Anime Collection

jaferris

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

@Grendel amazing my friend 😍, already posted my excitement here.

Two ways to watch Movie 1 & 2, Main Series and Gaiden. Or chronological, then you have to start with the Gaiden Episodes. If you need the exact order let me know (I got it 😃).

Very happy to see that someone else now has this absolute treasure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarthEd said:

I’m enamored with the (just announced on RightStuf) Clannad steelbook, but I haven’t watched any of Clannad. Have any of you? If so, what do you think of it?

Yes watched it, but loved After Story more 😭 so heartbreaking. I recommend it if you like Visual Novel style series with a lot of romance and of course the typical comedy. After Story though gets a little more mature with themes of grieving, growing up and taking responsibility.

friend GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
11 hours ago, DarthEd said:

I’m enamored with the (just announced on RightStuf) Clannad steelbook, but I haven’t watched any of Clannad. Have any of you? If so, what do you think of it?

I love Clannad, it is a lot of fun, I found After Story very depressing 😭. Anyway Kyoto Animation is simply an awesome Studio. I can fully recommend the series.

sad manga GIFnagisa furukawa GIF

Nice selection @Trianna you have to get the other Ghibli too 😍

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I love Clannad, it is a lot of fun, I found After Story very depressing 😭. Anyway Kyoto Animation is simply an awesome Studio. I can fully recommend the series.

sad manga GIFnagisa furukawa GIF

Nice selection @Trianna you have to get the other Ghibli too 😍

Yep I know 😁 also the works of Makoto Shinkai, AoT, Death Note,...and I hope they will be a decent version of NGE 😪

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
41 minutes ago, Trianna said:

Yep I know 😁 also the works of Makoto Shinkai, AoT, Death Note,...and I hope they will be a decent version of NGE 😪

neon genesis evangelion GIF

OH Yeah, Neon Genesis is one of the series that started my love for Anime. Still one of my all time favorites. When they announced the BD releases in Japan some years ago I was so happy and thought we would soon get something but nothing happend 😭. The Japanese releases has no english subtitles so sadly not possible for me 😥. I can't believe that one of the most influential Animes ever has no BD outside of Japan and is basically no longer available. This Year is the 25th Anniversary so I hope something will happen.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

neon genesis evangelion GIF

OH Yeah, Neon Genesis is one of the series that started my love for Anime. Still one of my all time favorites. When they announced the BD releases in Japan some years agao I was so happy and thought we would soon get something but nothing happend 😭. The Japanese releases has no english subtitles so sadly not possible for me 😥. I can't believe that one of the most influential Animes ever has no BD outside of Japan and is basically no longer available. This Year is the 25th Anniversary so I hope something will happen.

Yeah same, especially since Netflix got it now although with the god awful new german dub...but even then it would be nice having the option of watching it with subtitles 😑 hope it will get the release it deserves...

evangelion GIF

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

eru chitanda anime smile GIF

nice new additions @Grendel. I'm so happy about my Akira too. The Lenti is simply breathtaking with the awesome finish on the back. Blue Full-Slip is also very cool. The Thin Slip A is dood, but sadly no great finish. I find is awesome that we got a Premium to the movie, I wouldn't have expected that would ever happen. I hope the retailers will release more old movies and not always the new and same catalogue titles.

• Like 4

Il y a 4 heures, Grendel a dit :

My beloved Akira arrived ( talk about sweating bullets over an acquisition!) 🤯

I'm sending the 2nd I.Q. to my lovely girls, just awaiting a few more before I send their next box, heh.

My G-D is growing a collection that would rival many a fan, hee...🥳

image.thumb.jpeg.8de3d9730e830c3c0025f77d976017c3.jpeg

Nice arrivals hehe :) 

I'll show you mine tonight ^^ (I've 2)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grendel said:

^^ That's a really sweet start to a great Anime collection @Trianna well done!

Which release of GoS is that? The covers look different to me.

Please continue to post more of your treasures as you receive them, as we all here love to see other collections. 🤗

Thank you, my Akira arrived yesterday, too so the collection is still growing 😍 

The GoS was the regular german release from Kazé unfortunately these are still DVDs but I will upgrade and complete all the series soon. 

IMG_20200207_174652_128.thumb.jpg.23e140bda445d677fb3c255badf8f388.jpg

It's really beautiful 😍

• Like 4

Thanks for your reply @Trianna, 🙂

That GoS set is gorgeous whether dvd or Blu so I'd personally hang on to that.

As for a Blu edition, Amz.uk has the best deal going currently, the full set for 87 Quid and it is a clone of the Aniplex release ( see my pics on page 11).

Similarly, MVM is also now offering "Cells At Work" for 25 quid and I've heard its' PQ/AQ is Aniplex standards so a no-brainer there.

My girls want CaW really bad and so I now gotta make a decision;

- buy them the Aniplex ed, or

- buy them a region all player and kill this issue of region blocking once and for all!

I'm truly leaning on the latter....

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grendel said:

Thanks for your reply @Trianna, 🙂

That GoS set is gorgeous whether dvd or Blu so I'd personally hang on to that.

As for a Blu edition, Amz.uk has the best deal going currently, the full set for 87 Quid and it is a clone of the Aniplex release ( see my pics on page 11).

Similarly, MVM is also now offering "Cells At Work" for 25 quid and I've heard its' PQ/AQ is Aniplex standards so a no-brainer there.

My girls want CaW really bad and so I now gotta make a decision;

- buy them the Aniplex ed, or

- buy them a region all player and kill this issue of region blocking once and for all!

I'm truly leaning on the latter....

Another vote @Grendel for you to get the all region player (get the best 4K (modded) all region blu-ray player 💽 you can... I own several and it is/was the best investment I’ve ever made as of yet 😉)! 😋 😎 😘

i voted election day GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Magnifly said:

@Grendel & @extantsrevenge

20200209_094315.thumb.jpg.bce63b4cbd212a139155f2b465448fbd.jpg

Hi @Magnifly that looks gorgeous... what is the name of this Anime?

I’m not familiar w/Anime as I’m just now thinking of REALLY getting into this genre!

@Trianna / @extantsrevenge / @Grendel / @Magnifly as I’m just now wanting to get serious w/Anime (I do have a few Castlevania S1 and few others)

what would be the better ones to get first for me (could you elaborate on the sub-genres in Anime i.e. horror, drama, any Westerns?,  even a little great sexy R-rated ones would entice me more lol!)

cosmo kramer seinfeld GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Veum said:

what would be the better ones to get first for me (could you elaborate on the sub-genres in Anime i.e. horror, drama, any Westerns?,  even a little great R-rated ones would entice me more lol!)

Why don’t you ask @Trianna she’s a big Anime fan and will no doubt be able to make you some good suggestions...especially for the last part 😜

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

il y a 6 minutes, Veum a dit :

Hi @Magnifly that looks gorgeous... what is the name of this Anime?

I’m not familiar w/Anime as I’m just now thinking of REALLY getting into this genre!

@extantsrevenge / @Grendel / @Magnifly as I’m just now wanting to get serious w/Anime (I do have a few Castlevania S1 and few others)

what would be the better ones to get first for me (could you elaborate on the sub-genres in Anime i.e. horror, drama, any Westerns?,  even a little great R-rated ones would entice me more lol!)

cosmo kramer seinfeld GIF

You should begin hehe!

It's The Garden of Words

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Why don’t you ask @Trianna she’s a big Anime fan and will no doubt be able to make you some good suggestions...especially for the last part 😜

I bet you have a whole lot of bookmarks for hentais 😂

But for serious suggestions @Veum you should check out this post by @Grendel:

Though those are mostly horror/dark fantasy animes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2