IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday I finished watching the second season of "Them" and I liked it a lot. And it's not often.

It's not that I'm very demanding or not, but that lately -in this war of platforms- there are more and more series and less and less quality, or that's the impression I get.

The lists of series to watch are endless, but then you watch them, and they don't contribute anything special; it's as if the golden age of TV has ended again, and now all that's left is "filler".

There are some very good series, but in my opinion there are fewer of them than before. Too often I end up with a certain feeling of inconsequence, of having watched one like when you eat that food that takes away your hunger but you don't particularly enjoy it either.

I liked this one. It's not one of my favourites, but I didn't think it was just another one. 

Anyway, maybe I'll start another one today. Although right now I'm more in the mood for movies than another series.

Have a nice day!

• Like 5

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Veum said:

🤠 back from a buddy trip and the wifey joined us, we went to the town of “the hick from French Lick”

Boston Celtics Legend GIF by NBA

French Lick Resort 😍

image.jpeg.9d102cd500e5b2a26aad1b2730db6bda.jpeg  

image.jpeg.ed9eeeb0642ead8d1d526fb9ff4a911f.jpeg

What a great player!

There are no players like that anymore. So talented, understanding the game so well, being so intelligent with the ball in his hands, and with so many technical resources.

Unfortunately, young players nowadays are more focused on the gym than on training to be someone like that.

Also, Bird always struck me as a guy with a very honest, even elegant demeanour.

It's funny: back when to be elegant you didn't have to wear Armani suits, a lot of jeweller, or have I don't know how many additions jumping around on the court. 

Next time you're there, give him my regards!!! :P 

• Like 4

Happy Tuesday Psychos! Have an amazing day!

Fran Healy Tuesday GIF by Travis

4 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

23 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

60 Days Until Retro Expo

165 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

170 Days Until Halloween

198 Days Until Thanksgiving

225 Days Until Christmas

232 Days Until New Year

276 Days Until Valentine's Day!

307 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

341 Days Until Easter

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Veum said:

🤠 back from a buddy trip and the wifey joined us, we went to the town of “the hick from French Lick”

Boston Celtics Legend GIF by NBA

French Lick Resort 😍

image.jpeg.9d102cd500e5b2a26aad1b2730db6bda.jpeg  

image.jpeg.ed9eeeb0642ead8d1d526fb9ff4a911f.jpeg

He’s so amazing that, as someone who grew up a Kentucky basketball fan, I can even forgive him for being a Hoosier :)  (Thankfully he didn’t *play* for Bob Knight and the Hoosiers.). Thanks for the pics, would love to go there.  If they don’t have a Bird statue, they should.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

What a great player!

There are no players like that anymore. So talented, understanding the game so well, being so intelligent with the ball in his hands, and with so many technical resources.

Unfortunately, young players nowadays are more focused on the gym than on training to be someone like that.

Also, Bird always struck me as a guy with a very honest, even elegant demeanour.

It's funny: back when to be elegant you didn't have to wear Armani suits, a lot of jeweller, or have I don't know how many additions jumping around on the court. 

Next time you're there, give him my regards!!! :P 

4 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

He’s so amazing that, as someone who grew up a Kentucky basketball fan, I can even forgive him for being a Hoosier :)  (Thankfully he didn’t *play* for Bob Knight and the Hoosiers.). Thanks for the pics, would love to go there.  If they don’t have a Bird statue, they should.

Yeah fellas we were not able to see this fantastic Sports bar/ restaurant/memorabilia honoring Larry Bird called 33 Brick Street

My friend said we could visit this sometime in June or so, looking forward to this! 🙌 🏀 

image.jpeg.57e937db169b962ba375b3de7897d28c.jpeg 

image.jpeg.8f90c0840a76c4527530aea26ca46f11.jpeg

image.jpeg.4a551d50d1e8f1ae49b075081d1f7aa4.jpeg

"Good Food and Spirits in a Legendary Atmosphere!"

33 Brick Street is a locally and family-owned restaurant established in 2008. Known for our great food and our great environment in French Lick, IN, we are also members of the area  Chamber of Commerce. With a large selection of burgers, juicy steaks, and appetizers, we have something for your entire family. Visit us today!

Trophies from Larry Bird

33 Brick Street provides a unique restaurant experience that includes a showcase of sports memorabilia and signed jerseys, including personal awards and trophies owned by local celebrity and NBA star Larry Bird.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday I started watching ‘Night Sky’ on Prime Video. It's not usual to start a series that you know has been cancelled, and that has no continuity, but the cast and the very good reviews aroused my curiosity.

I like what I've seen. But I understand why they cancelled it: a story about two old people, one with health problems, the other starting downhill, who have their ailments and their problems, even in a sci-fi context, calmly posed reflecting their day-to-day lives, is usually poison for the box office, and for viewership.

Why?

Because in today's culture people don't like to see where we are going, they prefer to ignore it. In fact, even when they are young they prefer to ignore everything ugly, and go for a synthetic, apparent, commonly accepted beauty.

The beauty of two old people in bed, after he has had to carry her up the stairs, after he has forgotten to pick her up in the doctor, while he falls asleep singing her to sleep... is a kind of beauty that is not appreciated today.

Something similar happened with ‘Vortex’, a magnificent film, by the way the only one in which Dario Argento is an actor, but which showed an uncomfortable reality.

Even so, that these two grandparents and their problems... have a secret entrance that allows them to travel to another planet light years away from this one, seems to me to be a fantastic idea. And to narrate it without stridency, with serenity, at the calm pace at which they live their lives now, is different and at the same time very interesting.

Let's see what the next chapters are like. 

Have a nice day, Psychos!!

• Like 5

Good afternoon guys on this fall like day in May. My new manager sends out an email saying they will be enforcing a strict no media watching policy for remote/teleworkers who are home. It will be the same policy enforced in the office where pretty much you can't have phones and Tablets out with videos playing on them. I read the email again thinking wait how exactly are they going to enforce that. The team ends up having a quick teleconference meeting where one of my coworker's asked that very question. Our manager says well clearly they can't it's not like they are going to be dropping by to check in person. Besides the memo says phones and tablets nothing about big screen TV's or projector screens. In the background of his side I can hear Lt Ellen Ripley last survivor of the Nostromo saying and I quote (cough cough ahem throat is a little dry) excuse me......and I quote "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU B****". The same coworker ask if he is watching Aliens. He says yes and advises others to check it out if they've never seen it.

my man denzel GIF

Edited by LeadFarmer
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Good afternoon guys on this fall like day in May. My new manager sends out an email saying they will be enforcing a strict no media watching policy for remote/teleworkers who are home. It will be the same policy enforced in the office where pretty much you can't have phones and Tablets out with videos playing on them. I read the email again thinking wait how exactly are they going to enforce that. The team ends up having a quick teleconference meeting where one of my coworker's asked that very question. Our manager says well clearly they can't it's not like they are going to be dropping by to check in person. Besides the memo says phones and tablets nothing about big screen TV's or projector screens. In the background of his side I can hear Lt Ellen Ripley last survivor of the Nostromo saying and I quote (cough cough ahem throat is a little dry) excuse me......and I quote "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU B****". The same coworker ask if he is watching Aliens. He says yes and advises others to check it out if they've never seen it.

my man denzel GIF

I would never use my phone or an electronic device to watch media while working, of course definitely never, and I would never scroll though Media Psychos at work. 😉

Jim Carrey Grinch GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

my man denzel GIF

Me: 

8a95e3e2-3d0c-459d-aca1-caeac2186ee1_tex

• Haha 4

Happy Thursday Psychos! I hope you have an amazing day!

Friday Thursday GIF

2Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

21 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

58 Days Until Retro Expo

163 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

168 Days Until Halloween

196 Days Until Thanksgiving

223 Days Until Christmas

230 Days Until New Year

274 Days Until Valentine's Day!

305 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

339 Days Until Easter

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Veum said:

🤠 G’day mates, hope you have a nice day! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

dumb GIF

just got done with yard work 😓

200.gif?cid=5bd0675ezqk50glxx1kq1tctjh4m Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

I just bought my first electric mower, should’ve done more research, didn’t realize electric mowers are mostly a trick to get you to buy more of the (expensive!) batteries.  The battery that came with it will sometimes get all the way through the yard, sometimes it won’t.  I’ve had to mow part of it one day, the rest of it the next day after the battery charges.

• Sad 4

25 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I just bought my first electric mower, should’ve done more research, didn’t realize electric mowers are mostly a trick to get you to buy more of the (expensive!) batteries.  The battery that came with it will sometimes get all the way through the yard, sometimes it won’t.  I’ve had to mow part of it one day, the rest of it the next day after the battery charges.

Yeah I’ve had a battery operated leaf blower for awhile and those darn batteries are horrible at lasting 😠 

We just bought a TroyBuilt a couple of months ago and used it twice so far and like it better then our last one! 😊 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Can you return it and go for a different model or brand? I've got a Makita mower that uses two batteries, works great. Granted, we have a ton of those batteries because we're a Makita household (and our yard is small). 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Can you return it and go for a different model or brand? I've got a Makita mower that uses two batteries, works great. Granted, we have a ton of those batteries because we're a Makita household (and our yard is small). 

Mine came with one battery and has a slot for a 2nd battery, but the 2nd battery is a bit expensive.  I’ll probably just bite the bullet and buy the 2nd battery.  In every other way I’m pretty happy with the mower.  

Makita tends to be great though!  Had one of their weed eaters for many years and I’m frankly not sure what happened to it.  We moved a lot for my work, lived in 2 places that we rented and didn’t have to worry about the yard work.  Started unboxing at the new house and it didn’t turn up.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Mine came with one battery and has a slot for a 2nd battery, but the 2nd battery is a bit expensive.  I’ll probably just bite the bullet and buy the 2nd battery.  In every other way I’m pretty happy with the mower.  

Makita tends to be great though!  Had one of their weed eaters for many years and I’m frankly not sure what happened to it.  We moved a lot for my work, lived in 2 places that we rented and didn’t have to worry about the yard work.  Started unboxing at the new house and it didn’t turn up.  

image.gif.f23042b4518e2ee1ad978f62f9e79161.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

image.gif.f23042b4518e2ee1ad978f62f9e79161.gif

In my early 20s, I lived with 3 other lazy guys in a glorified shanty in the hills of eastern Kentucky.  No one wanted to mow the yard.  I always wanted to just buy 2 goats, put one in the front of the house and the other in the back, just to see if they’d take care of the problem.  Alas, the other guys wouldn’t go for it.

• Haha 3