IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Biscoff Donuts. 

Screenshot2024-06-09at12_27_58am.thumb.png.482912f9873fa3c17bb017fc29b418f2.png

So good.

I must've been American in a previous life because donuts are like crack to me.

I have to show some restraint otherwise I'll become very...round.

@Fortis93 does this mean if you keep going this way you end up the size of one but not in a good way? 🤣🤣🤣

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Basil 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Biscoff Donuts. 

Screenshot2024-06-09at12_27_58am.thumb.png.482912f9873fa3c17bb017fc29b418f2.png

So good.

I must've been American in a previous life because donuts are like crack to me.

I have to show some restraint otherwise I'll become very...round.

Oh man you and me both.  Fries and Donuts, they're my problem.

My uncle worked delivering donuts before he went to work when I was a boy, he'd go at like 4:30 AM.   I'd go with him sometimes and, no joke, I would eat 10-12 donuts in an hour.  I could still do it easily, without problem and tbh, without remorse or any digestive issues.  Not only do I love donuts, but my body seems to need and welcome them . . . like air, or water, or sleep . . . donuts are love.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Good morning all . . .

So far this year, our summer has been an incredible run of perfect weather:  55 in the morning (perfect for my morning 5k), going up to 80 in the day, here in the Shenandoah Valley.  

Yesterday started at 6AM.  With our backpacks, we headed to Humpback Rock for a 3 mile hike, then to the Rockfish River where the dogs dove for fish and we waded in with our water shoes, and sat on the bank with a thermos of coffee.  Then to Shamokin Springs on the top of Devil's Backbone mountain, the springs were full, and flowing, there was a very chill mist in the air, and if a water nymph would have jumped up from behind a rock, or a Rivendell Elf would have appeared, I would not have been surprised.

Lunch at a brewery on 151 in Nelson County at the foot of the Blue Ridge, with some amazing locally grown burgers, and yes, a real, homemade jug of root beer (they grow their own sassafras).

Last night, we made a fire and sat outside until well after dark.  The neighbors had a party on their deck, and the other neighbors were outside, having a big family gathering after a wedding.  It seemed like the laughter and joy were bouncing off the Alleghany Mountains to the west, and the Blue Ridge mountains to the east (we can see both ranges from our house in the middle of the valley).  

The dogs didn't bark, the mosquitos weren't out, and the smoke from the fire went straight up in the air and not in anybody's face . . . and no one lost a single marshmallow in to the fire.

I hope the MP community had an equally lovely Saturday.

(I think I woke up with a @Casiusco soul this morning)

Edited by BreakBeatDJ
  • Love 9

Good afternoon.

Rodrigo Cortés is a talented Spanish film director who became famous for directing Buried.

He is a very nice guy, very cultured, and he is usually very sincere, saying things openly and politely at the same time.

He has participated in one of the most famous podcasts in Spain, and he was asked about his experience working in Hollywood. 

First, he told about his experience shooting “Down a Dark Hall”, where -he said- everyone seemed to have a decision about what was being made, and the final film was not a Polanski for new generations as he intended; or how the goal of today's producers is not to make good movies, but to have three houses, three cars, three operated women, and three divorces.

The funniest thing he told was that once in Hollywood he was taken to meet two producers of a well-known brand, and during the meeting he realized that nobody there was talking about cinema, and nobody seemed to have seen much cinema.

When the meeting was close to be finished, the producers, picking up the conversation, asked him:

- So, what do you want to do?

And he, very ironically, and knowing that he no longer wanted to do anything with them, answered them, starting a delirious conversation:

- I want to do a remake of Van Sant's “Psycho”, repeating it shot for shot. 

- Shot for shot?

- Yes, I want to have the original on a monitor, and make the same decisions as Van Sant in each shot.

- Ah... okay... And you're not going to introduce any difference?

- Yes. I want Psycho to be in black and white this time.

As he tells it, the producers didn't dislike the idea. :D 

Have a nice Monday!

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 6

On 6/9/2024 at 1:49 PM, BreakBeatDJ said:

Good morning all . . .

So far this year, our summer has been an incredible run of perfect weather:  55 in the morning (perfect for my morning 5k), going up to 80 in the day, here in the Shenandoah Valley.  

Yesterday started at 6AM.  With our backpacks, we headed to Humpback Rock for a 3 mile hike, then to the Rockfish River where the dogs dove for fish and we waded in with our water shoes, and sat on the bank with a thermos of coffee.  Then to Shamokin Springs on the top of Devil's Backbone mountain, the springs were full, and flowing, there was a very chill mist in the air, and if a water nymph would have jumped up from behind a rock, or a Rivendell Elf would have appeared, I would not have been surprised.

Lunch at a brewery on 151 in Nelson County at the foot of the Blue Ridge, with some amazing locally grown burgers, and yes, a real, homemade jug of root beer (they grow their own sassafras).

Last night, we made a fire and sat outside until well after dark.  The neighbors had a party on their deck, and the other neighbors were outside, having a big family gathering after a wedding.  It seemed like the laughter and joy were bouncing off the Alleghany Mountains to the west, and the Blue Ridge mountains to the east (we can see both ranges from our house in the middle of the valley).  

The dogs didn't bark, the mosquitos weren't out, and the smoke from the fire went straight up in the air and not in anybody's face . . . and no one lost a single marshmallow in to the fire.

Thank you for your beautiful story! ;) 

It was really touching. I read it and looked for pictures of those places as you mentioned them.

It sounds like a really nice Saturday.

Still, you've made a mistake: my stories are much simpler, less cinematic. In the ones you've told, if you put an existential doubt at the beginning, and that doubt overcome at the end, you've got a great film for Sundance. If in the middle you put an encounter with a Spaniard who came to esosp arajes after seeing them on google, and a mutual reflection on life during the night, you have your Oscar nomination.

V8raD74TSHB7LbEsevQB060IWbJLCs1FDUyU_Zpr

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

my stories are much simpler, less cinematic

All stories seem simple to the teller . . . they've hovered in them so long, the cinema is invisible to them.   

59 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

you have your Oscar nomination.

. . . you mean OUR Oscar nomination.   When we win, which we most certainly will, during the acceptance speech, you can go first.  I'll be the partner in crime, standing behind you nodding at your genius as the audience is spellbound, recalling the moment they saw our film, and how they were transformed.

However, I will dance with Scarlett Johansen at the after party, while you sip champagne and regale Spielberg, Scorsese, Lynch, and Linklater with your vision of the existential cinema of the future.

Together, our film will cause the sun to shine differently for all, at its morning rise.   For the first time, humans will see rainbows in their eyes when the sun shines, no matter the direction they gaze, or the mood they inhabit.

image.gif.427add41e0894c171362000bd91d2b3b.gif

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

All stories seem simple to the teller . . . they've hovered in them so long, the cinema is invisible to them.   

. . . you mean OUR Oscar nomination.   When we win, which we most certainly will, during the acceptance speech, you can go first.  I'll be the partner in crime, standing behind you nodding at your genius as the audience is spellbound, recalling the moment they saw our film, and how they were transformed.

However, I will dance with Scarlett Johansen at the after party, while you sip champagne and regale Spielberg, Scorsese, Lynch, and Linklater with your vision of the existential cinema of the future.

Together, our film will cause the sun to shine differently for all, at its morning rise.   For the first time, humans will see rainbows in their eyes when the sun shines, no matter the direction they gaze, or the mood they inhabit.

John Wayne Westerns GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Gentlemen . . . my son is with his grandparents and I played Elden Ring all weekend.  You can put me in the film as the pathetic friend who hasn’t bathed or shaved for days.  I can be the Floyd-from-True-Romance of your film, if you’ll have me.  Oh, and you should probably go ahead and cast Brad Pitt to play me.

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Gentlemen . . . my son is with his grandparents and I played Elden Ring all weekend.  You can put me in the film as the pathetic friend who hasn’t bathed or shaved for days.  I can be the Floyd-from-True-Romance of your film, if you’ll have me.  Oh, and you should probably go ahead and cast Brad Pitt to play me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, You win the internet today, my friend, you smelly bugger!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

And after that, you'll get the much anticipated call from Kevin Feige.

'I'm here to talk to you about the MCU initiative' he says.

You lower the phone, blushing. You're now in the big boy league.

100s of millions of dollars will be thrown at you, along with the best Kraft services you can imagine.

A wealth of resources indie filmmakers can only dream of, now at your fingertips.

And the real kicker?

You'll get to make the exact movie you want without any interference. 

d46ddf6e-27da-46e1-8cca-f869fb1410fd_tex

• Haha 6

Just now, Fortis93 said:

And after that, you'll get the much anticipated call from Kevin Feige.

'I'm here to talk to you about the MCU initiative' he says.

You lower the phone, blushing. You're now in the big boy league.

100s of millions of dollars will be thrown at you, along with the best Kraft services you can imagine.

A wealth of resources indie filmmakers can only dream of, now at your fingertips.

And the real kicker?

You'll get to make the exact movie you want without any interference. 

d46ddf6e-27da-46e1-8cca-f869fb1410fd_tex

Sorry @Heywoodmoutaw.   I spoke to soon, @Fortis93 wins the internet today.

image.gif.fd760aa568770d5f09478c48d46ef2fe.gif

• Haha 6

On 6/9/2024 at 6:49 AM, BreakBeatDJ said:

Good morning all . . .

This sounds like an amazing time! I had a great time with my Comic Artist and Writer friends this weekend at Dallas Fan Expo and got to talk to Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) and Frank Welker (Megatron) for a bit on Saturday. They were so nice to meet them finally. As a big Transformers fan since the 1980s, this made my day as they took time to talk to all of the fans. I pray everyone has an amazing week!

optimus prime transformers GIF

32 Days Until Retro Expo

137 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

142 Days Until Halloween

170 Days Until Thanksgiving

197 Days Until Christmas

204 Days Until New Year

248 Days Until Valentine's Day!

279 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

313 Days Until Easter

• Like 4
  • Love 1