IGNORED

What was your first 'Wow' moment watching a film?

R1s1ngs0n

As movie lovers, we all remember a specific moment in our lives when a certain scene has left us completely stunned, thinking to ourselves "this is the coolest thing I have ever seen", thus promptly igniting our love for this wonderful medium that is cinema.

What was your first such moment? it doesn't have to be from a movie you went to see in the theater, it could be anywhere - at your uncle's house, watching a used VHS tape with some friends.

I'm sure a lot of you won't be surprised to find that the following sequence is the one that not only turned me into a lifelong Bond fan at the tender age of 7, but made me a movie aficionado in general. 

Tagging some fellow movie buffs 😀

@extantsrevenge @deckard99 @Hollywood E Rock @cypheria078 @ukade2327 @DParadigm @Scary Hair @Squeegie McGee @Pbsw23 @Trianna @hal56 @BobaFett1974 @Boilersteel @Sidewinder @scohenmarinetech @ShadowWarrior @Cornbuster @bilbon @SteelWild @Fortis93 @Casiusco @Noir21

Also tagging @Veum although I already know he'll say he's too old to remember 😁

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 4

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fortis93 said:

You're on fire with these threads, mate. 😄

This is a hard one to try and recall, but it would probably have to be watching this movie (and this scene in particular) at 7 years of age when it was being shown on TV. 

Although I don't recall when was the first time I saw this movie, I'm pretty sure this scene would have been included in a top 10 'wow' moments if I had to compile one. It's really a no-brainer.

• Like 8

In my head I don’t remember the beginning, it just feels like there was never I time I wasn’t consuming films. So I don’t exactly remember my first moment, but I can share one of my oldest moments that fit’s the topic. The part that hit me was at about the 3:30 mark, in the theaters with my Uncle & the combination of the score. I was to hyped in my seat 😂. As a kid I always acted out the movies I watched, but this scene in particular I acted out around the house just in general. Especially when my parents bought me this cool Batman costume with a cape that was so long it dragged across the floor.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Mine may be a bit too predictable, but if you’re referring to one of the first times I felt a rush of euphoria that made me feel like anything in filmmaking is possible, then it’s got to be the climactic battle in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Must have been on a ratty VHS or Beta tape owned by my father. He wasn’t the biggest film buff, but he had the classics. I genuinely think my love of film came organically through having such a Spielberg-dominated childhood. It led me to track down what inspired Spielberg, sending me down a path I’m still walking down years later. 

Anyway, this scene…it contains the essence of filmmaking, which is storytelling through motion. Leone was known for making intimate moments like these outsized, reflecting the exact western myths he intended to revel in and break down repeatedly. 

Edited by scohenmarinetech
  • Like 15

Awards

2 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

In my head I don’t remember the beginning, it just feels like there was never I time I wasn’t consuming films. So I don’t exactly remember my first moment, but I can share one of my oldest moments that fit’s the topic. The part that hit me was at about the 3:30 mark, in the theaters with my Uncle & the combination of the score. I was to hyped in my seat 😂. As a kid I always acted out the movies I watched, but this scene in particular I acted out around the house just in general. Especially when my parents bought me this cool Batman costume with a cape that was so long it dragged across the floor.

pretty much feel the same way, been in love with movies forever.

But this was my first watch at the theater that I clearly remember haha

undefined

• Like 16

• ★ Administrators ★

No question for me, it was summer of 1976 when my older cousin and I snuck in to see Jaws while on vacation in Cape Cod.   I had heard all about the movie for the past year and had seen quite a few movies before, James Bond, planet of the apes and others all kicked off a love of movies.   But the scene below cemented it.  I was hooked forever and not just on movies but in that jolt of terror only the masters can effectively deliver.  To this day horror is still my favorite genre.  

needless to say for the rest of the summer my cousin and I stayed out of the water. 

• Like 14