at RSA. 😅😅

• Like 2

Good Evening My Friends;

I am of course, so incredibly pleased to read of all your acquisitions of the NGE sets! 😍

Most assuredly one of the classics of Anime!

I also hope that some of you have been able to view the newly released NGE 3.0+1.0 "THRICE UPON A TIME" which finally puts a definitive ending to the saga.

I personally will need to await the release of a Blu-ray but for those of you with streaming service, I've heard it is very satisfying. 🥰

There are also an incredible amount of NEW Anime shows that I think will be very satisfying for many of us as well.

I could provide a laundry list of titles or... I could just plug in this vid link, heh;

😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Whew!

I managed to catch up on the tsunami of incredible Anime coming down the pipe in the near future (and currently) via Youtube vids, from my fave presenters (Mother's Basement, Gigguk and Glass Reflection) and to say we are going to be entertained, is the understatement of the year!

What an incredible assortment of titles that cover all genres, styles, interests and sequel addiction, heh.

I personally find viewing the vids of these Gentlemen extremely convenient, for bringing to my attention what's coming down the road and their brief synopsis (usually, uncoloured) are very informative.

Certainly there are others but not as dependable I'd suggest, for keeping their finger on the pulse.

Anime has grown so incredibly over the past few years (in NA & Europe), from a niche cult fave of a few, to immense success as an entertainment medium that appeals to a vast spectrum of folks.

Good timing I'd suggest also, since Hollywood is floundering right now, with no real direction in mind. They brought it on themselves though, giving little thought to original content and simply a focus on milking previous successes to turn a quick buck. I have no sympathy for them and can only hope that a few new Directors and Writers come to understand, that people are growing tired of their shtick and without new concepts and ideas, they will find other mediums.

We welcome those folks, with open arms!

Anime is a strange beast, to be sure, as it can provide incredibly mature and thought-provoking shows and yet still engage with the 13 year old horny/action junkie.

Fortunately, the palate is broad and we can easily select the shows that have meaning to us without concern for those that do not.

I do wish the price for the Blus were not as extravagant but sadly, that's a scenario that will not change anytime soon.

Fortunately, we have a variety of Houses that provide occasional sales on the intimidating retail prices.

Also, there's more often than not, a wonderful CE offered by someone, for some of the better shows, should one do the necessary hunting.

I have a few new treasures that I'm incredibly pleased with but I also have a fair amount in the mail on the way, so will wait a few days before tossing up a pic.

In the interim, please don't be shy about providing your own pics my Friends!

I LOVE to see them, all the time!!! 😍

Cheers!

edit: oops! almost forgot to welcome our new Friend @xdestroyerj to the basement coven!

So very happy to have you join us my Buddy. Please feel free to chat with any info that crosses your mind.

All the best!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Grendel said:

Whew!

I managed to catch up on the tsunami of incredible Anime coming down the pipe in the near future (and currently) via Youtube vids, from my fave presenters (Mother's Basement, Gigguk and Glass Reflection) and to say we are going to be entertained, is the understatement of the year!

What an incredible assortment of titles that cover all genres, styles, interests and sequel addiction, heh.

I personally find viewing the vids of these Gentlemen extremely convenient, for bringing to my attention what's coming down the road and their brief synopsis (usually, uncoloured) are very informative.

Certainly there are others but not as dependable I'd suggest, for keeping their finger on the pulse.

Anime has grown so incredibly over the past few years (in NA & Europe), from a niche cult fave of a few, to immense success as an entertainment medium that appeals to a vast spectrum of folks.

Good timing I'd suggest also, since Hollywood is floundering right now, with no real direction in mind. They brought it on themselves though, giving little thought to original content and simply a focus on milking previous successes to turn a quick buck. I have no sympathy for them and can only hope that a few new Directors and Writers come to understand, that people are growing tired of their shtick and without new concepts and ideas, they will find other mediums.

Anime is a strange beast, to be sure, as it can provide incredibly mature and thought-provoking shows and yet still engage with the 13 year old horny/action junkie.

Fortunately, the palate is broad and we can easily select the shows that have meaning to us without concern for those that do not.

I do wish the price for the Blus were not as extravagant but sadly, that's a scenario that will not change anytime soon.

Fortunately, we have a variety of Houses that provide occasional sales on the intimidating retail prices.

Also, there's more often than not, a wonderful CE offered by someone, for some of the better shows, should one do the necessary hunting.

I have a few new treasures that I'm incredibly pleased with but I also have a fair amount in the mail on the way, so will wait a few days before tossing up a pic.

Cheers!

edit: oops! almost forgot to welcome our new Friend @xdestroyerj to the basement coven!

So very happy to have you join us my Buddy. Please feel free to chat with any info that crosses your mind.

All the best!

14 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening My Friends;

I am of course, so incredibly pleased to read of all your acquisitions of the NGE sets! 😍

Most assuredly one of the classics of Anime!

I also hope that some of you have been able to view the newly released NGE 3.0+1.0 "THRICE UPON A TIME" which finally puts a definitive ending to the saga.

I personally will need to await the release of a Blu-ray but for those of you with streaming service, I've heard it is very satisfying. 🥰

There are also an incredible amount of NEW Anime shows that I think will be very satisfying for many of us as well.

I could provide a laundry list of titles or... I could just plug in this vid link, heh;

😉

Thanks for the video link, I keep forgetting to subscribe to mother’s basement, I’ve just watched this vid and he’s more recent one and making a note of what’s airing and what I’ve missed. I’m slowly getting into the habit of watching seasonal anime, apart from demon slayer s2 I don’t always think to check which new episodes have been added but I’ve got plenty of recommendations from these videos. 

ive just received Revue Starlight ce from anime online which I hadn’t seen and they had as a deal of the week recently for £15. They’re doing the same thing this week with flip flappers ce so I purchased that too.

Also, another anituber I like who you’re probably aware of is under the scope who I’ll often refer to if I’m making a blind buy. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Grendel said:

Whew!

Cheers!

All the best!

Thank you for the warm welcome! Love reading all of the insight into different releases on here, anime is absolutely timeless and it’s popularity will continue to grow just like the prices of these CE’s 😂

Although I tend not to collect TV series, I can’t help myself with anime. The nostalgia alone of some classics and instant classics is worth the price of admission. Happy to be here as long as the wallet allows, otherwise I’ll live vicariously through all your pickups!

head hype GIF

• Like 5

Awards

Good Evening My Friends;  😀

That CE of Revue Starlight was an excellent choice on pick-ups @Mattrivers95 !

I already had the Sentai, CEs (x2, one for my Girls) and though scored them on a lovely deal, that price drop by AOL was outstanding and I almost bought a third because of it, heh.

I think it's an excellent show (Cute Girls doing Cute Things [CGdCT] whilst trying to murder each other) and the sakuga is exemplary, I feel. 🤩

Well done Sir!

Remember to check in with them every Friday folks, as that's when their new single deals appear.

As far as new deals go, I was quite distraught to learn, after rectifying my dysfunctional hyperlink to Tiger Labs, that they were sold out of their new release for the Vampire Hunter D" Limited Edition LP.  🥴

AtA has it and I may bite the bullet for it if there's no mention of a reprint by TL ( I did email them about that, no reply yet).

I have their release of Vamp D ; Bloodlust but the Amano artwork for the original show, exhibited beautifully on the new album cover, is something I MUST get.

Link:

https://tigerlabvinyl.com/collections/featured-home-page/products/vampire-hunter-d

Art;

image.jpeg.869adc3112277c5e8619cde4182b5a83.jpeg

As for the Youtube vids, indeed, I've found them incredibly valuable for keeping pace with the newest shows coming down the pipe and not to be forgotten, some hilarious vids of some prior year releases, that have made me spill my drink more than once whilst laughing!  🤣

I'm also quite happy to hear that you are enjoying your visits to our little corner of the MP Dungeon, @xdestroyerj  😀

When time permits, please toss up a few pics of your own wonderful treasures!

(Thanks very much for showing us your NGE Ult Set my friend!)

Cheers!

Edit:  Dammit, just checked in on AtA and the Vamp D album is sold out there now as well, sigh.

Tiger Labs is known for doing reprints of their popular releases though, so here's hoping!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1