Holy crap I hate you.... I'm so envious of that Mad Max boxset!!! I don't even care for Dr Strange nor Eggs Benedict himself but this Kimchi release has me in awe regardless. The Guardians Blufans.... you already know how bad I want that lol. Incredible haul!!! Now I go into my corner and stare at your pictures telling myself "sTOP YOU DON'T NEED THAT" lol. Top notch!

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

Holy crap I hate you.... I'm so envious of that Mad Max boxset!!! I don't even care for Dr Strange nor Eggs Benedict himself but this Kimchi release has me in awe regardless. The Guardians Blufans.... you already know how bad I want that lol. Incredible haul!!! Now I go into my corner and stare at your pictures telling myself "sTOP YOU DON'T NEED THAT" lol. Top notch!

I gotta say, I love it all and didn't expect it all to show up at once. It was really like Xmas but where I was the only participant. MB talked me into the Fury Road Box and now that I have it in hand, I'm really glad he did. And the Guardians was nagging at me; I just didn't want to get the new one without having the original. Also, I only got Hostel after seeing it in your hauls and then I also got Cabin Fever on sale. I am so, so glad my next 1-Click isn't until October.

7 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@45Caliber wow what epic new arrival 1f60d.png Amazing. The Mad Max Fury Road Box is my favorite release of 2016, simply amazing. But be careful it is really hard to ignore future HDZeta boxsets when you've seen one 1f606.png

Yeah, I wasn't sure I wanted/need all the editions, but now that I have them (including the Black & Chrome) someone would have to pry them from my cold, dead hands. I already really want the Edge of Tomorrow Box. I just need to know for sure when it's coming out. A September release would be tough, soooo much stuff billing already.

These are the last deliveries I expect until at least the end of the week. If you don't see me for a while it's because I'll be hunkered down in a corner quivering from new steelbook withdrawal.

Here's Kimchidvd's The Martian Lenticular, which is now my 4th dip of this movie:

59b6dfef8926e_FullSizeRender74.thumb.jpg.b068bdf76607ebad2cd5566ac6410f2c.jpg59b6dfff79c7a_FullSizeRender79.thumb.jpg.8d18754657e8e7b803c9f694faad3d42.jpg59b6e010c90f7_FullSizeRender76.thumb.jpg.ec0e35bdc8381acdc685ed71ad3acc21.jpg

& the FAC Ghost Rider; which, though I wasn't a huge fan of the film, had to have after seeing this awesome edition in other members' galleries.

59b6e1a3a8682_FullSizeRender78.thumb.jpg.73b01485dbd18b3511576d0a03720b31.jpg59b6e1b5882aa_FullSizeRender77.thumb.jpg.9f4563c95980697c1ef4807b5dd1d9a2.jpg59b6e1bec086c_FullSizeRender75.thumb.jpg.1548924d897deb0d56a272e222c9b584.jpg

@atomicblonde  

2 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

You are seriously the master at getting awesome steelbooks and the master at taking photos of them lol! Your copies look gorgeous... I love The Martian so I might just have to add the one you got to my list for later! Incredible purchases.. I'll be here drooling over yours while I have withdrawals myself :P 

@ukade2327 is the master; I love his murals. I just take them in the spot where I get the best light, which is in the kiddo's room. It depends on the time of day, however,. The batch before all seem to have a bluish cast. I could fix if it mattered enough. Maybe I will anyways, because I need to retake my MP directs with the membership card. ☺️ New steelbook withdrawal stinks. I'm like a caged tiger pacing the perimeter, waiting for a new shipment notification to pop.

Picked up these Universal Horror Steels at Best Buy today:

FullSizeRender 81FullSizeRender 79FullSizeRender 76FullSizeRender 77FullSizeRender 73FullSizeRender 78

I actually ordered Creature from the Black Lagoon too, but have to pick it up from a different store. I did the "switch to in-store pickup" trick during checkout to get an extra $1 off each title, but they weren't all at the same store.

FullSizeRender 80FullSizeRender 75FullSizeRender 74

And I finally gave the 2017 Mummy a chance based on @Scary Hair's recommendation and now I own a copy.

@atomicblonde

1 minute ago, 45Caliber said:

Yes, for some reason I'm only able to adjust sizes of linked images from Edit mode after I publish it. You beat me to being able to make the adjustments. 1f609.png

Sir, I meant Tom's Mummy.

Would not comment yours ... or anyones picture editing. As mine is so very basic.

Pardon my bad English.

10 minutes ago, nefilim said:

Sir, I meant Tom's Mummy.

Would not comment yours ... or anyones picture editing. As mine is so very basic.

Pardon my bad English.

Ahh. You meant contextually. Universal's marketing dept. would surely beg to differ as it's no coincidence these came out the same day.

Forgot about your Tom Cruise thing. 

I really like the art on the classic horror steelbooks but never seen any of them and admittedly I'm not a fan of older movies (probably movies prior to 1950s) anyway. But god do I REALLY want them... They're so gorgeous. Also your tags remind me I need to take a picture of my Foxcatcher full slip from Plain and my John Wick Maniacs Box FA but I'm soooo lazy. I'll just keep looking at yours and pretend I posted mine lol!

28 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

I really like the art on the classic horror steelbooks but never seen any of them and admittedly I'm not a fan of older movies (probably movies prior to 1950s) anyway. But god do I REALLY want them... They're so gorgeous. Also your tags remind me I need to take a picture of my Foxcatcher full slip from Plain and my John Wick Maniacs Box FA but I'm soooo lazy. I'll just keep looking at yours and pretend I posted mine lol!

I have very fond memories of watching them as a kid. They were on TV all the time and I remember there being a big deal about showing Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D. You had to get the red & blue glasses at a local store to watch it. Also, the library in the town would show old movies on a projector after school. This was where I was exposed to a lot of early B&W comedies as well as horror. I remember watching The Invisible Man there and being mesmerized by the SFX when he unwraps his bandages and there's nothing there. I was probably 7 or so. 

Wait, you got the FA Wick box? When did this happen? I won't believe it until I see photos and I'll also be jealous because I've had it in my cart a couple times. I haven't watched Foxcatcher yet, but I suspect that even if I loved it it wouldn't be a movie I'd watch repeatedly. Sometimes I worry I'll miss out with that kind of prejudgment. Other times I just blind Buy and hope for the best.

On 9/17/2017 at 6:58 AM, 45Caliber said:

I have very fond memories of watching them as a kid. They were on TV all the time and I remember there being a big deal about showing Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D. You had to get the red & blue glasses at a local store to watch it. Also, the library in the town would show old movies on a projector after school. This was where I was exposed to a lot of early B&W comedies as well as horror. I remember watching The Invisible Man there and being mesmerized by the SFX when he unwraps his bandages and there's nothing there. I was probably 7 or so. 

Wait, you got the FA Wick box? When did this happen? I won't believe it until I see photos and I'll also be jealous because I've had it in my cart a couple times. I haven't watched Foxcatcher yet, but I suspect that even if I loved it it wouldn't be a movie I'd watch repeatedly. Sometimes I worry I'll miss out with that kind of prejudgment. Other times I just blind Buy and hope for the best.

I've seen it once. Looking for seeing it again asap. It is really excellent film. That movie convinced me that Carrell and Tatum are truly good actors !!! Carrell not just comedy person and Tatum not just another Hwood pretty boy. Ruffalo I've liked a lot already.

Stop browsing and bothering us all and go see it.

(kidding, we love having you.!)

59bfaf4266527_highfive-Copy.gif.c332bb17c7a001371503753f2b065e8c.gif

4 hours ago, nefilim said:

I've seen it once. Looking for seeing it again asap. It is really excellent film. That movie convinced me that Carrell and Tatum are truly good actors !!! Carrell not just comedy person and Tatum not just another Hwood pretty boy. Ruffalo I've liked a lot already.

Stop browsing and bothering us all and go see it.

(kidding, we love having you.!)

59bfaf4266527_highfive-Copy.gif.c332bb17c7a001371503753f2b065e8c.gif

That's all well and good, but my wife isn't particularly into movies so I only have a chance to watch anything after she turns in and then I have about an hour before I have to turn in too. That makes movie watching a 2 night event, assuming I don't spend that time here like I've been doing lately.

35 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

That's all well and good, but my wife isn't particularly into movies so I only have a chance to watch anything after she turns in and then I have about an hour before I have to turn in too. That makes movie watching a 2 night event, assuming I don't spend that time here like I've been doing lately.

I do not know which better. My wife demands always another go ... straight after latest one ... truly !!! I'm not that young any more.

Hey, I'm talking about movies, gotta have time to change blu-ray. Make some pop corn. Fill soda cup. Etc.

....what did you think ???

wink.gif.563fb408f28902c7bb790621dc05e8ed.gif

... but seriously. It's cool that we both love movies so much. And even move similar movies. Makes speding her money easier ... LOL.

Archived