HOW DO YOU KEEP YOURS

Scary Hair

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Carl said:

@Pbsw23 Nice setup! Are you using risers? I've been looking for some good ones. You're about to become my shopping guru, lol.

Not entirely sure what you mean by risers.... the steels are on universal stands, comics are on the same product but the larger size, and the Pops behind the steels are on homemade wooden stilts. 😁👍🏼

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Not entirely sure what you mean by risers.... the steels are on universal stands, comics are on the same product but the larger size, and the Pops behind the steels are on homemade wooden stilts. 😁👍🏼

So, it's the stilts, that's impressive

Anders Holm Wow GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Awards

• 3 months later...

@Pbsw23

You're a damn wizard and its becoming an issue Paul...

Expect a flight ticket in the mail after the pandemic. You'll have a daily Stipend for essentials, food will be provided. Your stay in Canada will be a week or 2 until the job has been finished. You will be recreating the outline of this masterpiece in my home. Its been decided for you. Payment will be when the job is finished. 

Cheers 

🤣🤣🤣

But in all seriousness this is gorgeous and you've done an amazing job. WOW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Count Dantes said:

@Pbsw23

You're a damn wizard and its becoming an issue Paul...

Expect a flight ticket in the mail after the pandemic. You'll have a daily Stipend for essentials, food will be provided. Your stay in Canada will be a week or 2 until the job has been finished. You will be recreating the outline of this masterpiece in my home. Its been decided for you. Payment will be when the job is finished. 

Cheers 

🤣🤣🤣

But in all seriousness this is gorgeous and you've done an amazing job. WOW

giphy.gif

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Tonic24k I know you have an epic Marvel Collection and keep it mint. Not sure if you’ve seen this, but you will find step by step pics of mine here on this thread. 👍🏼

You should share yours here too mate. 🍻

Oh thanks dude! And this is the first time I'm seeing your collection displayed! 

The Rock Applause GIF

Masterfully curated bro! Hats off to you for real.

• Thanks 1

Ohhhhh I like that a lot @Tonic24k 😍

I, like you need more shelves. I constantly putting new stuff straight into storage at the moment until I can expand my display. 

This looks absolutely spotless mate and you must feel very proud. 😊👍🏼 What is your top target on the wanted list right now? For me it is a Blufans Ant-Man 1/4 slip, purely because I will instantly open and display it. That and a 1st Avenger Pop! to go in front of my Kimchi Steel.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I admire your dedication to one fullslip per movie and no lentis but you need some protectors man 😅

Nahhhh, what faff that would be 😂😂😂

I have considered it, if they were in storage then I would agree.

But they are perfectly safe sat there as is. Plus I’m not really convinced that I like the look of protectors. A lot of my Pops arrive in protectors but I take them straight off. 😁 It’s an appreciated & loved collection. Not a museum. 😉😂😂

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Nahhhh, what faff that would be 😂😂😂

I have considered it, if they were in storage then I would agree.

But they are perfectly safe sat there as is. Plus I’m not really convinced that I like the look of protectors. A lot of my Pops arrive in protectors but I take them straight off. 😁 It’s an appreciated & loved collection. Not a museum. 😉😂😂

I myself am torn on the aesthetic of protective sleeves. I do like the idea of my collection not getting dusty. And I do like the bit of uniformity it adds to everything. But on the other hand, it takes away from the textures and fine details of each piece. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tonic24k said:

I myself am torn on the aesthetic of protective sleeves. I do like the idea of my collection not getting dusty. And I do like the bit of uniformity it adds to everything. But on the other hand, it takes away from the textures and fine details of each piece. 

Exactly! Some of the spines are masterful. Nova’s Ant-Man or WeETs Venom spring to mind. 

The minute I get my reactions back I am coming back to 🏆 all of your posts Tonic! 😂👍🏼

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Ohhhhh I like that a lot @Tonic24k 😍

I, like you need more shelves. I constantly putting new stuff straight into storage at the moment until I can expand my display. 

This looks absolutely spotless mate and you must feel very proud. 😊👍🏼 What is your top target on the wanted list right now? For me it is a Blufans Ant-Man 1/4 slip, purely because I will instantly open and display it. That and a 1st Avenger Pop! to go in front of my Kimchi Steel.

Thanks dude! I am very proud of it. It's a fulfilling hobby. My TOP targets are the Blufans Doctor Strange, the Novamedia Age of Ultron, and the Novamedia Avengers. All one clicks. However, they're a fortune in the aftermarket so in the meantime, I'm aiming a little lower. So I'd like to finish off the KimchiDVD series. All I'm missing there are the Captain America OCs. Then I'd like to finish Novamedia. This is where I'm sitting with those:

image.thumb.png.3eefce2c780c5aef2331c4146c311afd.png

Edited by Tonic24k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tonic24k said:

I'm not worried about dust and for your OCs I wouldn't worry either. The reason you need protectors is when you have fullslip or steelbooks lined up on the shelf touching. Guaranteed that @Pbsw23s gotg fullslip looks like this IMG_3599.jpg.a10b9d01e1a59fbd2622b728f1518f45.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1