IGNORED

Media Psychos Monster Award

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

The moment for a new award has arrived and what better time than Media Psychos Spooky Week to introduce you to the

MONSTER AWARD

new_award_alien_version_a.gif.4fc092bd44a4f7fa5bb676b17becfa97.gif

This Award is part of our Cinematic History Award group which will feature specifc movie decades (like the 80s) and different genres.

The first Stage in the Monsater Award is called: On Media Psychos No One Can Hear You Scream!

The monstrous awesome award logo was designed by @Cornbuster 🙏

2036472592_MonsterAward.png.5c2442dc6c3324566d0c94591b4d40bc.png

Monsters in all different shapes and sizes have terrified, hunted, frightened, spooked and entertained us for over 100 years now. Getting more aggressive and deadly each time, so now is the time to fight back and show us which Monster you have hunted down to add to your collection.

fcdb5aad6768d054adf30d186be65c0b4143551f

To receive Stage 1: On Media Psychos No One Can Here You Scream! members need to follow our simple rules.

You have to make and show us pictures of 25 different Monster Movies from your collection.

If you don't have 25 different Monster Movies you can show more editions of some of the movies. If you do that you need a total of 30 editions to receive the award.

Please show only a maximum of around 35 editions in this stage. Please include in your submission the type of Monster featured in the movie if the cover is not clearly showing the Monster and the movie is not as well known or older.

Important! Movies only count towards this award when the Monster is the main attraction of the movie! Meaning without the specific Monster/Monsters you would have no movie.

Besides the obvious Monsters, we also allow Vampires (but not the sparkly kind), Zombies and movies with "Killer Animals" like for example Jaws for this Award. On the Superhero front only the standalone movies for Venom and Hulk are allowed.

NOT ALLOWED!

- Movies with ghosts, devil stuff, demonic entities/possessions or paranormal events.

- Slasher Horror Movies like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street the list goes on.

- Dinosaurs (sorry no Jurassic Park)

- Dragons

- Fantasy Movies like LotR, Narnia, Warcraft and so on.

- Sci-Fi Movies like Star Wars, John Carter and others.

- All the Superhero Movies (except for those mentioned above).

Even when the occasional monster is showing up in a Superhero, Fantasy or Sci-Fi movie it does not mean that that makes it a monster movie.

We want to see the real monsters. There are enough out there and they range from grotesque to cute, so plenty to choose from.

This award is not limited to any specific packaging type! Everything is allowed! Steelbooks, Digipacks, Premiums, Amaray, Sets, even DVD or VHS if you still have them.

The pictures have to include your Media Psychos member card or other Media Psychos stuff, it can be a simple piece of paper on which you write your member name @ mediapsychos.com (for example). It really doesn't take that much time to add something like that and makes the pictures even more exciting for the community.

Please make sure that we can see the cover/front of each movie and edition, no spine pictures are allowed in this award.

Let the Monsters run wild!

giphy.gif

A special thanks goes to @raylight who created all the cool New Award and Award Received gifs you will see in this Topic and other topics.

A list of all awards can be found in our Award Central. It will continue to grow with many fun awards for you to get.

We hope many of you participate. And don't forget to show your appreciation for all the great pictures posted here and give them some likes

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for sharing your tremendous monster collections with the community.

giphy.gif

You all @extantsrevenge @pluto57 @bossjon @Reagh @Veum @JojoFrance76 @Rambo @Boilersteel @Rockntoni87 @hal56 @Toapel @Pbsw23 @Gary K @MikeH5856 @ShadowWarrior @Mrdugan @CAYENNE-FAHRER @Mutantsmiley @upmaniac @raylight @BlackWidow81 @Gentleman @cypheria078 @Chief_lookout @daetilus @ncraft @Wail @Cornbuster @jwhitm3 @tigrou82 @POLynch have shown that you are worthy recipients of the "On Media Psychos No One Can Here You Scream!" award.

giphy.gif

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I'm a huge Alien and Predator Fan, so I wanted to feature these mostly 😄. After I made the pictures I realized how many movies I forgot to include that I absolutely wanted to show. I guess these have to wait for a second stage. I really hope this award has many participants so we can get to that.

Since I'm currently rearranging my collection it was kinda hard to grab editions, anyway here is my entry.

1547147583_MonsterAwardStage11.thumb.JPG.d6c722b202f4e3fc61ebf751f1b06656.JPG

Hopefully we will get a Prey release soon.

1545656644_MonsterAwardStage12.thumb.JPG.323fd4aad60da367f6787f7cefd887e8.JPG

I would love a premium for Starship Troopers.

898634763_MonsterAwardStage13.thumb.JPG.c8204987e0536e1b3631ab83df72f875.JPG

• Like 21

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Thank you for this new award! I'll try it...

but, looking your pictures,....

what is behind in the second photo are all vinyls?

you deserve an award for it!! ;) 

These are comics 😊. Got lot more shelves full with them. I collect US Comics since the mid 90s. I actually wanted to include a few Aliens, Predator Crossover Comics with Batman, Superman, Green Lantern on my award pictures, but with organising the collection these days, it was to hard to get to them 😅.

• Like 11

• ★ Administrators ★

@JojoFrance76 please take a look at the rules again 😅. No Dragons, I also don't consider the Turtles, Angry Birds and the Smurfs as anything close to a Monster Movie. Beetlejuice would be a Ghost.

Pikachu I'm okay with. The Grinch 🤔, that I can also live with.

@pluto57 looking very good. Getting back to handing out awards later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Thank you for this new award! I'll try it...

but, looking your pictures,....

what is behind in the second photo are all vinyls?

you deserve an award for it!! ;) 

I really like how well you take care of them. :) 

By the way, in this award, the wonderful old Alien Quadrilogy, does it count as 1 or 4?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

The first Stage in the Monsater Award is called: On Media Psychos No One Can Hear You Scream!

2036472592_MonsterAward.png.5c2442dc6c3324566d0c94591b4d40bc.png

Thank you @Cornbuster & @raylight for your excellent logo/cool New Award and Award Received gifs❣️

So a start… 

C4F56420-2A32-4BD0-B60B-32E3FC3148BD.thumb.jpeg.766b2712b6c7c31a9c1d2766fe155306.jpeg

97D663E9-4061-457D-8DFB-C7F11F85C24F.thumb.jpeg.e31db2a886d37ca0f712ad3deb36369d.jpeg

Mike the only thing scary here is the quality of your camera!

Halloween Terrifying GIF by HULUCracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 13

Il y a 4 heures, extantsrevenge a dit :

@JojoFrance76 please take a look at the rules again 😅. No Dragons, I also don't consider the Turtles, Angry Birds and the Smurfs as anything close to a Monster Movie. Beetlejuice would be a Ghost.

Pikachu I'm okay with. The Grinch 🤔, that I can also live with.

@pluto57 looking very good. Getting back to handing out awards later.

Is it OK with these ones?

A9E06FD3-5BE5-4437-AB2B-221A118EC7EC.jpeg

Edited by JojoFrance76
  • Like 18

• ★ Administrators ★

Very nice selection @pluto57. I have not seen Forbidden World. District 9 I did not have on my radar for this, but I would consider the Aliens from ID4 as Monster, so I guess this should work too. Not that it matters since you have enough anyway. Impressive.

new_award_predator_version_b.gif.1315f8ecaba0520dd9c711af20519820.gif

@bossjon Children of the Corn is not allowed. I don't know Creepshow, has it Monster in it? It looks like I have some catching up to do, I have not seen Salems Lot or Dead Heat, looks like the Vampires and Zombies get much more use in this Award then I anticipated 😲

Nice collection.

new_award_alien_version_b.gif.1a83028cd5f1a0e5f0e987f1cac1e383.gif

@Reagh especially the first picture looks scary 😨, I don't know some of these so I will not look them up to see if they are okay to use since your collection is so large anyway 👍

new_award_alien_version_c.gif.703e98e8d37603a41cded756aa0cda31.gif

@Casiusco since the box is including all 4 I would allow it.

Awesome @Veum just for the record I will not allow The Invisible Man in this award as it is a Man and not a Monster even when he is part of the Universal Monster Group. But you are good anyway ☺️.

new_award_predator_version_c.gif.f702f640a03ad4000fc5ec3365e646f7.gif

That is better @JojoFrance76. From these Warcraft and John Carter are not allowed but you reach the needed amount. Congrats

new_award_alien_version_d.gif.44e45bdfaee8ff78c124e18cd239afa7.gif

Great submission @Rambo 👍. I want to add that from the Evil Dead Series I'm going to allow only Army of Darkness, the others are too much demonic in nature.

new_award_alien_version_g.gif.08cab396ec257ade0567fb02e63f0531.gif

Very nice @Boilersteel, cool submission/collection.

new_award_alien_version_h.gif.8707611ca2dcb120157b836d4e33c061.gif

That is already a great start for this award. The first few submissions have revealed a problem.... I don't know all the movies 😱, not such a Horror Fan, so on some older titles I don't know if they fit instantly.

I made a rule addition, which will go into effect from this point!

Please show only a maximum of around 35 editions in this stage. Please include in your submission the type of Monster featured in the movie if the cover is not clearly showing the Monster and the movie is not as well known or older.

fledermaus002.gif.d1b471d443164fcfa3df2442144c6045.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Very nice selection @pluto57. I have not seen Forbidden World. District 9 I did not have on my radar for this, but I would consider the Aliens from ID4 as Monster, so I guess this should work too. Not that it matters since you have enough anyway. Impressive.

new_award_predator_version_b.gif.1315f8ecaba0520dd9c711af20519820.gif

@bossjon Children of the Corn is not allowed. I don't know Creepshow, has it Monster in it? It looks like I have some catching up to do, I have not seen Salems Lot or Dead Heat, looks like the Vampires and Zombies get much more use in this Award then I anticipated 😲

Nice collection.

new_award_alien_version_b.gif.1a83028cd5f1a0e5f0e987f1cac1e383.gif

@Reagh especially the first picture looks scary 😨, I don't know some of these so I will not look them up to see if they are okay to use since your collection is so large anyway 👍

new_award_alien_version_c.gif.703e98e8d37603a41cded756aa0cda31.gif

@Casiusco since the box is including all 4 I would allow it.

Awesome @Veum just for the record I will not allow The Invisible Man in this award as it is a Man and not a Monster even when he is part of the Universal Monster Group. But you are good anyway ☺️.

new_award_predator_version_c.gif.f702f640a03ad4000fc5ec3365e646f7.gif

That is better @JojoFrance76. From these Warcraft and John Carter are not allowed but you reach the needed amount. Congrats

new_award_alien_version_d.gif.44e45bdfaee8ff78c124e18cd239afa7.gif

Great submission @Rambo 👍. I want to add that from the Evil Dead Series I'm going to allow only Army of Darkness, the others are too much demonic in nature.

new_award_alien_version_g.gif.08cab396ec257ade0567fb02e63f0531.gif

Very nice @Boilersteel, cool submission/collection.

new_award_alien_version_h.gif.8707611ca2dcb120157b836d4e33c061.gif

That is already a great start for this award. The first few submissions have revealed a problem.... I don't know all the movies 😱, not such a Horror Fan, so on some older titles I don't know if they fit instantly.

I made a rule addition, which will go into effect from this point!

fledermaus002.gif.d1b471d443164fcfa3df2442144c6045.gif

🥤🤠 What Nils @extantsrevenge the Invisible Man only terrorized hundreds with his dread and murdered hundreds, I’d call that MONSTROUS 😳

Boris Karloff Vintage GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Great monster stuff @Rockntoni87 you are lucky you had 30 without the Godzilla & Kong, because I wrote "No Spine Pictures" 😅

new_award_predator_version_a.gif.8ad6cfd81c281ccdefbfa36645944d20.gif

Awesome selection @hal56 that The Descent FS looks great

new_award_alien_version_f.gif.a68606e502dd7ff94df6c0ec7a1a77ae.gif

@Veum but he is a Man, and if we include him we would end up seeing simple killers here too because someone says that only a monster could kill. Remember I even excluded slasher characters like Jason and Freddy.

Very cool presentation @Toapel, the only one I would not allow is Evil Dead.

2031720411_QuickTypographyPack_free1.gif.16d4d7838115e6e5bf1ee5b92576202f.gif

kuerbis001.gif.85abf5063739eb82922a02a508fcf5b5.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Great monster stuff @Rockntoni87 you are lucky you had 30 without the Godzilla & Kong, because I wrote "No Spine Pictures" 😅

new_award_predator_version_a.gif.8ad6cfd81c281ccdefbfa36645944d20.gif

Awesome selection @hal56 that The Descent FS looks great

new_award_alien_version_f.gif.a68606e502dd7ff94df6c0ec7a1a77ae.gif

@Veum but he is a Man, and if we include him we would end up seeing simple killers here too because someone says that only a monster could kill. Remember I even exclused slasher characters like Jason and Freddy.

Very cool presentation @Toapel, the only one I would not allow is Evil Dead.

2031720411_QuickTypographyPack_free1.gif.16d4d7838115e6e5bf1ee5b92576202f.gif

kuerbis001.gif.85abf5063739eb82922a02a508fcf5b5.gif

Michael Keaton Batman GIF squirrel GIF

• Like 3