Anime Collection

jaferris

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY NICE @extantsrevenge my friend!

I'm missing a couple of those but have a couple different ones as well.

I quite like the KSM Lmtd ed.  of 2.0.

It looks like a Steelbook (or Metalpack), is it?

I also see you bought both versions of the Korean release, obsessed much? hee hee 😀

Can't blame you though. One of my fave anime of all time.

Oh, since you also appreciate mangas, you may wish to consider the Omnibus boxed HC set; (GORGEOUS and in colour!)

Link; (Amazon.com) only $44usd! A steal at that price!

https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shell-Deluxe-Complete-Box/dp/1632366428/ref=sr_1_1?crid=W3PMAZD5MBAE&keywords=ghost+in+the+shell+manga&qid=1558732391&s=books&sprefix=ghost+in+the+shell+manga%2Cmovies-tv-intl-ship%2C174&sr=1-1

Pic;

image.thumb.jpeg.8b2175543ba4ca7b52b12c4de6c77a0b.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi @Grendel I already have the US Version of the Manga, sadly the first release of this edition did not have a box. Anyway the US Version is still cut, missing 1 or 2 pages (because of the sex scene 😰). They did not mention in the text for the release, very disappointing. But to be hones the Manga version is not that good anyway.

The German Editions are Futurepaks, so not as perfect as a Steelbook, but they turned out rather good.

Yeah, I know 😅, when I ordered the Korea Versions I did not realize that the regular was inside the other edition. But I got number 6 on the regular, so no way I'm giving that away 😁

• Like 1

HI Buddy;

I guess because this set is my first exposure to the manga I was more easily impressed and would not have known about the censoring.

Regardless, I quite love it and for the price (well actually when I bought mine, it was $70) worth it to me. 🤗

Oh and thanks for the info on the Futurepacks! I think I may need to look into those!

Cheers my friend!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

Hi Folks!

Dang, I wish I had got home sooner and had chance to mention to you folk that Kimchi had the limited edition of GitS up for half price.

They sold quick (no doubt).

Did anyone by chance luck in?

I purchased mine day 1 of release, so I'm good and I know @extantsrevenge has BOTH copies, heh heh! 😀

Their 'Summer Sale' is still ongoing though and they have some lovely titles on sale, so drop by!

I picked up;

- Farewell My Concubine, and

- Malena ( as I'd watch Monica Bellucci read the darn phone book...)

I already have most of their other offers.

😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

I wanted to take a moment to mention the following;

There are a lot, and I mean A LOT of You-Tubers that discuss Anime on You-tube but if you want my vote for most entertaining, while still being informative, I gotta give it to "Gigguk". 🤗

He's been around for a while and yet still consistently makes me laugh at every upload he presents.

When I first discovered the guy, I binge watched his episodes for 3 hours and laughed so hard my stomach hurt!

Yes, Mother's Basement and others are quite informative but for humorous presentation, Gigguk nails it.

Do yourself a favour and check him out!

(No, I'm a Canuck and he's Thai, so I have no affiliation with the guy, heh hehe). 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my Anime loving friends!

Received a couple of lovely editions;
- Heroic Legend of Arslan Pts 1-2 (Universal UK lmtd boxed eds. - Blu)
- Vampire Knight ( Viz: complete series - DVD)   [no Blu yet available]
Very happy with the sturdy chipboard Boxes the Arslan sets came in, as Amz.uk packing box was used as a Door-jam somewhere (arrived unblemished). 🙂

image.thumb.png.ad2b8a615df3a58386161d99098ba6d2.png

• Like 2

Hi folks!

So I ordered a few more Blus over the past couple of days and I'll of course post pics when they arrive;

Just ordered "Blood Lad" (CE) from Amz.uk for 25 quid with shipping and import fee. Darn good price! icon_smile.gif
Has Eng dub + sub. note: R-B of course.

image.png.9afced0882bfaffcfa096ec764ef277d.png

Also;

Just bought Blue Exorcist S-1 (21 quid) and S-2 Pt-1 (12 quid) from Amz.uk.
Had to order S-2 Pt-2 ($16usd) from Amz.com though as UK was only offering it to Prime members but that's fine.

Also, the Elfen Lied Steelbook is down to $66usd on Amz.com and may even go lower.

If you are interested, I'd suggest locking in now with their "lowest price guarantee", heh.

Cheers! 😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

@Grendel Thank you! She’s from My Hero Academia haha. The things in the back are Figpins! They’re really nice pins that come in a display case, the company is barely starting to hit it big. I have to admit that I was disappointed with BL, we watched it and it seemed like it abruptly ended. We wanna get into Goblin Slayer, it looks really good! 

• Like 2

Awards

20 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi @KingRagnar;

Yeah, I heard that BL leaves it open for a sequel that has yet to see the light of day.

Here's hoping we get one!

"Figpins" you say?

Do you by chance have a link to their website? I wouldn't mind checking out their offers.

Cheers! 😀

Hello again! Here ya go! https://figpin.com/

The good thing about their pins is that it’s impossible to “fake” a pin. Every pin comes with a unique # on the back that can be registered on their app. They’re branching out their anime lines, they’re doing Evangelion (don’t know if I spelled that right lol) and One Punch Man later this year. 

Awards

Hi there @KingRagnar, @DarthEd, @extantsrevenge, @Hatori, @Terje Iversen and all the gang I'm forgetting!

Thanks for the link to 'Figpins', KR !

They have some very cool ones (i.e. love ALL the Assassins Creed pins, heh).

I had hoped to place an order for a couple but they only deliver inside the USA, unfortunately.

Well, my Daughter and her family live in the USA so I'll chat to her about these.

On another note, I received a lovely edition yesterday of the CE for "Castlevania" released by "All The Anime" in the UK.

Unfortunately, they just recently sold out on their web-page BUT Zavvi still has some, for 25 quid.

It's larger than I expected, due to the book contained within the gorgeous slipcase.

Here's a pic of it (on the left) beside the 'Standard' release.

Cheers my friends!

image.thumb.jpeg.533c45405b303d751d731fe4c572569f.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @Sheikah and welcome to the Anime forums!

You've started off with some GREAT pics of your treasures, love the "Your Name" set especially! 🤩

We hope to see many more pics of your wonderful collection as it grows my friend!

Cheers! 🤗

Thanks @Grendel,

I've always just watched my favorite animes online at places like crunchyroll, and had small, inexpensive things like that Avatar complete series. Once I saw that Your Name set though, I decided I might as well jump into this pool a little as well since I already spend a good amount on other physical media 😂

You can find that set on ebay for around $60-$80 so not too bad though.

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

You did not give me a like 😥😉.... @Grendel not much to tell about it 😂, ordered, waited, saved money, got it  😂. Okay I will give you the longer version.

The Prime-1 Berserk Line was introduced in 2017 with this figure

upmbr-01ex_05_1.jpg

and I was like

giphy.gif

that is awesome 😍 but so expensive 😱, so I thought about it a lot, but initially decided not to go for it.

Second figures was announced

upmbr-02_a03.jpg

awesome again, but not really a character I would spend so much on, but I was sad about not getting Guts.

Then 3rd statue reveal

upmbr-04_a08.jpg

After that I could not take it anymore, I really wanted one, but could not order the First Guts for a good price, so I ordered this in 2017 😳. They always have 2 versions 1 Exclusive with some extra stuff, mostly another Head. Normally I wold have loved to get the Exclusive but I ordered at a wholesaler and they only allowed Exclusive if you order 2 regular as well, safe to say that would never happen 😂. Could have ordered the exclusive elsewhere but I did not feel like spending even more, especially since I did not know the quality of Prime-1 at the time.

Anyway, sometime after I ordered this, I asked about the possiblity of getting the first Guts in the Exclusive Version, and to my surprise the answer was, "Yeah we have enough orders for the regular, so we have extras of the Exclusive" .... so I ended up ordering that as well 😅. The good thing they take some time until they are released, so you can safe some money. Got my First Guts late August (last year) and it is absolutely amazing, the quality and detail is out of this world, so huge, so awesome, but takes a lot of space.

I would have probably not ordered the Berserk Armor Version, when I would have secured the other before, but I could not cancel, so 2 years after I ordered it finally arrived as well. Again an absolute amazing piece, love it. If you think about the prices of One-Clicks these days, the statue doesn't feel that expensive anymore 😂, as you get a lot for your money. But I have to admit, the collectors marked has gotten much more expensive in recent years. The first statue I bought years ago was an Alien from Sideshow and I paid only 150€ this was a lot more, but the Alien was of course smaller.

More statues coming in this series are

upmbr-05_a02.jpgupmbr-06_a04_1.jpg

lsbr-01_a02.jpgupmbr-07_a02.jpg

upmbr-08_a02.jpgmmbr-01_b01.jpg

upmbr-10_a08.jpgupmbr-13_a06_1.jpg

upmbr-03_b01.jpg

pmbr-01bn_a05.jpg

• Like 2

Good Morning @extantsrevenge !

Thanks so very much for the info regarding your purchase!

I love reading about how folks find such valuable treasures. 🤗

I took particular notice of your last pic (above, Bloody Nightmare version, forthcoming) that shows Guts in his Skull Knight armour and with your assistance, perhaps I can track one down?

I'll send you a PM on this.

Needless to say, I am incredibly jealous of your magnificent Berserker Armour statue and I congratulate you heartily on such a 'once in a life-time' purchase!

Cheers my friend! 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1