IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Rambo said:

@ajames212 I was wondering why you didn't have a personal banner/signature, now I know.

But if you decide to spice it up, here are some ideas based on your avatar (he is one of my personal all time favorites. King Geedorah!!!!)

King Geedorah (11x23) – Jusscopeimage.png.a4b9afc825bf4989e0146dceb6dcb6e8.pngKing Geedorah - Take Me To Your Leader Remix Cover - MF DOOM Collection -  The MF DOOM Collection | OpenSea

MF DOOM honored with new mural in Toronto

Listen to MF DOOM and Czarface's New Song “Bomb Thrown”

Thank you for some of the ideas.  Like the bottom 2. 👍Mf Doom Rap GIF by Gunpowder & Sky

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Basil said:

yes rambo mike is very tired at his age its not good xD 

Grandpa Snoozing GIF by moodman

unless there is some ladies about then

dance GIF

basil xD 

Yup I sometimes do struggle with my flesh when it comes to looking at beautiful women but I come out more ahead spiritually then not… read this carefully and this is how I feel in the spiritual fight a lot! 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.5487297a35c5dc3fb2eb16765568eb0c.jpeg

• Like 2

good morning all happy monday 👍

Good Morning GIF

today is the state funeral here in england of the queen, so will be a somber occasion. RIP Elizabeth you will be missed 🙏

Queen Elizabeth GIF by The Telegraph

i feel for the royal family, also god the save the king now 👑

Prince Charles GIF

if any of you have access to the bbc news channel the state funeral should be on there if you wish to follow

basil 🙏

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

Good Morning Psychos, we have an awesome new award ☺️

Head over to the Award topic to see amazing award designed by @Pbsw23 and see how to get it.

Also

new_psycho_challenge_starting_gleaming_metal_silver.gif.28893c718a66ea5c3cda404d9a8539af.gif

The second Psycho Challenge is now live, check it out here. From the mind of @R1s1ngs0n

• Like 5

Good morning, everybody.

It's been a week today since the death of Jean-Luc Godard. Someone who not only changed -really- the way of making films, but who, (very) far from being satisfied, or joining the possibility of making commercial films and earning a lot of money, continued to investigate and experiment until his last day.

He's a controversial figure, liked by some and disliked by others. But what has surprised me the most these days is not that there are people who don't like his work, or that there are people who even hate him, or -for example- say that the second half of his work was just smoke.

The most amazing, and worrying, thing is -once again- that fewer and fewer people know about him.

And the fact that there are fewer people who know him also means that there are fewer people who are influenced by his work. (Will another Tarantino be possible in the future?)

And that is not going forward: it's going backwards.

The new generations, who only recognize Spielberg for "Ready Player One", and who believe that Scorsese is an old, talentless failure who criticizes Marvel out of envy, because he has never had a success; and for whom a movie prior to the year 2000 is not only unbearable, but who are not able to see it, are not physically able to sit down and keep their attention on it; these new generations... are shaping the market. They are dictating where to go.

Because the industry, afraid of losing the thread, has preferred to sell what they were, what cinema is, at a low price, so as not to lose that market. It's as if in a school where they give a great education, in order not to lose new clients... they lowered the level even though the education ended up being a disaster. That at the last Emmys ceremony it was necessary to prepare the prizes perspective to wink at the "Tik tok generation" is to fall very low, it's humiliating. That the Oscars seek to connect with "new audiences" even if that means putting someone on stage who should never be there, or giving an award to a person or movie that 20 years ago would have been the meat of the MTV Awards, it's very significant.

For me, the most curious thing is that they degrade their own product, their own art; they denigrate it, for trying to reach this "new public", when, in reality, most of this new public is not very interested -not at all interested- in the cinema, in what the cinema really is, or in what the cinema can truly give.

And they are not interested because education fails. Because you can't ask someone -who isn't capable of watching a screen for 30 minutes at home without picking up their smartphone- to watch, not a Godard, but not even "Schlinder's List".

Curiously, for many of the members of these new generations, buying a film in physical format is ridiculous, obsolete, an absurd way of throwing money away.

And all this together has made me think today that perhaps there is a strong link between the CINEMA, well, with capital letters, be it Godard, be it Scorsese, be it Kubrick, John Ford, David Fincher, or any other; and the physical format. How those of us who received that cinephile education watching wonderful movies in the cinema, or on television, understand and enjoy the gesture of taking a physical edition with our hands, opening it, smelling it, and fulfilling the rite of putting the disc in the player, before to hit "play".

That doesn't mean that everything is absolute; there are always people of all kinds on all sides, I'm sure. But, of course, in my opinion, cinema as we have known, it's in danger. When these new generations are the majority we will have a problem. And maybe one day, we will be seen as obsolete old men who still practice a backward art that "doesn't interest anyone anymore."

Because the cinema, by then, will be another thing. Maybe not so different from those reels that are easily found, with someone who goes on a roller coaster with a go pro. (Long reels for the future?). But it will not be the only change, because now the wonderful old books that we all read as children are having to be updated because the new children are not able to read them. They need less difficult words, fewer pages, larger print, more pictures, and talk of "followers" at some point.

Godard said that "photography is the truth, and cinema is the truth 24 times a second".

Perhaps the new generations are not interested in the truth.

And, probably, it's true, and it's only interesting to hear what one wants to hear; on a personal, social, political, and even cultural level.

But what I have no doubt about is that this close link between CINEMA and physical format exists. And whatever happens to the streaming companies, change, mutate, move on or disappear, we will still be there.

Today in the morning it has given me to think that, deep down, we are "The Resistance".

No matter. Our time will come. For now, there are already many movies that we can only see those who have them at home.

And the human being is like that, like a pendulum; the cultural crisis will be followed by a return to the origins. And maybe then some (another) new generation, fed up with seeing a nobody tell on Tik Tok that he is eating a sandwich before bed, decide to try to find out why "Godfellas" drove us crazy.

Some will go further, others will not, but the journey will be worth it.

Long live Jean-Luc Godard!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/sep/14/godard-shattered-cinema-martin-scorsese-mike-leigh-abel-ferrara-luca-guadagnino-and-more-pay-tribute

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning, everybody.

It's been a week today since the death of Jean-Luc Godard. Someone who not only changed -really- the way of making films, but who, (very) far from being satisfied, or joining the possibility of making commercial films and earning a lot of money, continued to investigate and experiment until his last day.

He's a controversial figure, liked by some and disliked by others. But what has surprised me the most these days is not that there are people who don't like his work, or that there are people who even hate him, or -for example- say that the second half of his work was just smoke.

The most amazing, and worrying, thing is -once again- that fewer and fewer people know about him.

And the fact that there are fewer people who know him also means that there are fewer people who are influenced by his work. (Will another Tarantino be possible in the future?)

And that is not going forward: it's going backwards.

The new generations, who only recognize Spielberg for "Ready Player One", and who believe that Scorsese is an old, talentless failure who criticizes Marvel out of envy, because he has never had a success; and for whom a movie prior to the year 2000 is not only unbearable, but who are not able to see it, are not physically able to sit down and keep their attention on it; these new generations... are shaping the market. They are dictating where to go.

Because the industry, afraid of losing the thread, has preferred to sell what they were, what cinema is, at a low price, so as not to lose that market. It's as if in a school where they give a great education, in order not to lose new clients... they lowered the level even though the education ended up being a disaster. That at the last Emmys ceremony it was necessary to prepare the prizes perspective to wink at the "Tik tok generation" is to fall very low, it's humiliating. That the Oscars seek to connect with "new audiences" even if that means putting someone on stage who should never be there, or giving an award to a person or movie that 20 years ago would have been the meat of the MTV Awards, it's very significant.

For me, the most curious thing is that they degrade their own product, their own art; they denigrate it, for trying to reach this "new public", when, in reality, most of this new public is not very interested -not at all interested- in the cinema, in what the cinema really is, or in what the cinema can truly give.

And they are not interested because education fails. Because you can't ask someone -who isn't capable of watching a screen for 30 minutes at home without picking up their smartphone- to watch, not a Godard, but not even "Schlinder's List".

Curiously, for many of the members of these new generations, buying a film in physical format is ridiculous, obsolete, an absurd way of throwing money away.

And all this together has made me think today that perhaps there is a strong link between the CINEMA, well, with capital letters, be it Godard, be it Scorsese, be it Kubrick, John Ford, David Fincher, or any other; and the physical format. How those of us who received that cinephile education watching wonderful movies in the cinema, or on television, understand and enjoy the gesture of taking a physical edition with our hands, opening it, smelling it, and fulfilling the rite of putting the disc in the player, before to hit "play".

That doesn't mean that everything is absolute; there are always people of all kinds on all sides, I'm sure. But, of course, in my opinion, cinema as we have known, it's in danger. When these new generations are the majority we will have a problem. And maybe one day, we will be seen as obsolete old men who still practice a backward art that "doesn't interest anyone anymore."

Because the cinema, by then, will be another thing. Maybe not so different from those reels that are easily found, with someone who goes on a roller coaster with a go pro. (Long reels for the future?). But it will not be the only change, because now the wonderful old books that we all read as children are having to be updated because the new children are not able to read them. They need less difficult words, fewer pages, larger print, more pictures, and talk of "followers" at some point.

Godard said that "photography is the truth, and cinema is the truth 24 times a second".

Perhaps the new generations are not interested in the truth.

And, probably, it's true, and it's only interesting to hear what one wants to hear; on a personal, social, political, and even cultural level.

But what I have no doubt about is that this close link between CINEMA and physical format exists. And whatever happens to the streaming companies, change, mutate, move on or disappear, we will still be there.

Today in the morning it has given me to think that, deep down, we are "The Resistance".

No matter. Our time will come. For now, there are already many movies that we can only see those who have them at home.

And the human being is like that, like a pendulum; the cultural crisis will be followed by a return to the origins. And maybe then some (another) new generation, fed up with seeing a nobody tell on Tik Tok that he is eating a sandwich before bed, decide to try to find out why "Godfellas" drove us crazy.

Some will go further, others will not, but the journey will be worth it.

Long live Jean-Luc Godard!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/sep/14/godard-shattered-cinema-martin-scorsese-mike-leigh-abel-ferrara-luca-guadagnino-and-more-pay-tribute

i do hope @Casiusco this doesn't mean your NOT sticking his discs down you pants now xD 

jizz in my pants GIF

i know its been a week and maybe you have a strange way of morning him xD 

Leonardo Dicaprio Kinda GIF

but trust me its not normal behaviour, shedding a few tears its quite acceptable.

then moving on xD 

you could even expand your collection of his

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

then we wont have to call the pervert police xD 

youtube gimp GIF by Vidme

basil xD 

• Haha 4

On 8/31/2022 at 9:40 PM, Pbsw23 said:

@Casiusco 38mins into his debut….. Liverpool 0 - 1 Newcastle…..  Isak.

giphy.gif

I didn't forget about you, but your message found me outside of Spain for work. When I read it, I smiled. I was also with English partners, and it was great fun to talk about football. ;) 

It would be very interesting if someone in the UK press publish a list of expensive signings and performance. In the case of strikers, they could count how much money each goal was worth, and compare it to how much a goal from another top scorer in one of the major European leagues would have been worth. For illustration only.

Isak is not bad, and he will score some goals. But he is not worth 70 million euros. And any fan in Spain will tell you that if Newcastle had offered €35m, they would have sold it too. And if they sold it for 25 it wouldn't have surprised anyone either. So that you understand me, even this summer, the price of a young Spanish international with positive figures was 14 million.

But, as I told you, in Spain the English clubs have become seen as that rich cousin or friend to whom you can put the price you want. Interestingly, no top club in Spain thought of signing Isak. But still, he is a good player, and he will score goals.

The question is: how many would have scored in Newcastle those who already score more goals than him here, and were cheaper?

About the corruption of football in Spain... yes, it is a corrupt championship in a corrupt country. Where justice is now only political, and where cases of corruption in large parties or large public figures are no longer news or surprising. What I still don't understand is how our German friends continue to give us so much money through the EU (....), but... there they are. 

Here the money from television is distributed with criteria that favor a few, the sports press is centralized in Madrid, the referees have always been a dark group against whom nothing can be done, when some representative of them retire they go on to earn a lot of money in sports programs linked to the Madrid teams, if audio recordings appear talking about a match-fixing nobody investigates anything in depth, one of the defenders of one of those possible-fixed matches is today president of the Spanish Football Federation, recently audios and messages were leaked where Piqué (FC Barcelona) was doing business tieh the Federation President about competitions and money for clubs, and my team has been suffering 5 penalties by the referee in two games against Real Madrid played in a few months. Luckily we are soft on defense :D 

That is why, among other things, the Spanish league is boring. It's like playing a video game in phase that you've already overcome many times and where you already know what's going to happen.

You only entertain yourself with small partial, local, small and big victories of your team, knowing that you will never be able to compete with the means of others.

Perhaps in the background there resides football. The real football. 💗

PS1: These days the uncle and former chief of staff of the President of the Spanish Football Federation, yes, the one I spoke about earlier, accused the president -his nephew- of paying for orgies with money from the Federation. We put a guy as president who participated in a possible rigged match, what could go wrong? 🤣

PS2: These days the Spanish National Team coach -Luis Enrique- has given the list of players for the next World Cup preparation matches. He said that if a player doesn't play for his club, he is for a reason; insinuating that they cannot go to the selection. Then he brought players who in 6 games played 8 minutes, and strikers who have not scored goals yet. Some people criticized it, and the president of the Federation defended him. A few days before, he defended the president of the Federation. Welcome to Spain 😎, enjoy the show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Basil said:

i do hope @Casiusco this doesn't mean your NOT sticking his discs down you pants now xD 

jizz in my pants GIF

i know its been a week and maybe you have a strange way of morning him xD 

Leonardo Dicaprio Kinda GIF

but trust me its not normal behaviour, shedding a few tears its quite acceptable.

then moving on xD 

you could even expand your collection of his

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

then we wont have to call the pervert police xD 

youtube gimp GIF by Vidme

basil xD 

Maybe I'm just more romantic than you.

giphy-4.gif

;):D 

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Whodini said:

Is it just me or have YouTube ads gotten out of hand lately? They're thrashing the ads in Australia. I wonder if that's how it is with other countries?

Seriously considering upgrading to premium now.

Was that their plan all along 🤔 

It's not just you. It's getting worse here in the US too. I heard a rumor that they're "testing out" 5 or more unstoppable ads in certain markets.  

• Sad 3