IGNORED

What was your first 'Wow' moment watching a film?

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many of my favorites I grew up on were either broadcast on TV or rented at the video store. I’ve loved movies forever! But I think my first big WOW! moment came with seeing Jurassic Park at the theater, and being completely blown away by the then-brand new DTS. It was probably the first time I realized just how immersive and just flat-out awesome a movie could be. When the rain started falling while they’re stuck in the Jeep and the thud of the T-Rex’s footsteps before it makes it big debut? It was radical on so many levels! It was like being in that Jeep! It was amazing!
jurassic park dinosaur GIF

• Like 17

Growing up behind the iron curtain meant that you don’t have had so much movies from outside of the communist block they were showing in a cinema. But i remember when i was eleven or twelve the have shown Blue Thunder in our Cinema. There was the scene as they were flying through the streets of L.A. and a rocket was hitting a chicken roastery. When all the chicken were raining at the street i was laughing like hell. Never seen that before and i t was the start of loving movies for me. Childish in the back view ,i know 😂

• Like 17

• ★ Administrators ★

I have always loved movies, but the biggest early WOW moment that made me a lifelong fanatic would be my first viewing of Star Wars 😍. No specific scene the whole movie 😍

Excited Star Wars GIF

I was clued to the TV. So it is only fitting that it will always be my favorite movie.

Anyway before that happened I would say that it would be something from a James Bond Movie (like the volcanic headquarter in You Only Live Twice) and episodes from the original Star Trek Series. These 2 things we always watched together as a family since everyone was carzy about them 😃.

A huge WOW moment was also my first viewing of Batman 1989 in the cinema. It was my brothers birthday and I was normaly not old enogh for that rating so I was placed in the middle of all the kids when we entered and cinema staff obviously did not care or notice. What a great movie 😊

tim burton film GIF by hoppip

My parents would most likely say that my first WOW moment ever was Jaws 😂. I was still in Kindergarten (so 5 years or so) and my father let me watch this together with my brother and the next day I was is Kindergarten I started to talk about that.... when my mother came to pick me up that day she was scolded a lot by the Kindergarten teacher 🤣.

jaws GIF by Challenger

• Like 19

Can't remember my first "wow" moment but the one that I can remember is definitely the scene in Sicario where he shot the cartel boss's family. IIRC the director was initially going to let them live but I'm glad he kept it as is. What makes this scene so strong is that after Alejandro killed the family then purposely waited a few seconds to let the mob boss's pain & emotions to set in before finishing him off.

"Every night you have families killed. And yet, here you dine. Tonight should be no different."

• Like 11

Awards

I did not want to put a Wow of a movie already named, but as a child I was a big fan of dinosaurs, so the fact of seeing Jurassic Park for the first time in the cinema was something unmatched.

Highlight the first scene, right at the beginning of the movie, when they are all alert and armed by something that is locked in a cage and you can't see what's there.

And well, you know how the scene ends.😁

From there my love for those bugs and for the velociraptor in particular was confirmed.😍

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, hal56 said:

I was very young and had already seen a few horror movies but I wasnt prepared for the bizarre and innovative scares The Thing had in store for me, starting with the awesome and unforgettable Dog Scene. I was incredibly scared and impressed.  Still one of my favorite movies. 

2EEAB83E-25D4-4190-BF44-35223CCF1E8F.gif

Probably the best practical creature-effects in a movie.

• Like 6

so for me, there's a scene that made me say, but it's great, I want more like that, I was 6 years old and that Christmas, I received the VHS of  back to the future and I still have it by the way 😄 and when I saw this film it was simply a revelation, and the second part arrived a year later and the sequel and well, a lot of happiness and d  viewing hours

• Like 10

On 8/9/2022 at 6:19 PM, cypheria078 said:

My trickery having been unmasked, here is my first real wow 🙂

I watched the movie so many times....

@cypheria078  

Love this scene, It’s one of the few times a movie actually tricked me into believing the heroes wasn’t going to make it. When E.T. picked all of them up I was 🤯🤯🤯

• Like 5