IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

What sweet joy I experience from seeing such wonderful gifs, but her beauty is sometimes to much for even me to comprehend 

fresh off the boat mind blown GIF

frustrated fainting GIF

You're living in Paolo Sorrentino's "The Great Beauty". ;) 

What I don't know is if you are the tourist who faints and falls unconscious to the ground in the first scene because he cannot bear so much beauty in front of his eyes ...

1+the+great+beauty,+view+of+rome.jpg

... or if you really are ... the great Jep Gambardella

la-grande-belleza1-copia.gif

tumblr_oaw5kzxaa61uzg6sbo1_500.gifv

• Haha 6

Good Morning/Evening Psychos

giphy.gif

Was working until 1:00AM last night on a deadline for a client, woke up at 7:00AM and this has been me all morning... 

@Pbsw23 i broke down at 1:15, i was looking at my display with the beautiful lights that you inspired me to install. I opened my blufans fan box for Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse  and i don't regret it whatsoever. I'm starting to realize how gorgeous WEA steels are.

I can wait to get my Amazing Spider-man 1/2 FS's from WeET. I might even open those now but i cant wait to see those FS's in hand and see what the textures are like. 

@Hollywood E Rock how are things going down in the south there? Working nights still?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Count Dantes said:

giphy.gif

Was working until 1:00AM last night on a deadline for a client, woke up at 7:00AM and this has been me all morning... 

I know that situation and that feeling too well.

tenor.gif?itemid=5539993

One day somebody will make a movie in which the "deadlines" are a kind of orcs that will chase us and we will have to defeat them to save ourselves and humanity. And we'll have a great collectors edition...

tenor.gif?itemid=7889465

But ... let's be honest: stress and challenges sometimes make work more fun too.

You have our full support! Psychos are strong! 

3ovF.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=14541691

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Count Dantes said:

Cant wait, normally there are some good unboxing videos on youtube that i live vicariously through... our own @romeroland has some awesome unboxings in full 1080P and shows of everything. I guess he hasn't received his copies yet though :( 

could even go full circle and do an unboxing video of your own to share here?

basil :D

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Basil said:

could even go full circle and do an unboxing video of your own to share here?

basil :D

There is a reason people say "leave it to the professionals"

11 minutes ago, romeroland said:

It's in country, as soon as I get it I will upload the unboxing video in full glorious 4k

LETTTSSSSS GO. Can't wait! 

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY

WET Wednesday

Hide contents

ZhHy69Y.jpg

C7ODhje.jpg

6QRiSSm.jpg

Tmwfx4C.jpg

B9vTNmk.jpg

oc3p4WO.jpg

alp0Szx.jpg

rJ0Avwm.jpg

u1gTmfk.jpg

8TZbAVr.jpg

YvfS7tU.jpg

M2OUvLP.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Mornings define our day so here’s to everyone having a great start, & here’s to everyone having a Wonderful Wednesday!

giphy.gif

I feel like some salmon today yum 😋

9 hours ago, Basil said:

and there was me thinking you bringing the shampoo and the soap to start withxD 

oh well no wine for you xD 

bela lugosi vampire GIF

9 hours ago, Trianna said:

Well I don't like wine anyway...get me the hard liqueur

Bbc Drinking GIF

8 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Be careful what you wish for, there have been editions on the waiting list for years... ;)

PS: @Fortis93 If you sell an Collector's Edition to a psycho, but your other self from the past eventually changes its mind and finally doesn't join the GB, what are you selling?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Count Dantes said:

giphy.gif

@Pbsw23 i broke down at 1:15, i was looking at my display with the beautiful lights that you inspired me to install. I opened my blufans fan box for Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse  and i don't regret it whatsoever. I'm starting to realize how gorgeous WEA steels are.

I can wait to get my Amazing Spider-man 1/2 FS's from WeET. I might even open those now but i cant wait to see those FS's in hand and see what the textures are like. 

@Hollywood E Rock how are things going down in the south there? Working nights still?

giphy.gif

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh Boooooooiiiiiii! 😁👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Im still ever so patiently waiting for my WeET Capt. Marvel let alone my Amazing Spiderlings! I’ve also gone a bit nuts on Pops and Comics trying to take the display to the next level 😁👍🏼

You know I need pics Bro 😉👍🏼🍻

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

giphy.gif

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh Boooooooiiiiiii! 😁👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Im still ever so patiently waiting for my WeET Capt. Marvel let alone my Amazing Spiderlings! I’ve also gone a bit nuts on Pops and Comics trying to take the display to the next level 😁👍🏼

You know I need pics Bro 😉👍🏼🍻

Well lets first and foremost state that my display will never look as good as yours.

Same here mate, most of my editions get shipped to my family members house in the USA and i wait until they come up to visit in order for me to get mine. They are coming up the beginning of November so i should have quite the haul and that's when i'll reorganize my display ;) 

That WeET Capt. Marvel i cant wait for either, i've seen pics of the FS but i cant wait to have it in hand. 

• Like 4

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY

THICK Thursday

Spoiler

hgAeQe4.jpg

93tduTC.jpg

HSqKkIN.jpg

cLGMPY2.jpg

raoUchn.jpg

WNk1bah.jpg

X5wtZmH.jpg

nFzdEP3.jpg

Ds1DxN0.jpg

Z7uWNiw.jpg

qzmdea6.jpg

5AVQFG6.jpg

Q2woTVW.jpg

cPhDHPs.jpg

c8OirVL.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope today is a great day full of smiles, laughter, & fulfillment! Here’s to having a Thunderous Thursday!

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, Psychos.

Today I have been reading an article that talks about how the big studios -corporations- are trying to take advantage of the pandemic to little by little change people's habits, accelerating what they were already doing ..., and return to being owners -or who decides- over the screens where a movie can be seen. All screens. Now legally they can once again own movie theaters, and they also have streaming as the source of all our devices. That may be to have control of all possible screens.

I don't like it.

In advance it sounds good, and it seems that in this way everyone will have more possibilities due to having more new players; but, in reality, in the long term, it does not give more possibilities, it reduces them. They assume a vertical integration of the entire business, gradually removing everyone who was in the middle.

And in a production environment where those who decide are no longer filmmakers, but financiers, the disappearance of intermediaries makes it easier for a financier in Burbank to decide what we can see or not see; or by a programmer that -simply- optimizes the combination of some tabs. That can impose their model, and their preferences. And some days I like to believe  that we are free, really free, and that with that freedom we can see whatever we want.

But to be freedom, it's essential that there always be alternatives.

I'm one of those who thinks that the fewer players there are in this business, the easier it will be for them to do what they want, or rather: impose what they want. And it doesn't matter whether you like the movies out now or not: if everything is reduced, if the alternatives are reduced, all the screens are theirs, and they do what they want according to the trend of each moment, one day it may affect you. It's just a matter of time.

There are many closed cinemas right now, many of them will disappear; there are small production studios with serious financial problems, and we all know that at some point the streaming market will mature and there will be only a few platforms, probably those that can afford to be strong producers at the same time. In fact, it will be very interesting to see how the next generation of content rental is dealed between production companies and platforms, when now all will have their own winning horse on the board. Will they continue to rent content to the competition? And what price? The same as now, or more expensive ... now that they already have/will have their own platform? And how will that affect us?

Maybe -from a business point of view- interesting business in the medium term is an alternative to that. But subjectively I have no doubt that these movements in the market are not good for the people.

I recently read another article where it was said that even some of the most famous and award-winning actors in the world have trouble finding funding for their movies, talking only about "small" movies with a $25 million budget, not big budgets. There are movies that are "no longer made."

And thinking about all this, I have wondered if the children of today will get to be able to see many of those wonderful movies that we all know, and that have helped us to have our own cinema culture, and our own personal preferences, whatever they are; or if they will only know the latest releases of the majors, and nothing else.

That "and nothing else" is very dangerous. At an educational level, and at a cultural level. Because one thing is that something is what you like the most, what you have chosen; and another thing is that there are new generations who don't know anything else. And that their educational and visual -or narrative- personal development is just that.

That can be the big difference: we see the same movies, but we do it by choice. Because we are free to do so. Those children are not going to be. Maybe. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Guys and Gals just a reminder for those who still do not know or understand .....

The MP Membership cards that have went out the previous weeks are those from the LAST cycle NOT the NEW cycle. 

So it will reflect your membership Tier from that cycle NOT from the new cycle which started 1st Sept.

Due to the Pandemic the cards were distributed alot later then normal and that might be what is causing the misunderstanding. 

Thanks for your support as always and please let other members know who might ask but not read this message ....

Take care 

John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4