IGNORED

Anime Collection

jaferris

So I was very fortunate that my Sentai orders arrived today and they are all in excellent condition, since Sentai knows how to pack items as pricey as Anime Blu-rays...๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

The post a little further up already shows then in detail but wanted to include a home pic of what my Girls will be receiving shortly. ๐Ÿค—

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.293c1db61b8b53761510644eb0478a11.jpeg

ย 

I have some time before I need send these though, as the last box I sent them just recently arrived.

So definitely want to spin some of these up again before they leave, such as;

- Shiro Bako

- Atelier Escha & Logy, and

- Chaika

๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be forgotten, I also picked up the Steel for NGNL, a series I very much enjoy for rather inexplicable reasons.

I figured I might as well show it as part of my hopefully now, complete collection, heh. ๐Ÿคฉ

ย 

So, from top left to bottom right, we have;

- Shiro 1/7 scale fig from NGNL

- NGNL Blu: amaray

- Schwi 1/7 scale fig from NGNL:0

- NGNL Artbook (it's huge, gorgeous and hardcover)

- NGNL Blu: Collector's Edition: includes OST on CD and OVAs (that's a mortgage payment now)

- NGNL Manga (vol 1)

- NGNL Light Novel (vol 1)

- NGNL:0 Blu: Collector's Edition: includes OST on CD

- NGNL: Blu: SteelBook

- NGNL:0 Blu: SteelBook

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.2a03ac71731e6b69ec6d7c3d8d159790.jpeg

ย 

As @extantsrevenge mentioned previously, I'm very happy that some of our more appreciated shows are getting Steels.

Looking forward to;

- Samurai Champloo

- Berserk

- Vamp D

- and a few others.

Right now seems to be a very worthwhile era to be a fan of Anime... again...๐Ÿคญ

ย 

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…

Great stuff @Grendel, girls will be very happy and I think you will have a good time too.

b16961a16bb34e79c9163b283948495bdff54138

ย 

Shirobako is very nice. P.A. Works is one of my favorite studios as they have such outstanding animations most of the time. They also produced my new arrival Maquia.

ย 

My favorite show from them is Hanasaku Iroha, such a lovely main character.

original.gif

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^ Thanks buddy. I agree!

Ya know, I think this would be a much better world if everyone would just chill the fish out and watch some CGdCT Anime at least once a week. ๐Ÿค”

I saw your new arrivals @extantsrevenge and commented there... gorgeous!

Hey my friend, we won't be the least bit upset if you post them here too, ya know?

๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2

Semi-New arrivals; ๐Ÿ™‚

Haruhi was a long wait, as Amz.ca ran out of stock after I ordered but put me on a waiting list regardless, 'til new stock came in I guess.
Very happy to finally get this set for my G-D but plan to re watch it myself first for, ya know, QA...๐Ÿ˜€

I'll get "Disappearance" for her as well but no panic right now. ( well maybe a little panic, got it in, see below, heh)

I honestly can't recall if I posted pics of my Blue Exorcist sets before but ah well, no harm done. ๐Ÿ™‚
I again had to resort to Region B discs to get them and since my kids don't as yet have a Region All player, looks like I'll be buying that for them pronto as well.
Time to kill off this region blocking issue for them once and for all.

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.a04f9a68ea67e1347daa8a92b023d054.jpeg

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Just a few new ones;
I debated a long time whether to pick-up the CEs for Overlord as I wasn't quite sure how invested I'd become.
Well, with the S-1 'Classics' ed so cheap (($26Cdn) I couldn't justify not owning it in some iteration, heh.
S-2 is currently $36Cdn but if it slips a bit below that, I'll grab it as well.
Tanya I planned to pick up regardless and was in fact, just waiting for an 'Essentials' ed to snag.
Anime Gataris is for my girls. I think they will be happy with it ๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.5189c8d0448405492cea1eb91a55171a.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

I'm not sure if many of you have heard of a Vid Station on YouTube call "Nightcore"?

ย 

They play music from anime shows, usually in a collage mix but sometimes unique 'long' versions of prized tunes, sung in an anime "style".

Hard to describe but it's like The Chipmunks, on Helium.

Do NOT be disparaged by that description though please, as it sounds very cool, in an anime sort of way, heh.

Here's one of them linked.

Monsters: by Katie Sky (sung in an anime voice) ๐Ÿฅฐ

note: main song is only 3:30 long, the rest of the hour repeats and adds a lot of instrumental, which is cool.

Highly recommend at least listening to the initial song, very powerful.

I usually choke up listening to this as I've been on both sides of that coin. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Cheers my friends;

ย 

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, me again.

Um, is anyone else out there still buying anime? ๐Ÿคช

If so, we'd love to see 'em!

ย 

Here's a few new treasures I've received yesterday and today; ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

- FMP; S-1 and Fumoffu (S-2 awaiting shipment)
- Desert Punk; full set (DvD). Got tired of waiting for a Blu release
- Black Clover; S-1 complete (my G-D will be very excited to get this)
- White Haired Witch; (WellGo release, subbed)
- Detective Dee; 4 Heavenly Kings ( I've heard it's not quite up to the calibre of the earlier Dee fliks but I love them so had to get it anyway).

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.e3e24cc9bd89912cda36e7e97e6b7935.jpeg

ย 

๐Ÿค—

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
On 5/31/2020 at 12:06 AM, Grendel said:

ย 

Um, is anyone else out there still buying anime? ๐Ÿคช

I'm

tenor.gif

but not as much as you do @Grendel, most new series are only 1 time watch so no disc purchase and sadly on many other I still wait for a release.

ย 

It is unbelievable that a series like Monster or Sports Classics like Touch, Yawara, Major or Fighting Spirit do not have any releases, not even on DVD ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ย 

Anyway, great new stuff, especially Full Metal Panic

a063f8d876a91f4a4136dc14316d3506.gif

ย 

• Like 3

Thanks @extantsrevenge;

Yeah, buying anime for 3 people vice just myself, makes for a few more frequent purchases...heh.

I don't see that slowing down any time soon either, for as my Grand-Daughter gets older, she will be able to watch more mature themed shows.

Mind, I'm not buying her Hellsing or Elfen Lied any time soon but she's getting pretty involved in Shonen fliks as of late and still lots of those on the market!

Cheers! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

• Like 3

Thanks @extantsrevenge...๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

I'm indeed a very lucky man to have a relatable bond with my Grand-Daughter, that spans 3 thousand miles...๐Ÿค—

My Daughter as well is a big anime fan, we actually got into it together while she was growing up.

To her, I send the more mature ones, Hellsing, Vamp D, GitS, Magus Bride, etc.

One cool thing at least, as my G-D gets older, Mom can open up her library to her and I won't need to double/triple(?) dip, heh. ๐Ÿคก

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning @extantsrevenge;

I recall you mentioning the lack of Sports classic shows like "Touch".

Have you by chance checked out;

- Mix: Meisei Story? (Studio OLM)

It's a spiritual successor and distant sequel to Touch.

It's by the same author, Mitsuru Adachi.

Looks like very cool retro animation was used to show the relationship as well.

Amz.com has both S-1 and S-2.

Not cheap, but you should be able to find clips online to check out and then determine if it's something you'd like.

Here's a link to Amazon so you can check out the stats at least. ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.amazon.com/Mix-Part-Blu-ray-Bryan-Massey/dp/B082PQ6YML/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3NRAHBQ4J6M0M&dchild=1&keywords=mix+meisei+story&qid=1591850187&s=movies-tv&sprefix=mix%3A+mei%2Cmovies-tv-intl-ship%2C169&sr=1-1

ย 

Pics:

Mix: Part One [Blu-ray]ย ย ย  Mix: Part Two [Blu-ray]

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Soundwave said:

ย 

Oh my god what is that Vampire Hunter D steelbook & where can I get it??

ย 

I NEEEEEEED THATย 

ย 

Neil

ย 

๐ŸฅคHi @Soundwave,

ย 

If you are able to get shipping to your country UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง here you go:ย Vampire Hunter D [Blu-ray] Steelbook

ย 

image.jpeg.c41ed987ff45e4e4b986088d9ffad106.jpegimage.jpeg.ec219553db161adf9b836d0b9768d651.jpegย ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Soundwave ๐Ÿ™‚

I saw @Veum had already responded with my source so didn't replicate the info.

I am curious though if you in fact placed an order?

If Amazon.com (US) still won't deliver to you in the UK, perhaps if you made a request from our US Hub, @Masterblaster, he could order one for you?

Here's the thread link such requests are made at;

https://mediapsychos.com/forum/175-steelbook-requests/

ย 

Be sure to tag @Masterblaster and be sure to include a link to the purchase option for him. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers buddy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm happy to announce that I still have some lovely treasures flowing in on occasion.

I received all these today (except for Mob, just wanted to show him with big brother Saitama ). ๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

- Madoka 1st 2 films (chipboard box slipcase, individual amarays): Includes a very nice booklet

- Madoka 3rd film (slipcase): Includes a very nice booklet

- Junji Ito Art Book (gorgeous!)

- One Punch Man S-1 (beautiful window pane slip)

- Mob Psycho 100 S-1 (slip)

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.875f89bab7555416cd40270814520ab2.jpeg

ย 

Edit: Oh, I'll do an Art Book collection of photos for the "Related" Thread in a bit but wanted to at least show it finally arrived today. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks;

The anime pickin's been a bit slow as of late but considering the massive box of treasures I just sent my girls, perhaps that's a good thing! ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

I did manage to have this finally arrive.

Ordered from Best Buy.ca for a change up and lucked in to a lovely sale price; $65 Cdn.ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

Avatar: The Last Airbender: SteelBook (x3) series set (box is metal enhanced as well).

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.afaf7877d60efcc434e46a84d206bf32.jpeg

ย 

It will eventually make its way to my girls but not until I've watched it again, first! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
1 minute ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

The anime pickin's been a bit slow as of late but considering the massive box of treasures I just sent my girls, perhaps that's a good thing! ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

Ordered from Best Buy.ca for a change up and lucked in to a lovely sale price; $65 Cdn.ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

Avatar: The Last Airbender: SteelBook (x3) series set (box is metal enhanced as well).

ย 

ย 

It will eventually make its way to my girls but not until I've watched it again, first! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

ย 

ย 

Hey my friend @Grendelย that looks very nice ๐Ÿ‘ congrats ๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆย 

ย 

happy for you congratulations GIF

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
Spoiler
On 8/29/2020 at 3:56 AM, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Nice @Grendel, I never watched the series. Is it really so good? IMDb has it on #12 of the Top TV Series of all time ๐Ÿ˜ณ. Makes me wonder if I have to grab that Set, before it is gone ๐Ÿ˜…

• Like 1