30 minutes ago, nefilim said:

I do not know which better. My wife demands always another go ... straight after latest one ... truly !!! I'm not that young any more.

Hey, I'm talking about movies, gotta have time to change blu-ray. Make some pop corn. Fill soda cup. Etc.

....what did you think ???

wink.gif.563fb408f28902c7bb790621dc05e8ed.gif

... but seriously. It's cool that we both love movies so much. And even move similar movies. Makes speding her money easier ... LOL.

I believe there's a pill that helps with movie watching. ?

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

I keep telling myself "you do NOT need to buy these black and white steels right now... relax.... look at 45Caliber's and pretend they're yours.... now continue"! You're killing me here and I LOVE it. You have such awesome taste. Sometimes I wonder if we're the same person lol!

Those may well have cost me an MP wishlist item or 2!

New release Tuesday and here's what I got: Best Buy's Wonder Woman 4K SB, Target's Wonder Woman Digibook, Best Buy's Starship Troopers 4K SB & Best Buy's Close Encounters 4K SB.

Close Encounters - Best Buy - FrontClose Encounters - Best Buy - BackClose Encounters - Best Buy - SpineStarship Troopers - Best Buy - FrontStarship Troopers - Best Buy - BackStarship Troopers - Best Buy - SpineWonder Woman - Best Buy - FrontWonder Woman - Best Buy - BackWonder Woman - Best Buy - SpineWonder Woman - Target - FrontWonder Woman - Target - BackWonder Woman - Target - Spine

And while I was at Target I picked this guy up for my little one because he already sleeps with the Boba Fett one I got him every night. Indoctrination!

C-3PO Plush Toy

Now, first off, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the waiting-for-Best-Buy-to-open crowd that was gathered. They were all there for the steelbooks, of course and we all had a good chat about recent retailer releases while we waited.

Second, and this goes with the aforementioned friendliness, there was literally 1 Starship Troopers steel on the shelf when we got in (glad I preordered mine!) and the guy that grabbed it offered it up to an elder couple that was bummed out they couldn't get one. This is what a community should be like, not a bunch of cut-throat scalpers! He said he was on the fence, but was happy to give it to someone that really wanted it.

Third, they had this super-mega edition of Close Encounters

Close Encounters 4K Gift Set

And even though I really wanted it as well, at an additional $55 it just wasn't happening today. The thing is though, it's way cooler than it looks because the strip in the middle of the box is a lenti that lights up when you push a button. So sweet!!

Finally, I don't recommend ordering for in-store pickup at Best Buy if you don't plan on removing from shrinkwrap because the pickup stickers they put on these were very tough to get off and left a big sticky mess on the front as you may see in the Starship Troopers & Close Encounters pics.

@atomicblonde

Holy crap that digibook lenti is stellar!!!!! I was gonna pick it up this morning but then I ended up going to Chickfila to get chicken minis and I ran to Best Buy and then I ran out of time and had to get back home so I'll either get it tonight or sometime later this week when I inevitably go to Target to shop and get some Halloween stuff :P 

I got my BB WW too!! I'm gonna post pics in a few minutes when I can be bothered lol. But I agree, I only did in store pick up on BB WW because I was afraid it was going to sell out. I'm VERY glad I did because by the time I got to BB it was only 10:30 am and they only had four copies of the WW steelbook left!! However I saw at least 3-4 (technically 4-5 if you count my copy too) were on hold in the store pick up lock up. I got my sticker off with ease thankfully.

Anyway, your pick ups look A++ and I was second guessing bothering with the digibook but NOPE I need it! God I wanna be you lol.

4 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

Holy crap that digibook lenti is stellar!!!!!

It may actually be my favorite Lenti. It reminds me of Pretty Woman, but like if she were an Amazonian instead of a prostitute.

4 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

God I wanna be you lol.

It's not always wine and roses. I'm gonna have to do some real creative bookkeeping if I want to get any more help from our friend @Masterblaster this month and also justify to my wife having like 10 Wonder Womans.

What I didn't mention in the post above is that I originally had preordered those Best Buy titles for home delivery, but after receiving a message from UPS saying I wasn't going to receive Starship Troopers and Close Encounters until a day after release, I went and bought them in-store (including Wonder Woman–just in case). Well, the Wonder Womans arrived at 8:15PM on release day (long after stores were cleaned out) and the others have now apparently been lost by UPS (I was expecting 2 copies each). My latest update on delivery is that no information is available. Anyways, I'm glad I went to the store that day and it's only that I no longer trust Best Buy or carriers to deliver my packages undamaged and in a timely manner!

Arguments in favor of Group Buys, IMO. You can surely always rely on MP heroes ( @Masterblaster @DodgyDave @Scary Hair @ukade2327 @Benoit46) to get your stuff to you safe and sound, like the Kimchi Kingsman I received in bomb-proof packaging yesterday.

UPS ShamingUPS Shaming

I find it comical there's a Best Buy ad on the UPS tracking page, as if to say, "Be sure to use this combination of service providers if you're not interested in actually receiving your goods".

1 minute ago, ukade2327 said:

Congrats on your new edition , you really have to open this one and behold that numbering card in hand ........its wicked...............or not ..and miss out.....decisions , decisions..

Thank! Yes, I will surely be opening this one because I'll never see the lenti on the other side if I don't and the front side is da bomb! ? Truly a stunning lenticular. I did get an exacto knife for precision extractions and used it last night to open a top-load slot on a couple of the Universal Monsters (they come in PET slips here). I'll like open a side load slot on this so I can keep the wrap and stickers in place, but still get to the goods.

:Bazinga:

1 hour ago, Steelbookzombie said:

I'm really happy at the moment because HMV have opened up a new store in my town ( the old one shut down about five years ago when they nearly went bankrupt)I had my first good look around today it was magical! Oh and I picked up one of these!

Unfortunately, we don't have HMVs here (at least, I haven't seen one since I lived in Boston). I got my copy here though. Why did I get this as well as the Kimchi? Because this has a booklet and the Kinchi has Cards. I'm a true psycho.!

Two new arrivals from Zavvi today, Reservoir Dogs and Psycho. I'm particularly fond of the debossing of the drain on the Psycho steel; nice touch. The Reservoir Dogs is a rattler. Luckily, I have a $5 US Amaray replacement disc if it's scratched. The the Amaray "eco-case" will be responsibly recycled.

Reservoir Dogs - Zavvi Steelbook - FrontReservoir Dogs - Zavvi Steelbook - BackReservoir Dogs - Zavvi Steelbook - SpinePsycho - Zavvi Steelbook - FrontPsycho - Zavvi Steelbook - BackPsycho - Zavvi Steelbook - Spine

@atomicblonde

2 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

@45Caliber That Mondo Reservoir Dogs is cool ain't it ..... I had to get that when it was released .....hope you didn't have to pay too much for it .......its been out a while ....????

Nope. It was a very brief restock on Zavvi. Think it was cheaper than Psycho. Hope the case is okay under the J-Card!

@ukade2327 Funny, the Dogs steel was perfect except for a small paint scratch on the top edge behind the PET slip (easily fixed with a sharpie on black matte, I believe). It's funny, because I had similar small scratches on the BB Universal steels that had PET slips (and read complaints of the same). I wonder if it's a typical production problem of stuffing the steels in the slips. Have you seen that?

Archived