IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

4 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I do as well, In theory, in my mind at least a story like that could have a ton of depth which could have lead to more than just one movie. When I watched the movie for the first time I was confused about why such a grand idea was wasted on one movie.

Especially considering that the studio wants to make multiple movies. Big grand ideas when handle & fleshed out properly can lead to years of storytelling. Every studio but Marvel seems to be in such a rush, but at the same time they want properties that will last years. You can’t have franchise longevity rushing ideas & $hitting on what came before.

Well said, my friend.

4 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Me TOO! I can’t stand Tony Stark’s a$$, but by the end of the movie having the chance to be on the storytelling journey with these characters over the years I was 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

They got me, I was emotionally invested & because the story took years to build up all the emotional beats was earned. Marvel isn’t prefect. Every movie isn’t some ground breaking must see cinematic experience, but no matter if I like the movies or not I do always feel like real planning & thought was put into the films that are being produced by them. 

Exactly. There's no substitute for good storytelling and that often means taking your time to making sure the story works.

It's funny because like a lot of people, I'd grown up with Star Wars, grown up with Luke Skywalker being one of the ultimate/great heroes. I'd known Luke longer than I'd known Tony Stark (I'd seen the first Iron Man back in high school), and yet I cared more for Tony in Endgame than I did for Luke in The Last Jedi.

Just goes to show you can't really rely solely on nostalgia or previous films as a shortcut to make you care about a character and their plight. You have to put in the work.

And like you said, Marvel, while not exactly hitting a home-run with every thing they put out, know this better than most big-budget IP/franchises at the moment.

• Like 3

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
Masculine MONDAY

Spoiler

MbYQSQP.png

McdIdjz.jpg

szGlo8w.jpg

zruKhN9.png

ReVvhGu.jpg

HVYDQm6.jpg

foFv8PN.jpg

XG0gdHi.jpg

OP3a6Xu.jpg

hTGqcAZ.jpg

oFS4fJ9.jpg

qGfwVfs.jpg

9Vm1bJS.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope everyone is doing well & ready to take on the new week! Here’s to everyone having a Marvelous Monday!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Mrdugan said:

Speaking of platinum members, will tier membership sales be posted here? I always miss those and would like to be a tiered member. 

edit - just remembered this thread isn’t really for chit-chat and this may have not been the best thread to ask my question. Sorry

Hey @Mrdugan

For future reference when you have general questions you can come to this thread to ask them. To answer your question yes I will post about membership sales In the Group Buy thread in the hopes most members will be aware of the opportunity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Hey @Mrdugan

For future reference when you have general questions you can come to this thread to ask them. To answer your question yes I will post about membership sales In the Group Buy thread in the hopes most members will be aware of the opportunity.

Fantastic! Thank you!

• Like 3

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

THIN Tuesday

Hide contents

14S5XmY.jpg

Q0FP1PB.jpg

MM4vFc3.jpg

XUDVjmd.jpg

X9qqEzQ.jpg

7ihzNk7.jpg

WlLGpR1.jpg

BTFVcPi.jpg

ODZ79yF.jpg

1hAqgNO.jpg

FKjAHz4.jpg

UojzZUO.jpg

wpjcloF.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are doing good today! Here’s to us experiencing a Tuesday that’s even better than our Monday!

giphy.gif

That is so buttiful 😘

• Haha 3

WET Wednesday

Spoiler

6u6Jv2N.jpg

qbM9utu.jpg

FeoFcrH.jpg

Ltggly9.jpg

0nbStJk.jpg

bVHqrw4.jpg

PsCon7w.jpg

sVl7HHX.jpg

g0xEo4h.jpg

x5L3Ocg.jpg

me1HqKZ.jpg

PNDFzSZ.jpg

6uDBsUU.jpg

1DBkWPz.jpg

jstdCgf.jpg

3V2BkWo.jpg

IRLt6hS.jpg

5BKRVen.jpg

Jd1yDqk.jpg

wcCEqPJ.jpg

lBLM4Fi.jpg

rmEqKYN.jpg

kaKp0BG.jpg

iclu7ju.jpg

WDTVOCz.jpg

N6um4H7.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Mornings define our day so here’s to everyone having a great start, & here’s to everyone having a Wonderful Wednesday!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4