IGNORED

Media Psychos Fantasy Award

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

We got another new Award for you ☺️. Today we're very excited to introduce to you our

FANTASY AWARD

intro_autox240_10x.gif.185dd442f6f61ff76ce7354bbe05086a.gif

This Award is also part of our Cinematic History Award group which will feature specifc movie decades (like the 80s) and other Genre Awards ( for example the Monster Award). Be sure to check out all our great awards.

The first Stage in the Fantasy Award is called: The Fellowship of the Psychos!

The amazing award logo was created by @Cornbuster  🙏

FantasyAward.png.7183dd250b201647eaa421b62e6ca1f4.png

The Fantasy Genre is such a treasure trove to exerience stories and ideas that are not found in our world. It lets us escape to different times and worlds, and draws us with sword & sorcery into the fight between good and evil.

And

giphy.gif

To receive Stage 1: The Fellowship of the Psychos!

You have to make and show us pictures of 25 different Fantasy Movies from your collection.

If you include Collections/Boxsets from Fantasy Series, all movies included in the Set will count towards the Award.

Important! Movies shown should be clearly associated to the Fantasy Genre.

I would prefer if members don't use many Superhero Movies in Stage one, it would be cooler to see other movies. If you must use Superhero Movies, stick to the ones that have lots of Fantasy elements like Thor, Doctor Strange or Aquaman for example.

As for Sci-Fi Movies that are also considered Fantasy, keep them for another Genre Award coming soon 😉, only use here if you can't reach the 25 otherwise.

This award is not limited to any specific packaging type! Everything is allowed! Steelbooks, Digipacks, Premiums, Amaray, Sets, even DVD or VHS if you still have them.

The pictures have to include your Media Psychos member card or other Media Psychos stuff, it can be a simple piece of paper on which you write your member name @ mediapsychos.com (for example). It really doesn't take that much time to add something like that and makes the pictures even more exciting for the community.

Please make sure that we can see the cover/front of each movie and edition, no spine pictures are allowed in this award.

And now participate

giphy.gif

A very special thanks goes to @raylight who created all the great New Award and Award Received gifs you will see in this Topic and other topics.

And don't forget to check out our awesome award section for all our great awards. We continually expand our selection 😃

We hope many of you participate. And don't forget to show your appreciation for all the great pictures posted here and give them some likes.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for sharing your fantastic collections with the community.

nausicaa-of-the-valley-of-the-wind.gif

You all @extantsrevenge @bossjon @JojoFrance76 @CAYENNE-FAHRER @hal56 @Gentleman @Cornbuster @jwhitm3 @Mrdugan @ethnosax @HeightOfFolly @pluto57 @Veum @Gary K @upmaniac @Chief_lookout @Wail @Reagh @cypheria078 @ncraft @tigrou82 @POLynch @bl4ck5t3r have shown that you truely belong to "The Fellowship of the Psychos!".

a3bbf9e7ffe80e633ec8ebbd11343c6e.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• ★ Administrators ★

I love Fantasy, sadly high Fantasy like Lord of the Rings is not done so much, most likely because the studios don't want to invest a lot of money and often when it is done it disappoints 😅. Anyway I love to be transported into all these different worlds with their own lore and discovers different creatures, lands and realms.

Here is my submission for this award. Lord of the Rings is surely the greatest achievement when it comes to Fantasy movies, but my favorite Fantasy Director would be the one and only Hayao Miyazaki, his movies are pure magic and almost always are connected deeply with Fantasy themes, if you have not seen them, do yourself a favor and check out his amazing filmography.

FantasyAward.thumb.JPG.c7cc038d3b9d55816b35138e0c9d1baf.JPG

• Like 23

• ★ Administrators ★

Sorry @CAYENNE-FAHRER Batman Begins, Dark Knight, DKR and V for Vendetta are absolutely no Fantasy at all 😅. Also it needs to be 25 different movies (like I wrote). I'm currently counting only 16 if I allow all the others.

I find Blu-ray.com a good site to double check for the Genre of a Movie if unsure, they list the most prominent Genres associated to a Movie.

When I made my picture I made sure to ignore Superhero, Sci-Fi or Horror Movies so members get what I would like to see most in this award. No problem to post something like Avatar (lots of Fantasy parts in that), but maybe keep something like that for the Sci-Fi Award when it comes.

Anyway I'm sure you have an Edition of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit it's basically blasphemy to submitt for this award without them 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb extantsrevenge:

I love Fantasy, sadly high Fantasy like Lord of the Rings is not done so much, most likely because the studios don't want to invest a lot of money and often when it is done it disappoints 😅. Anyway I love to be transported into all these different worlds with their own lore and discovers different creatures, lands and realms.

Here is my submission for this award. Lord of the Rings is surely the greatest achievement when it comes to Fantasy movies, but my favorite Fantasy Director would be the one and only Hayao Miyazaki, his movies are pure magic and almost always are connected deeply with Fantasy themes, if you have not seen them, do yourself a favor and check out his amazing filmography.

FantasyAward.thumb.JPG.c7cc038d3b9d55816b35138e0c9d1baf.JPG

fantasy_nils2b.gif.5f9545e67a99d71c3d36daf86636b3ab.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

Very nice submission @bossjon

Welcome to

new_award_drache.gif.e843678f7fda9a027fed7be2aa79c6f2.gif

Oh look shiny stuff

3cc25dfa60ca6b8d2bb499d34ba479bd.gif

Interesting selection @JojoFrance76

I also welcome you to

new_award_unicorn.gif.ef4ca9c8732204c246aae8464d4acbc1.gif

@jwhitm3 I have to veto the following titles. Alita, Aeon Flux, Waterworld, The Prestige and Planet Earth.

Hopefully you got some replacements.

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, raylight said:

fantasy_nils2b.gif.5f9545e67a99d71c3d36daf86636b3ab.gif

fd55c5d38a0f6102c5896ab3add12657.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

vor 18 Stunden schrieb CAYENNE-FAHRER:

here are pictures of me
for the

FANTASY AWARD  🙏

1.jpg.a44e7dc73d46392cae277ca8fecf9629.jpg

2.jpg.bd649fb6b342696e1d22483ff93f2199.jpg

3.jpg.09779fadbb31a8d98c32cf5b38f0b518.jpg

vor 17 Stunden schrieb extantsrevenge:

Sorry @CAYENNE-FAHRER Batman Begins, Dark Knight, DKR and V for Vendetta are absolutely no Fantasy at all 😅. Also it needs to be 25 different movies (like I wrote). I'm currently counting only 16 if I allow all the others.

I find Blu-ray.com a good site to double check for the Genre of a Movie if unsure, they list the most prominent Genres associated to a Movie.

When I made my picture I made sure to ignore Superhero, Sci-Fi or Horror Movies so members get what I would like to see most in this award. No problem to post something like Avatar (lots of Fantasy parts in that), but maybe keep something like that for the Sci-Fi Award when it comes.

Anyway I'm sure you have an Edition of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit it's basically blasphemy to submitt for this award without them 😉

1.jpg

• Like 15

@extantsrevenge

Was a pleasure to create for you your own award gif. ;)

But I'm also struggeling with my selection for titles for this award. Is it fantasy, is is action/adventure or in the end science-fiction ?

Sometimes hard to decide. Also for me becuase I like animation movies very much.

Nils, what do you think ? Is "Aladdin" or "Atlantis" fantasy ?

When I think of fantasy then more of unknown worlds, creatures and magic etc.

But then also "Avatar" is a hard candidate...fantasy or science fiction ?

Okay, LotR, Hobbit, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones...no doubt.

I'll give it a try and hopefully my selection will fit in the end. 😊😇

• Like 5

vor 4 Minuten schrieb raylight:

@extantsrevenge

Was a pleasure to create for you your own award gif. ;)

But I'm also struggeling with my selection for titles for this award. Is it fantasy, is is action/adventure or in the end science-fiction ?

Sometimes hard to decide. Also for me becuase I like animation movies very much.

Nils, what do you think ? Is "Aladdin" or "Atlantis" fantasy ?

When I think of fantasy then more of unknown worlds, creatures and magic etc.

But then also "Avatar" is a hard candidate...fantasy or science fiction ?

Okay, LotR, Hobbit, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones...no doubt.

I'll give it a try and hopefully my selection will fit in the end. 😊😇

lt bluray com & Schlumpfhausen ja

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

@raylight it is indeed a little difficult to find the movies most fitting. Many movies of course are associated to more than 1 genre.

My mind instantly goes to Lord of the Rings, Conan and other fantastic worlds where Dragons live, mages cast their spells and the characters fight battle with sword and axe. That is high and pure Fantasy for me. But also stories that have creatures that don't exist like Totoro, or have magical elements, or mythology in them are Fantasy.

I try to choose what the overshadowing Genre of a movie is. That is why I did not include any Sci-Fi movies in my submission. For example Star Wars is the definition for Sci-Fi, but it also is very fitting for Fantasy, because of the element of the Force and Jedi and of course all the fantastic creatures, among other things.

I think many Anime and Animation movies do qualify as Fantasy, they always integrate lots of parts that do not exist in our world, magical and fantastical elements that create a world of their own. Aladdin is Fantasy, I mean it has a magical genie in it, and Atlantis is surely Fantasy, a legendary city under the water, what else do you need. Both are of course even more Adventure/Family/Animation movies, but also Fantasy.

I think it comes down to the individual how much you credit something as Fantasy.

That said, we have a huge amount of movies that will actually work for this award (even when another genre is the main genre of that movie). I truely hope members will carefully select the titles they choose to show, so they don't make it so hard for me 😅. I actually saw a few movies already that I would not have thought about, but then I decided they are okay.

Look at that

3244275bb8c9b11a12674152730115ba

Thank you for the additional picture @CAYENNE-FAHRER

It is time to welcome you to

new_award_glaskugel3.gif.d1a8f2bdc2e06ee78f582d80eb01e554.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Here’s my submission. Included the OG of fantasy movies, Ray Harryhausen, and some obscure movies that have been given new life by Deaf Crocodile. Pied Piper is an animated movie in the vein of Jan Svankmeyer and Brothers Quay, if you like either of those, you should definitely check out this release. Thank you to @extantsrevenge for always organizing these and @Cornbuster for the award design.IMG_1573.thumb.jpeg.de287a1a99492cc684ff5250e44f6cdf.jpeg

• Like 14

• ★ Administrators ★

Nice outside the box submission @hal56

giphy.gif

You do have a place in

new_award_fingerpoint.gif.50c26ae5de087f7560c7c6cee7c8d2ef.gif

@Gentleman not sure how Dark Phoenix slipped in here, not counting that 😅. I find it also very debatable how to categories The Hunger Games, I don't see it as Fantasy, it is a dystopia with more Sci-Fi elements in it. But I see blu-ray.com has listed it (for whatever reason) with a large bar of Fantasy 🤣. Good for @Cornbuster who does not have extra like you provided.

giphy.gif

Take your place in

new_award_ritter2.gif.ab543ff6e08a974e851703af7a925969.gif

@Cornbuster (see my comment above about Hunger games 🤣, you are lucky today)

giphy.gif

You're now part of

new_award_saroman2.gif.00e8c75ec4aa3b0ac4a0fa9c43079804.gif

2 hours ago, jwhitm3 said:

@extantsrevenge guess I have a different idea of fantasy.  I think of it as fantasy if there is technology that is completely unrealistic.

That sounds a lot like Sci-Fi to me 😜

Thank you for providing additional movies @jwhitm3

tumblr_mfymgwJRmU1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Now join us in

new_award_troll.gif.7be7c6fdd10f94b8c611910e16c1fb0f.gif

Yeah

giphy.gif

what a great selection @Mrdugan, happy to see such a pure Fantasy submission 😍, nicely done.

giphy.gif

Welcome to

new_award_unicorn4.gif.684babc640afd266c7646b8111f6e53e.gif

• Like 6

vor einer Stunde schrieb extantsrevenge:

@Gentleman not sure how Dark Phoenix slipped in here, not counting that 😅. I find it also very debatable how to categories The Hunger Games, I don't see it as Fantasy, it is a dystopia with more Sci-Fi elements in it. But I see blu-ray.com has listed it (for whatever reason) with a large bar of Fantasy 🤣. Good for @Cornbuster who does not have extra like you provided.

Good Luck Charlie What GIF

There are HUNDREDS of X-Men movies if you search for „fantasy“ on blu-ray.com…. Be glad I only took one!! 

idiot take one thing off GIF by Scout Durwood😅

• Haha 4

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, ncraft said:

@extantsrevenge Can we enter multiple different versions of the same movie? I may be able to reach this award off of the LOTR and the Hobbit alone 😂

For stage one we need 25 different movies, but I think when we have enough participats and interest for Stage 2 is high, members will have the chance to show also multible Editions of the same movies. But keep your eyes on the award section, we will have some great news for everyone who collects more than 1 Edition of a Film next week 😁

Waiting for new submissions

giphy.gif

and then

B1vC.gif

wow, look at that 😍 love the inclusion of all the great Anime movies @ethnosax

Welcome to

new_award_glaskugel4.gif.32fb8337297eb10c9aca65fc528c37a7.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3