IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm thinking of changing the way I have my movies sorted. Normally I always had them by color, but I'm considering having a section for some directors, and then the collector's editions all together.

That's not counting the very special editions I have in the living room. 

But I still have to give it some thought. It's a very important decision.

As someone once said, “you see the movie once or twice, but you see the case every day”.  ;) 

Have a nice afternoon!

• Like 6

23 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

All stories seem simple to the teller . . . they've hovered in them so long, the cinema is invisible to them.   

. . . you mean OUR Oscar nomination.   When we win, which we most certainly will, during the acceptance speech, you can go first.  I'll be the partner in crime, standing behind you nodding at your genius as the audience is spellbound, recalling the moment they saw our film, and how they were transformed.

However, I will dance with Scarlett Johansen at the after party, while you sip champagne and regale Spielberg, Scorsese, Lynch, and Linklater with your vision of the existential cinema of the future.

Together, our film will cause the sun to shine differently for all, at its morning rise.   For the first time, humans will see rainbows in their eyes when the sun shines, no matter the direction they gaze, or the mood they inhabit.

image.gif.427add41e0894c171362000bd91d2b3b.gif

Honestly, it would be a fantastic story, very “american dream” style: two guys who started joking about a possible movie in a on-line forum, and going up step by step ended up winning an Oscar.

In fact, I think then they should make a movie... about us. ;) 

We can have our roles played by Tom Cruise and Ryan Gosling, is that okay with you?

As for the celebration party, the talk with those directors would be the best moment of my life, but, you know, you have some experience, and you know that talking... you can always talk, but the other thing, #### it, it's Scarlett! :D 

Look, to make us both happy, shall we meet her and Margot Robbie and let them decide? Anyway, being two guys as talented as you and me, I don't think they'll mind.

PS: There is no woman in the world worth more than a chat with Spielberg, Scorsese, Lynch, and Linklater. Not one. And anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't even taken the first ride around the ring yet.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I'm thinking of changing the way I have my movies sorted. Normally I always had them by color, but I'm considering having a section for some directors, and then the collector's editions all together.

As someone once said, “you see the movie once or twice, but you see the case every day”.  ;) 

Have a nice afternoon!

For me, I have a section for each premium retailer and sort alphabetically within that. Mediabooks are separate, Japan exclusives too. Separate section for TV shows too. Everything else (general releases and steels) is straight alphabetical. Oversized boxsets are on top of my bookcases.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
5 hours ago, deckard99 said:

For me, I have a section for each premium retailer and sort alphabetically within that. Mediabooks are separate, Japan exclusives too. Separate section for TV shows too. Everything else (general releases and steels) is straight alphabetical. Oversized boxsets are on top of my bookcases.

I'm similar to Ken - I also have separate sections for every boutique retailer I collect (arrow, criterion, kino, shout, Vinsyn, Severin, etc.). I also have a section for horror/sci-fi/fantasy.  I've broken out animation and super hero as well (other than premiums which stay with the retailer sections)

phew

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Have a nice afternoon!

Mine is kinda haphazard a little bit, lol.

For 4K/Bluray:

I have Premiums (HDZeta, UHD, etc.) and Limited/Regular Steelbooks by Company alphabetically.

For Horror (which is a lot of my collection), it goes Boxset by Company (Arrow, Scream Factory, Severin, Synapse, Vinegar Syndrome, etc) alphabetically. Then, if a I have a Series of Movies (think Texas Chainsaw Massacre Series) that does not have a boxset, they are grouped together in watching order. Then, I got by Horror Directors (Craven Carpenter, Argento, Fulci, etc) by release order. Lastly, any other single editions are organized by Company alphabetcially. All other Genres (except Anime) are alphabetical as well. 

Anime is a cluster. I have it grouped by Movie/Show (Macross, Dragon Ball Rurouni Kenshin, etc). in watching order on Blu-ray, DVD, and VHS (if I have one). Boxsets are first, then single releases. Lastly, I love Anime Music, so it is co-located with the series it's tied to.

DVDs/VHS/Laserdiscs:

Anime first alphabetically, then Horror alphabetcially (I don't have any other genres on LD).

My Kids have a shelf too, lol. But it's Blu-ray and DVDs in alphabetical.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Veum said:

I’m not sure I still do not get the movie TENET?!

If it’s any consolation…

You’re not meant to understand everything in Tenet, it’s not all comprehensible. It’s a bit like asking me if I know what happens at the end of Inception. I have to have my idea of it in order for it to be a valid productive ambiguity, but the point is it’s an ambiguity.”

- Christopher Nolan

• Like 5