IGNORED

Media Psychos 80s Movie Award

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

We are happy to present to you the first new award in our new award category: Cinematic History Awards!

Activate your sound and hit play

Wow an 80s Award that is awesome because

c57f1111008269.560ef745995eb.gif

right?

I sure do, what an awesome decade for movies, music, toys and basically everything 😊

The First Stage is called: Back to the 80s and the amazing award members can get was created by @Pbsw23 🙏

80s Stage 1.png

To receive the 80s Movie Award Stage 1: Back to the 80s members need to follow our simple rules.

You have to make and show us pictures of 30 different 80s Movies from your collection. Include your favorites or a random selection, but make sure that the movies you show had an original release date between 1980-1989!

This award is not limited to any specific packaging type! Everything is allowed! Steelbooks, Digipacks, Premiums, Amaray, Sets, even DVD or VHS if you still have them.

The pictures have to include your Media Psychos member card or other Media Psychos stuff, it can be a simple piece of paper on which you write your member name @ mediapsychos.com (for example). It really doesn't take that much time to add something like that and makes the pictures even more exciting for the community.

Please make sure that we can see the cover/front of each movie, no spine pictures are allowed in this award.

And now lets do this

giphy.gif

A special thanks goes to @raylight who created the cool videos and all the New Award and Award Received gifs you will see in this Topic and other topics.

A list of all awards can be found in our Award Central. It will continue to grow with many fun awards for you to get.

We hope many of you participate. And don't forget to show your appreciation for all the great pictures posted here and give them some likes

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

How wonderful to see all these great 80s Movies/releases, simply great to celebrate this amazing decade here on MP.

giphy.gif

You all @extantsrevenge @raylight @bossjon @pluto57 @Reagh @hal56 @Gary K @Veum @Rockntoni87 @GuyIncognit0 @Rambo @CAYENNE-FAHRER @MikeH5856 @TheDavoser @ukade2327 @Boilersteel @Casiusco @Sotaboy @Lwaz @ShadowWarrior @cypheria078 @JojoFrance76 @Rebel @Mutantsmiley @Mrdugan @upmaniac @ncraft @Chief_lookout @Gentleman @javi @ethnosax @daetilus @jwhitm3 @Wail @Heywoodmoutaw @Gladiator_MV @POLynch have shown how much you appreciated the 80s and have now received the Back to the 80s Award!

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

• ★ Administrators ★

Here is my submission for the 80s Award 😃. The 80s brought us so many great movies, so many classics, so many great memories. When I picked the movies I wanted to include, I was reminded again how sad it is that almost non have received any premium treatment and that some still don't have a decent steelbook release. I mean those Lethal Weapon SBs are a joke. And that I had to include a DVD for Macross the Movie and Ewoks Battle for Endor... what a shame.

Anyway what a fantastic selection 😍

1982255874_Whatcanitbe.thumb.JPG.1ae7b29c5bc5f4581f288a54cf76d08b.JPG

• Like 26

• ★ Administrators ★
27 minutes ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

@extantsrevenge/Nils

wenn man zu einem Film mehrere Editionen hat,zählt das auch?

if you have several editions of a film, does that count too?

No, you need 30 different Movies.

dd77ec648bca7d408dc59a1984f533cf.gif

@raylight Jaws is from 1975 😵 The 36th Chamber of Shaolin is from 78 😜. The Chuck Norris Collection is not so good to use, I don't know what is included. So you would be at 29, then I see the American Fighter Collection and 1-3 are from the 80s so that is getting you back to 31.

But that Jaws deserves a spanking

minions-paddle.gif

Will get back to hand out awards later 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

vor 2 Stunden schrieb extantsrevenge:

@raylight Jaws is from 1975 😵 The 36th Chamber of Shaolin is from 78 😜. The Chuck Norris Collection is not so good to use, I don't know what is included. So you would be at 29, then I see the American Fighter Collection and 1-3 are from the 80s so that is getting you back to 31.

minions-paddle.gif

anschiss_klein.gif.dd531900d439ec95ab26594b2746bd08.gifHey, "Uncle Nutcracker", just to mention:

1583033652_grinsenundwinken.gif.fb5b37b3867f1b85426bb58ef1caad47.gif"The 36th Chamber of Shaolin" is the Trilogy Set (!) and part 2+3 are from the 80s

716299411_suchenundfindenneu2.gif.cb41d2db96409aa54de916855cb5615d.gif For "Jaws" I just grabbed the wrong title out of the shelf.

minions GIF  "Jaws 3" is from the 80s. Okay, I'll fix this. 🤪

Chuck Norris Collection contains:

• Cusack - Der Schweigsame (1985)
  • Delta Force (1986)
  • McQuade - Der Wolf (1983)
  • Missing in Action (1984)

All from the 80s (!) So what ?

Listen To Me Omg GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

minions-paddle.gif

I saw his Jaws and my first thought was that he should be excluded altogether from getting the award after making such a blunder.

a297fff690f43944fb064c2b7ca7cc8a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, hal56 said:

Here are some 80s movies I could watch every day and to which premium retailers werent overly kind so far.

Here we go:

image.thumb.jpeg.28cd05ded7a2d6fa549a1b0ed53bdbde.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5ec5c1d723a4311500735dd64703681a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9cd22d41b0bc9b8eb5ea8f23549b7800.jpeg

I had the Arrow A Fish Called Wanda but the picture quality was so bad that I threw it away in disgust.

Midnight Run has been at the top of my wishlist for ages, but I can only see a retailer like Imprint giving this cult classic an updated look in the form of a nice amaray slipcase.

• Like 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

I had the Arrow A Fish Called Wanda but the picture quality was so bad that I threw it away in disgust.

Midnight Run has been at the top of my wishlist for ages, but I can only see a retailer like Imprint giving this cult classic an updated look in the form of a nice amaray slipcase.

Bit surprised you dont like the Arrow transfer. I find it a good step up from previous releases with much cleaner print, better colour and still a nice grain field.

Midnight Run not having a premium is a crime really, one of the best of the 80´s. I gave up on hoping we will ever see a premium but a 4k would be nice (Kino, are you listening? Please!!!) Same goes for Badhams Stakeout and Landis` Into the Night and dont get me started on After Hours or Bird, one of Clints best work as director.

• Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★

80s movies are my sweet spot as I was a teen for most of the 80s.  Particularly horror and sci-fi so this was an easy one for me.  In fact I just grabbed whatever was most handy - most of which hadn’t been shelved/reshelved yet and augmented with some arrow limited editions and scream factory steelbook.

Thanks @extantsrevenge for such a fun one!

ECD8D7B5-5ECE-4D37-B774-F72B148032C4.thumb.jpeg.11259ef01c37fa920cb257736b288680.jpeg

• Like 18

• ★ Administrators ★
15 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

The shout factor Midnight Run is a pretty good version - but it definitely deserves a new scan and special treatment.  One of my favs….

• Like 2

Gerade eben schrieb Gary K:

80s movies are my sweet spot as I was a teen for most of the 80s.  Particularly horror and sci-fi so this was an easy one for me.  In fact I just grabbed whatever was most handy - most of which hadn’t been shelved/reshelved yet and augmented with some arrow limited editions and scream factory steelbook.

Thanks @extantsrevenge for such a fun one!

ECD8D7B5-5ECE-4D37-B774-F72B148032C4.thumb.jpeg.11259ef01c37fa920cb257736b288680.jpeg

Nils @extantsrevenge will really appreciate the awesome Halloween III edition. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3