• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got these guy in the mail today, the German edition of Rogue One with a title on the front & spine and the Blufans Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Ultimate Edition.

Getting the German Rogue One doesn't mean I don't still want the American one (I prefer the US SB coloring). I specifically got this one to replace the Blufns OAB SB, which is sure to have the no-spine-title WWA.

Also, I have to give props to Blufans. I thought I was going to be disappointed in the double lenti because the imagery didn't seem that dynamic, but the depth in the cityscape is remarkable. As usual, there's no way for a picture to do it justice.

Rogue One - German Steelbook - FrontRogue One - German Steelbook - BackRogue One - German Steelbook - SpineFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Blufans Ultimate Edition Steelbook - FrontFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Blufans Ultimate Edition Steelbook - BackFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Blufans Ultimate Edition Steelbook - Spine

1 minute ago, gavt09 said:

@45Caliber is the Sin City a new Us version?

No, I believe it was originally a Best Buy exclusive that was overproduced (the UV code I'm looking at expired in 2014), so the overstock was sold off to other retailers. The good news is, it's quite nice and can be had for a good price. I got it brand new mint off Amazon US for $20. I've since opened it if you wanted to see more:

Sin City - Best Buy Steelbook - FrontSin City - Best Buy Steelbook - BackSin City - Best Buy Steelbook - Inside

49 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

No, I believe it was originally a Best Buy exclusive that was overproduced (the UV code I'm looking at expired in 2014), so the overstock was sold off to other retailers. The good news is, it's quite nice and can be had for a good price. I got it brand new mint off Amazon US for $20. I've since opened it if you wanted to see more:

Sin City - Best Buy Steelbook - FrontSin City - Best Buy Steelbook - BackSin City - Best Buy Steelbook - Inside

Ah cool. Thought I'd seen that artwork before, but wasn't sure it was on a steelbook. And then when I noticed the UV strip on the back thought it must have been relatively recent

5 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

Not yet, but I may be interested. Have this and the Mondo & will get the Nova. I like having the SB variants. Have 2 Pulp Fictions coming this week too.

I also have German Jackie Brown brand new, German Kill Bill vol I and II in same steelbook brand new, Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For 3D Steelbook LE Zavvi opened but mint...

If you happen to look for those someday.

On 10/4/2017 at 12:09 PM, nefilim said:

I also have German Jackie Brown brand new, German Kill Bill vol I and II in same steelbook brand new, Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For 3D Steelbook LE Zavvi opened but mint...

If you happen to look for those someday.

Thank you. I also just got 2 Inglorious Basterds. Think I'll probably only pursue the Zavvi Jackie Brown Kill Bills after that (have the Nova KB FS As). Hateful 8 is the 1st I can live without, though I'd take a super secret edition if one ever fell in my lap.

Picked up a few things at Best Buy today. Got this Band of Brothers Metal Tin for my wife:

Band of Brothers - Metal Tin - FrontBand of Brothers - Metal Tin - BackBand of Brothers - Metal Tin - Spine

Got these 2 steelbooks in a 2fer deal, Snatch and The Equalizer. I wasn't crazy about the Equalizer pop-art, but it was really only $5 in the end since I was going to buy Snatch without until I realized there was a deal going on.

The Equalizer - Best Buy Steelbook - FrontThe Equalizer - Best Buy Steelbook - BackThe Equalizer - Best Buy Steelbook - Spine

Snatch - Steelbook - FrontSnatch - Steelbook - RearSnatch - Best Buy Steelbook - Spine

I got this copy of Wreck-It Ralph Lenticular Steelbook from Zavvi. The lenti card is pretty askew, so I'm wondering if I can lift it and reposition without too much trouble. Anyone have experience with this?

Wreck-It Ralph - Zavvi Lenticular Steelbook - FrontWreck-It Ralph - Zavvi Lenticular Steelbook - BackWreck-It Ralph - Zavvi Lenticular Steelbook - Spine

And finally, here's the Best Buy Baby Driver Steelbook. Go ahead and hate on it, it was only $2 cheaper than the 4K amaray, so I'm going to move the discs into the pink UK SB, redeem the digital code and sell off the empty yellow SB; because yes, that's a thing and Best Buy sold out of these today.

Baby Driver - Best Buy Steelbook - FrontBaby Driver - Best Buy Steelbook - BackBaby Driver - Best Buy Steelbook - Spine

@atomicblonde

Picked up these Target Exclusives today: Stranger Things: Season 1 in VHS packaging.

Stranger Things: Season 1 - Target VHS Packaging - FrontStranger Things: Season 1 - Target VHS Packaging - BackStranger Things: Season 1 - Target VHS Packaging - Spine

And this Spider-Man: Homecoming Digibook, which is now my favorite edition as I think it's the most representative of the actual style of the film. It looks like it was designed by the guy that did the closing credit sequence.

Spider-Man: Homecoming - Target Digibook - FrontSpider-Man: Homecoming - Target Digibook - BackSpider-Man: Homecoming - Target Digibook - Spine

9 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

@45Caliber That stranger Things packaging is awesome proper Retro ....... I Like .....

Have no idea where to put it. Will have to mount a shelf for things that won't fit anywhere else, like the incoming FNAC LP sized Baby Driver and the Alien E3 with 3D embossing.

Oh, and the leather Manta Revenant I scored.

Archived