Anime Collection

jaferris

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

il y a 40 minutes, Grendel a dit :

Heh heh, why the "confused" response @Magnifly buddy?
Mothra may not be "anime" but it's a really fun flik in the Japanese tradition of great Kaiju.

And the Berserk Vol-2 is the second hard-cover collection of the incredible manga the anime Berserk is based on.

Plus, I wasn't about to take 4 separate pictures, heh. 🙂

Ah no, it's not for that :)

But in fact there isn't the "waouh" emoji, and with the eyes it's most close of him, so here we are, no worries lol

• Haha 2

Il y a 2 heures, Grendel a dit :

^^ Hi my friend @Magnifly.

Are you asking if it has English dub and sub?

- yes, it has both.

This is the Funimation release and usually they have that. Not always, but usually.

My Grand-daughter, at 11, does not do so well at just subs (yet!)....🙂

Yes it was my question hehe. The release is really nice. I'm waiting mine in the next days 

• Like 2

Well, I finally got the Gatchaman: Complete Collection. The price on Amazon finally dropped to $65 last weekend, so I jumped on it. The price has since gone back up to $100. This is 15 Blu-ray discs. Beautiful full slip. 48-page Alex Ross artbook. Lots of extras. Looking forward to checking it out and seeing how the series differs from the Westernized Battle of the Planets that I grew up on.

Science Ninja Team, go!

4D9EE2F1-4AF6-415F-97BB-A9161F2A5E88.thumb.jpeg.6c0c1be663fe9e5b398e04d6cae9ed19.jpeg

3CEFC870-422C-4C25-9D01-A0AD1999C3B8.thumb.jpeg.cd163403282b6dfffb215314e98e65f1.jpeg739C9F67-54FA-402F-8376-D047DEE74319.thumb.jpeg.08bfaf28c72908b64723bb1a4de29294.jpeg

Edited by DarthEd
  • Like 3

Awards

1 hour ago, DarthEd said:

Well, I finally got the Gatchaman: Complete Collection. The price on Amazon finally dropped to $65 last weekend, so I jumped on it. The price has since gone back up to $100. This is 15 Blu-ray discs. Beautiful full slip. 48-page Alex Ross artbook. Lots of extras. Looking forward to checking it out and seeing how the series differs from the Westernized Battle of the Planets that I grew up on.

Science Ninja Team, go!

4D9EE2F1-4AF6-415F-97BB-A9161F2A5E88.thumb.jpeg.6c0c1be663fe9e5b398e04d6cae9ed19.jpeg

3CEFC870-422C-4C25-9D01-A0AD1999C3B8.thumb.jpeg.cd163403282b6dfffb215314e98e65f1.jpeg739C9F67-54FA-402F-8376-D047DEE74319.thumb.jpeg.08bfaf28c72908b64723bb1a4de29294.jpeg

Hi @DarthEd, that looks fantastic as I’m just getting into Anime! 🎞️

I enjoy Alex Ross’ art a lot! ⚰️

20E66318-93F3-4DAA-96E3-0C5B7605D327.thumb.jpeg.1ecb1fb003a93a586d834434b784e2a6.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my Anime loving buddies!

Haven't cruised here for a while I guess.

Not much new anime for myself as of late but I have been picking up some lovely editions for my Grand-daughter's upcoming birthday.

Including;

- Record of Lodoss War ( new re-release)

- CardCaptor Clear Card (1 + 2)

- Ouran High School Host Club

- Your Name

- My Hero Academia (S-1 LE, S-2 Pt-1+2)

Also, her latest craze has been all things Princess Mononoke, so picked these up for her;

image.png.75120147dd2b122201c78b651222bcec.png

image.png.7239e99e05d59ed3b7617f7bab675cb3.png

image.png.68cf60b278440390091a25dcedbca34a.png

The silk on canvas painting is not a bad size, (approx 15x30 in), the biggest they had.
I won't have a chance to show pics on arrival of the PM items, as they are going straight to her house (in my Daughters name though, so my Grand-daughter doesn't open them, heh).

My G-D bears more than a slight resemblance to San, as well....🤗

image.jpeg.1d87c5855a788813dfe0d036911660e5.jpeg

Cheers! 🙂

note: bad rez of her pic, I know, blame my Daughters old potato phone, not me...heh.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Good Morning my Anime loving friends; ( special flag to @extantsrevenge )

Just wanted to quickly mention, Kimchi has on sale right now, the incredible WeET "Hellsing" box set I've posted picks of here before.  🤗

image.png.dbb5d1868a6488b182432806ab1f208b.png

Right now, it's on for $100usd, which is less than half the price it was originally!

Now, true, it is not English friendly but if you already have a copy of the series to watch, this is an incredibly gorgeous set to own for the art.

And since I'm sure some of you have double dipped before on titles, with a premium you have for collectability and another copy to watch, I'd suggest this mind-set applies here as well.

Kimchi Link;

https://kimchidvd.com/en/goods/search.kimchi?searchWrd=hellsing&view=&media=Blu-Ray&searchCnd=eng_title

I doubt it will last long at this price so don't ponder the consideration for too long! 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello again my Anime Loving Friends!;

So, finally, after a year long wait, my eagerly and anxiously awaited figure of Fate: Grand Order, Jeanne D'Arc (Alter) [aka J'Alter] ha finally arrived!

It is huge and it is gorgeous!

It's also stupid rare and stupid expensive but...that describes most of my life....

I'll get to unboxing it soon as I figure out where the hell I'm gonna put it. The box is quite nice as well so no panic on that.

Pictured alongside it, is the Metal-pak from France for the NGNL:Zero film, which will provide a bit of scale to the statue.

It does not have English but no matter, got 3 other editions of the flik, heh. It does come with a nice booklet though.

I think it will look nice displayed beside the NGNL series Steel coming out in Jan '20 and I'll take a pic of them both together beside the respective figs of Shiro and Schwi.  🤗

Here's...J'Alter!

J'Alter fig 60.JPG

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
33 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hello my Anime Loving Friends!

Well, I placed a little order today with Sentai, for a show I've meaning to get for a bit.

A little thing called "Legend Of The Galactic Heroes".

Sounds cool, I wonder what it's about?  😉

legend heroes GIF

Awesome @Grendel you just did order the BEST ANIME IN HISTORY 😍.

legend heroes GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...